Championship this season

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Greg McNally departs Whitehaven due to work commitments,with Walmsley gone thats a lot of strike missing from  the backline that did so well last season.

Retired, I presume.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

25 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Greg McNally departs Whitehaven due to work commitments,with Walmsley gone thats a lot of strike missing from  the backline that did so well last season.

He had a few injuries last season & missed a number of games. I wonder if time is catching up on him?

13 minutes ago, LeeF said:

He had a few injuries last season & missed a number of games. I wonder if time is catching up on him?

Always happens to Haven, real shame but I hope the derbies and the clubs doing well lead to some bumper crowds for both to plug the financial gaps. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

They’ve signed Will Evans (Wales 9s) centre/winger - 19/20 years of age. Good handful of Queensland Cup games. He’ll go well. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

They’ve signed Will Evans (Wales 9s) centre/winger - 19/20 years of age. Good handful of Queensland Cup games. He’ll go well. 

He’s an unknown having only played 3 first grade games for Burleigh.

15 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fax re-sign Elliott Morris after rumours of him leaving, really good news for us consistantly one of our best players. Also Connor Robinson as expected has been told to find a new club with 2 clubs reported to be interested. 

Why has robinson been told to find a new club? Good player him.

1 hour ago, Thunder fan said:

Why has robinson been told to find a new club? Good player him.

Brought in Keyes, Joufrett and Aston(Not confirmed the latter two) who I think most people would rate higher than Robinson. I think he would do okay as a half at a bottom half Championship team or be a stand out in League 1. I don't see him as been good enough to take a team around the field who has top 6 ambitions. If I had to guess destinations then I think York would be an obvious one but I think Dewsbury could do a lot worse than him. I cant see any of the top 6 making a move for him.

18 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Think he’s signed for Rochdale,wasted in League 1.

League 1 teams tend to train just once a week. This is often the cause of players leaving Championship clubs who have greater demands on their time.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fax re-sign Elliott Morris after rumours of him leaving, really good news for us consistantly one of our best players. Also Connor Robinson as expected has been told to find a new club with 2 clubs reported to be interested. 

Maybe, but he is contracted to Fax for 2022 and they are trying to unload his expensive contract. These "interested" clubs are unwilling to agree and Fax are reluctant to pay him off. You might have a costly water-carrier next season if someone won't budge.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Brought in Keyes, Joufrett and Aston(Not confirmed the latter two) who I think most people would rate higher than Robinson. I think he would do okay as a half at a bottom half Championship team or be a stand out in League 1. I don't see him as been good enough to take a team around the field who has top 6 ambitions. If I had to guess destinations then I think York would be an obvious one but I think Dewsbury could do a lot worse than him. I cant see any of the top 6 making a move for him.

No thanks, we are pretty well sorted now.

I suppose, if you reckon that he would suit a bottom-half club, then he could do worse than staying with you, after all.  😋

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Haha 3

On 22/10/2021 at 12:13, Scubby said:

I think Craig Lingard would be a great fit and obviously has connections to the area. What he has done at Batley is outstanding and he knows the Championship inside out.

Not a chance Lingard will work for Campbell or fev rovers 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

@Thunder fan laugh all you want, Newcastle in my opinion will be lucky to make the top 6.

Yeah but you spent a week telling everyone how Fev would batter Toulouse in the playoff final 😂

I wouldn’t be too quick to write Newcastle off until we see the makeup of their squad.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe, but he is contracted to Fax for 2022 and they are trying to unload his expensive contract. These "interested" clubs are unwilling to agree and Fax are reluctant to pay him off. You might have a costly water-carrier next season if someone won't budge.

Expensive? You know something we don't BSJ?

He won't be at Fax next season.

• Like 1

Nowt fro FEV but according to wikipedia 

Brian G. McDermott (born 16 March 1970) is an English professional rugby league coach who is employed as head coach at Featherstone Rovers in the RFL Championship. He is a former professional rugby league player.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Guess again.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

League 1 teams tend to train just once a week. This is often the cause of players leaving Championship clubs who have greater demands on their time.

any with aspirations still do tues\ thurs plus captains run sat😜