Jump to content

Championship this season


Recommended Posts

Widnes signed Brad Holroyd from Workington, presumably as replacement for Deon Cross. Good signing I think, weakening one of our relegation rivals 🙂. He's a pretty elusive runner, looked good at Saints academy, probably lacking a bit of size to make it in SL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


16 minutes ago, JonM said:

Widnes signed Brad Holroyd from Workington, presumably as replacement for Deon Cross. Good signing I think, weakening one of our relegation rivals 🙂. He's a pretty elusive runner, looked good at Saints academy, probably lacking a bit of size to make it in SL.

Its a very good signing for Widnes, and a big loss for town. He was superb on the wing for the first half of the season, and frankly was playing below his level. He moved to full back and was equally as impressive, but I do think wing is his better position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, JonM said:

Widnes signed Brad Holroyd from Workington, presumably as replacement for Deon Cross. Good signing I think, weakening one of our relegation rivals 🙂. He's a pretty elusive runner, looked good at Saints academy, probably lacking a bit of size to make it in SL.

Leigh lad John, who played a single game for us, and scored, before being sent out on loan as he needed game time. Very disappointed we didn't go for him, assuming we didn't, as he has the step and pace that worry's defences

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Dont think he helped his future prospects with that. Only Leeds (Cant go bk) Newcastle and York in UK fit that criteria. Wigan too maybe. 

York is 57th in size by population of cities/towns (and has a population less than Sheffield, Hull, Wigan and Doncaster) or 87th as a district in the UK&NI.... 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

True enough.  And if he's a success we'll soon forget comments he made when working for someone else.

I'm just not sure he's the coach for us. His record at Leeds was pretty dire once the players who could win stuff in their sleep had moved on.

He has a great record in getting his teams over the line in playoff rugby,surely that’s what Fev need given their recent failures at the final hurdle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Leigh lad John, who played a single game for us, and scored, before being sent out on loan as he needed game time. Very disappointed we didn't go for him, assuming we didn't, as he has the step and pace that worry's defences

Yes, I did wonder if there'd been a reason why he hadn't gone back to Leigh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

York is 57th in size by population of cities/towns (and has a population less than Sheffield, Hull, Wigan and Doncaster) or 87th as a district in the UK&NI.... 

Yes but how of those cities have a RL team in the pyramid (which is kind of his point). Still, it does surprise me that Hull or Wigan never showed interest in him.  

South Yorkshire really has become a no go zone for both codes in the professional stakes. Wouldn´t be a bad thing to see Sheffield and Doncaster at 2nd tier with a derby game. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Agreed entirely.  Wouldn't be my choice. As I've said earlier today, there is a risk of him being 'yesterday's man'. He's got good contacts in the game but after two years out, those contacts are also other people's contacts now.

That said, good coaches are hard to come by. We got very lucky with the very professional Ryan Carr. 

McDermott has a pedigree at this level and in SL. I'm happy to see how it develops with McDermott. 

I think Brian is thick skinned enough to ignore the slatings he might get for his comments and I also think any coach who’d been under the financial pressure that TWP created would be glad of some time off.

100% agree with Ryan Carr and to a certain extent with one of Scubbys choices in Craig Lingard but Brian is a very focussed bloke and I’m sure has some points to prove in that he can still do the business, which is exactly the right attitude.  

No ones mentioned Danny Ward, or is he spoken for?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I think Brian is thick skinned enough to ignore the slatings he might get for his comments and I also think any coach who’d been under the financial pressure that TWP created would be glad of some time off.

100% agree with Ryan Carr and to a certain extent with one of Scubbys choices in Craig Lingard but Brian is a very focussed bloke and I’m sure has some points to prove in that he can still do the business, which is exactly the right attitude.  

No ones mentioned Danny Ward, or is he spoken for?

 

just seen danny ward at leigh train station with aaron smith

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Then I will give you a clue, look no further than Fev or Leigh, Newcastle will struggle to make top 6, if they do it will be only just.

My opinion of course.

Think fev and Leigh may disappoint next season , Newcastle , bulls , fax and a few more could be the dark horse in 2022

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Fev are one of the best run clubs in the league.  They wont be short of applicants and still in playoffs.  

Newcastle are going to be in playoffs also and I dont fancy picking a winner from that league. 

 

That's a pretty low bar, to be honest.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...