Championship this season

2 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Sam Scott arrives at the Bulls. Any good??

Better than good. At times he single handedly pulled York back into games last season. Prone to the odd mistake but only because he gives 100% everytime he takes the ball in. Will leave a big hole in the York squad, but good luck to him for next season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JonT said:

Better than good. At times he single handedly pulled York back into games last season. Prone to the odd mistake but only because he gives 100% everytime he takes the ball in. Will leave a big hole in the York squad, but good luck to him for next season. 

Obviously York don’t carry the same confidence you do.

5 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Last year was a covid hit clunk to get through. First season back and for the first time in a few years several clubs will actually feel that on their day they could win a playoff final. I don´t expect Leigh to be as strong as Toulouse who have been spanking teams out of sight for years. 

RFL Champ has 7 teams who all think they should be a playoff team (Leigh, Fev, Bulls, York, Newcastle, Widnes, Fax). I think Newcastle will be in the best position to strengthen throughout the season as if they start well players will be attracted to a full time club with ambition. Plus Newcastle unlike Leigh have an owner who players can trust to pay them. 

That's 2 references to Leigh Centurions, do you drink Bitter by any chance ? 😜

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Hearing Whitehaven have signed Kiwi fullback from Swinton Geronimo Doyle,don’t know anything about him but it’s a great name.

class fullback , always enjoyed watching him , nippy and elusive

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JonT said:

Condescending much...? 🤷‍♂️ It's almost as though supporters aren't allowed opinions...

They most certainly are, supporters pay to have an opinion whether that is to congratulate or chastise an individual, team or club.

That is the difference between a supporter and a fan, supporters financially support through their entrance fee, fan's just favour a team. I draw the line at those so called fan's who say the club should do this or do that but put diddly squat in to pay for their viewpoint and attitude, it is really a worthless opinion.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

What's your opinion on his move?

As I put at the time , good solid player Jordan , never shirked work , would have liked to have kept him , but I'd guess he's willing to cross the big hill every day for SL but not for the Championship , wish him all the best except when playing against us 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

They most certainly are, supporters pay to have an opinion whether that is to congratulate or chastise an individual, team or club.

That is the difference between a supporter and a fan, supporters financially support through their entrance fee, fan's just favour a team. I draw the line at those so called fan's who say the club should do this or do that but put diddly squat in to pay for their viewpoint and attitude, it is really a worthless opinion.

The proverbial ' Pub fan ' Harold , don't you just love em ? 

• Like 1

I expected Fev to be even stronger next year but its looking like that may not be the case. At a guess I bet they have run in to problems trying to sort contracts out not knowing if it were going to be SL or Championship. That said I still expect them to be the best side by some distance in the division. It may give some hope to the chasing pack this year.

Edit: I have forgotten about dual reg so even though their initial squad may look thinner its probably not going to work out that way. As you were.

Edited by The Blues Ox

10 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I expected Fev to be even stronger next year but its looking like that may not be the case. At a guess I bet they have run in to problems trying to sort contracts out not knowing if it were going to be SL or Championship. That said I still expect them to be the best side by some distance in the division. It may give some hope to the chasing pack this year.

Edit: I have forgotten about dual reg so even though their initial squad may look thinner its probably not going to work out that way. As you were.

Easy now.... steady thi sen. We're not there yet. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I don’t think we will be as strong next year, the players lost versus the players gained, I think it will be a 5 horse race this year rather then 2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Calm the self down BO you'll do your self a mischief  FEV have signed seventeen  players for this season with more to come next week out of the 17 twelve were already at the club and five newbies three of which played super league last season and one who played SL in 2020