Championship next season

4 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Bless

One of the feebler comments you will ever see on these forums, and only ever seems to be seen when there's a perceived slight over a Leigh player doesn't it? Attempting to be patronising doesn't really work on internet forums unless you can back it up.

Anyway, I'm interested in Championship RL and hadn't heard of this player before so just did some research. Check out here for example
https://www.facebook.com/TheGHRaiders/posts/10159666923357359
https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34830

But as I also said - there's a huge gulf between NRL and SL let alone Championship so should go ok at this level.
I have seen similar fairly  negative comments made on Aussie forums about players who have done very well over here in the Championship - Nu Brown is one recent example.

14 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

They've lost Miski, Richards, Hankinson and Adebeyi to SL clubs. Fozard to Widnes, Davis and Ogden to York, Boafo to Newcastle, Aston to Halifax, Chamberlain and Jones to Leigh, Boafo to Newcastle, and Meadows and Hodson to Batley.

A lot of those guys aren't anything out of the ordinary, you're right, but most of them are ok at a mid-division Championship level, and there has been a steady erosion of talent there since they were relegated, they seem to lose almost the equivalent of a starting 13 every year and the replacements always seem to represent a net loss.

We'll have to wait and see who else they bring in, but as things stand they look weaker now than last year, when they looked weaker than the year before, etc.

Adebeyi might be considered a loss,he is raw but plenty talented.However ,if I had to choose between him and Wellington Albert,I'm going with the latter.

I do agree pal,the yearly turn over is bad,the Harlequins/Broncos have always had high player turn over,that's why success is generally never sustained for long in the capital.My point was,who they have lost and who they have been replaced with,I don't see it as a big deal,not alot would separate, if any.

35 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Adebeyi might be considered a loss,he is raw but plenty talented.However ,if I had to choose between him and Wellington Albert,I'm going with the latter.

I do agree pal,the yearly turn over is bad,the Harlequins/Broncos have always had high player turn over,that's why success is generally never sustained for long in the capital.My point was,who they have lost and who they have been replaced with,I don't see it as a big deal,not alot would separate, if any.

The other factor nobody seems to be considering is we have lost Danny Ward who is one of the top coaches in the Champ, and IMHO is better than 50% coaches in SL. He almost performed a miracle in 2019, and nobody who is relegated from SL in the future will match the Bronocs performance in SL that season.  We now have a PT coach who has only managed lower level L1 teams, he also has another job as Jamica coach so won't be able to provide the attention to the Bronocs that Ward and Langley did.

So whichever way you paint it, we are much weaker than last year which was a shambles in itself, and we will be in the relegation mix, even if we avoid it, its only going to be by 1 or 2 places.

32 minutes ago, crashmon said:

The other factor nobody seems to be considering is we have lost Danny Ward who is one of the top coaches in the Champ, and IMHO is better than 50% coaches in SL. He almost performed a miracle in 2019, and nobody who is relegated from SL in the future will match the Bronocs performance in SL that season.  We now have a PT coach who has only managed lower level L1 teams, he also has another job as Jamica coach so won't be able to provide the attention to the Bronocs that Ward and Langley did.

So whichever way you paint it, we are much weaker than last year which was a shambles in itself, and we will be in the relegation mix, even if we avoid it, its only going to be by 1 or 2 places.

No doubt,Danny Ward's loss is massive and such a crucial error by the club. 

Maybe I'm just not as a negative person as some,but like you say,look what the team did a few year ago,no one had them in the promotion picture,yet they did it.

Haven last year,were slammed on here for months for their recruitment/retention of players etc,yet they did a fantastic job and had a great run in the back end.

I'm interested to see how it pans out the first 6-7 games.

22 hours ago, Leonard said:

Just stream it to your TV.

Another hoop to jump through - that's the way to expand your customer base.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Very true Rammy, a good performing Leigh team will really get the some folks back up.

Not as many as there will if they are rubbish.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Part Time players from the north cannot afford to live in London playing Part time, unless they are students, so would have subisided housing as part of being at Uni

So your looking at Aussie students or players already in the south, its probably easier moving from South Wales than it is from Leeds \ Hull \ Lancs.

So it leaves you skolars \ WWR from your talent pool, seeing most of the acadamy squad who made the team last year have left and gone up north.

So yes, its a L1 squad we are building for a tilt at the L1 shield in 2023

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Leonard said:

I'm not sure if there are additional discounts for people watching in black and white either. 

You must work in sales or marketing.

29 minutes ago, DavidM said:

There are , and for people watching on the wireless 

Johnny will be paying then.

If Premier include "how to use a radio" within the package - which they should do if they are any self respecting provider.

Edited by Leonard

4 hours ago, Leonard said:

Broncos seem to like signing a West Wales player.

If you sign the West Wales squad, don't be surprised if you get West Wales' results. 

It's a bizarre transfer policy. Yes you occasionally get diamonds among the rough but 3 signings and possibly more to come from WWR is strange. It wouldn't be such an issue if they'd retained some of their better players but they've let most of them go 

The thing is WWR are looking at all avenues for recruitment. Last season I believe they signed three players from the army plus Union players too. Seems weird slating clubs signing WWR players. I believe there have been one or two good players have come from South Wales over the years........

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

9 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

The thing is WWR are looking at all avenues for recruitment. Last season I believe they signed three players from the army plus Union players too. Seems weird slating clubs signing WWR players. I believe there have been one or two good players have come from South Wales over the years........

Well, yes. But when they all play in the same team results would suggest that it won't end well...

9 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Not slating WWR but its bizarre that Broncos who have ambitions for Superleague are signing players from the bottom club in league 1. 

18 minutes ago, crashmon said:

any ambitions Broncos had for SL disappeared when they went Part Time. Paying 200K for a shiny stadium means no money for unimportant things like players.

Sadly there are very little people that care any more I will still pop along when in London to 2/3 matches a season however the hard core support is now no more than around 250.

My non league football team in Step 5 now average more than the Broncos:(

P