Championship this season

26 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

James Ford signs new 3 year contract with York.

Thats a huge vote of confidence from both sides.  Seems they feel last year was merely a blip and with no more monied teams working through the pyramid that promotion spot will be up for grabs if they can generate income. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dkw said:

Newcastle signed Mitch Clark, while workington have signed Evan Simons from Newcastle. 

A perfectly reasonable signing of a solid journeyman, fair enough in today's tricky market for middles.

Alternatively, if you're Mick Gledhill on Twitter, "a huge statement of intent from the club in their quest to reach the Super League".

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Leigh, Newcastle, York, Featherstone and Halifax all look likely to be assembling squads capable of winning promotion. 

Feel York have a really good chance if they can keep O'Hagan, Brinning and Pauli fit all season;  Newcastle's pack looks very strong on paper; I like Leigh's focus on younger players but the jury is out until the new coach is appointed; Fev have the quality in the backs and Fax might have the best halves pairing in the comp.

It really should be a brilliant season.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Thunder fan said:

Very happy with our squad so far, 9 new players brought in, all quality signings, along with going fulltime, excited for next season, come on thunder!!

Lot of lads on edge of SL teams who decided they wanted to win something over being a backup. Cant imagine Newcastle being outside playoffs at this rate.  

And as Thunder add another SL quality signing, at the other end of the country, the Broncos quest to build a L1 squad to play in the Championship continues apace

Welcome Rob Tuliatu. Has experience with Skolars and WWR 🤨. You can hear the stampeding rush of feet for Season Tickets and  replica jerseys from Australia

https://londonbroncosrl.com/2021/11/08/tuliatu-is-latest-addition-as-aussie-forward-pens-deal/?fbclid=IwAR3AHRJgbSTozCOiPBhNgZZkbmjMjQsalMpGanyh4DjE7ON6i8jBIH8D_xY

Edited by crashmon
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Leigh, Newcastle, York, Featherstone and Halifax all look likely to be assembling squads capable of winning promotion. 

Feel York have a really good chance if they can keep O'Hagan, Brinning and Pauli fit all season;  Newcastle's pack looks very strong on paper; I like Leigh's focus on younger players but the jury is out until the new coach is appointed; Fev have the quality in the backs and Fax might have the best halves pairing in the comp.

It really should be a brilliant season.

Aston and Jouffret, really? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Probably means Keyes and Joufrett to be fair.

Whichever they mean, they're wrong.

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Probably means Keyes and Joufrett to be fair.

Yes.

I think O'Hagan will be the best half in the comp provided he can keep himself fit but that remains to be seen.

Nu Brown is a big loss for Fev and I'm not sold on Leigh or Thunder's lot. As I say, Fax *may* have the best halves pairing in the comp.  I'm not saying it's clear cut. 

• Like 1

It makes me laugh people going on about best this best that i the championship and I couldn't careless who has the alleged best halfback pairing in the competition but when it comes to halfbacks FEV have got chisolm homes and smith who are all out of the top drawer so that will do for me🥳

• Like 1

On 07/11/2021 at 18:16, ShropshireBull said:

Thats a huge vote of confidence from both sides.  Seems they feel last year was merely a blip and with no more monied teams working through the pyramid that promotion spot will be up for grabs if they can generate income. 

Probably at his limit. The favourites will need a coach capable of having a go in SL because the inexperienced nice guy has little chance as we have found out. His next move is to back himself as a SL number 2 if he has ambition

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

Broncos sign another player last seen playing for WWR. 

Broncos strategy of letting all their best players go and then signing L1 players is bizarre to say the least 

Remember we have 200K rent for PL, plus additional rent for Richmond as well, that does not leave much in the kitty for any players, unless they are pay as you play types.

So it must be  a cunning plan to get into SL2 by winning the L1 shield in 2023 🙂 although signing skolars and WWR players won't get Broncos in the L1 playoffs, let alone survival in Championship.If they want to win L1 2023 they going to need better players that those they signing now

Palumbo's last clubs are listed below.

image.png.34704218a1c30cc61ccebac31a8ec5ea.png

I think the question is not so much will London get relegated next year, but how many games will they win?

Edited by crashmon

7 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Remember we have 200K rent for PL, plus additional rent for Richmond as well, that does not leave much in the kitty for any players, unless they are pay as you play types.

So it must be  a cunning plan to get into SL2 by winning the L1 shield in 2023 🙂 although signing skolars and WWR players won't get Broncos in the L1 playoffs, let alone survival in Championship.If they want to win L1 2023 they going to need better players that those they signing now

I think the question is not so much will London get relegated next year, but how many games will they win?

London went from full time budget in a part time ground to part time budget in a full time ground. 

13 minutes ago, crashmon said:

God knows what is going on anyway I will be watching the Dragons and Toulouse whilst in Spain and popping up north when over here.

P