Championship this season

48 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Fev to be clear favourites ATM , don't see any of last year's teams bridging the gap , so essentially down to the comings and goings at the LSV if we are to see anything but a one horse race 

IMO

How do you think the Leigh squad will shape up? Remaining FT?

11 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Top six in order for me. 

Fev 

Bradford 

Fax 

Leigh 

Newcastle 

Barrow.

On this. Fev were streets ahead of any English team. Us because I think we've recruited well. Fax are always there and over looked constantly. Leigh I feel won't bounce straight back. Newcastle full time will help. Barrow a club with momentum.

• Like 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

It'll be the most competitive championship season in a while next year that's for sure! Even going full time I think Newcastle will be near bottom along with Haven Barrow Dewsbury Sheffield. Workington and possibly London to be relegated and I'll go for Bradford top 

Thunder apparently signed Pauli Pauli and Alex Foster for next season. That doesn't scream bottom of the championship to me...

• Like 4

The Championship looks pretty open to me, should be a great competition. Fev could be a bit weaker with departures. Leigh will be right up there, they have a parachute payment coming and the experience of playing in a fully pro competition in 2021.

What's unknown though is will there be promotion in 2022. That has not been confirmed yet as far as I know since the 2023 SL structure is still be decided upon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Whippet13 said:

What's unknown though is will there be promotion in 2022. That has not been confirmed yet as far as I know since the 2023 SL structure is still be decided upon

It should all be sorted out before a ball is kicked in '22, along with what the structure will be in '23 and also a declaration on the funding situation throughout the divisions anything short of that will prove once and for all that SL really does not think of anything else but itself.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Leigh and Fev T2, rest will fight for next 4 spots. 

Fev need to go FT if that’s your answer. But the same outcome will occur if they remain PT. You can’t go to MPG’s and think you can win it on a PT basis.

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I think Newcastle will be near bottom along with Haven Barrow Dewsbury Sheffield. Workington and possibly London to be relegated and I'll go for Bradford top 

Hedging your bets there eh? You've named 7 teams for possible basement dwellers from a 14-team league 😁 Presumably the other 50% will be fighting to be top?

And Bradford won't be top

Edited by paulwalker71

8 minutes ago, Tabby said:

Depends on what goals have been set. Moving to a full time environment requires adjustment. 

I was sort of replying to those on this thread who believe Newcastle simply going FT will make them one of the top Championship teams next season. 12 good Championship players is probably the absolute minimum to push top 4 and even then they will need to be lucky with injuries - at least 2 of the players linked to them haven't exactly got glowing recent injury records

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I was sort of replying to those on this thread who believe Newcastle simply going FT will make them one of the top Championship teams next season. 12 good Championship players is probably the absolute minimum to push top 4 and even then they will need to be lucky with injuries - at least 2 of the players linked to them haven't exactly got glowing recent injury records

Yes it backfired on Sheffield so it is a risk in the first season or two. Newcastle probably have more resources than the Eagles did perhaps.

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Yes it backfired on Sheffield so it is a risk in the first season or two. Newcastle probably have more resources than the Eagles did perhaps.

It didn’t back fire on Sheffield. They where promised something that backfired.

17 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yes, they need to realise simply going FT carries a burden with PT to FT. The club will always now have to look at FT prospects and place FT contracts in their hands. That comes at a cost which isn’t funded. Requires long term investment with with deep pockets.