Championship this season

6 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Great news on Mark and thats some pack we will be turning out. Like the youngsters announced in the backs so far with Nisbett (Saints), Hatton (Widnes) and Roberts (Swinton). Especially curious about Luis Roberts, Leigh Lad, who was at Salford - winger only 19/20, 6'4'' and 15 stone. Disappointed we missed on Holdroyd who went to Widnes. Plenty more signings this week and next being announced

roberts looked more than usefill last season , 15 stone ?   maybe after a good feed , certainly got a short fuse as all red heads tend to have

4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Mrs S and I would normally be experiencing the delights of Patterdale this (half term) week. Glad we've given it a miss this year! 

Lovely area,hopefully the flood defences have worked,not sure Glenridding can take another flood.

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

For mine one of the best performers at Leigh last term was Matty Russell now gone to Salford, Leigh could not pick a better like for like player than Jy Hitchcock I hope we can get a good centre to partner him.

Bit of an ar.se, but a decent winger.

The championship next Yr will be miles better. Last year was sheeite. 

Down side is.... I'll get gubrats mithering me!!🤣

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Yes the top two clubs going toe-to-toe were certainly masking a lot of very ordinary teams in the division. It is great to see a number of them strengthening for 2022 - should make a real difference to the balance of the competition.

17 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Yes the top two clubs going toe-to-toe were certainly masking a lot of very ordinary teams in the division. It is great to see a number of them strengthening for 2022 - should make a real difference to the balance of the competition.

Last year was a covid hit clunk to get through. First season back and for the first time in a few years several clubs will actually feel that on their day they could win a playoff final. I don´t expect Leigh to be as strong as Toulouse who have been spanking teams out of sight for years. 

RFL Champ has 7 teams who all think they should be a playoff team (Leigh, Fev, Bulls, York, Newcastle, Widnes, Fax). I think Newcastle will be in the best position to strengthen throughout the season as if they start well players will be attracted to a full time club with ambition. Plus Newcastle unlike Leigh have an owner who players can trust to pay them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Last year was a covid hit clunk to get through. First season back and for the first time in a few years several clubs will actually feel that on their day they could win a playoff final. I don´t expect Leigh to be as strong as Toulouse who have been spanking teams out of sight for years. 

RFL Champ has 7 teams who all think they should be a playoff team (Leigh, Fev, Bulls, York, Newcastle, Widnes, Fax). I think Newcastle will be in the best position to strengthen throughout the season as if they start well players will be attracted to a full time club with ambition. Plus Newcastle unlike Leigh have an owner who players can trust to pay them. 

Batley beat all of those except for Featherstone.and finished 4th.

We also beat Toulouse one of those years they were apparently beating teams out of sight 🙂

The team has been strengthened so logically we ought to be thereabouts again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Niels said:

Batley beat all of those except for Featherstone.and finished 4th.

We also beat Toulouse one of those years they were apparently beating teams out of sight 🙂

The team has been strengthened so logically we ought to be thereabouts again.

If Batley made it it would be great. Just budget wise Batley have no right to be near. Team has been punching above their weight for a long time and long may it continue. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Yes, it’s fantastic to see the pockets being used.

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Get thi sell down t Blackpool fort Bash 😂

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Im not expecting Widnes to suddenly be better than Batley considering the signings Widnes have made.