Championship this season

Really happy with our signings so far and it does look like we are aiming for a top 2 spot. Ive seen many a false dawn at Fax though so wont be counting my chickens. It should be comfortably our best squad in this division since our Championship winning team back in 2010. Id still like a bit more size in the pack but we won't be the only ones thinking that.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Connor Robinson announced as leaving Fax to go to a non Championship team. My money would be on Donny.

Fax will have settled his outstanding contract payments then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, crashmon said:

Once again Proven championship players leaving Broncos, I wonder which L1 skolars player will replace him?

Or is it FT players leaving for other FT posts being replaced by PT recruits?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Really happy with our signings so far and it does look like we are aiming for a top 2 spot. Ive seen many a false dawn at Fax though so wont be counting my chickens. It should be comfortably our best squad in this division since our Championship winning team back in 2010. Id still like a bit more size in the pack but we won't be the only ones thinking that.

Can we bookmark this?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Fax will have settled his outstanding contract payments then?

You would imagine so otherwise they wouldn't have announced his departure. We aren't a club for not paying players.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Can we bookmark this?

Of course but Im not sure what you can take out of it. Having a strong looking squad doesn't automatically mean you are going to do well, we both know that BSJ hence why I won't be counting my chickens. Personally for me a disappointing season would be a finish outside the top 4 next year but I think we should be pushing for 2nd.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

With restructure scrapped I am hoping clubs are given plenty of notice of change to budget properly.  Unlikely clubs who spent big to avoid relegation under 2 10's can afford to do it next year. 

It should be all decided, organised and clearly communicated to the clubs as soon as possible, by the start of this coming season really. Succession planning would be useful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

Newcastle signed Mitch Clark, while workington have signed Evan Simons from Newcastle. 

Mitch will go very well in the Championship , played for us there at the end of the 19 season before moving to Wigan , strangely though doesn't seem motivated to play , even at Wigan , last spotted him in Hindley Green Aldi about a month ago