Championship this season

5 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Well, yes. But when they all play in the same team results would suggest that it won't end well...

They've only signed one player from WWR 2021 team? An Aussie import at that and it clearly says in the media post,he's a depth signing.

The other two,played a handful of games and jumped ship...in 2019.

Bayley Liu,played 2020 with WWR,finds himself at Sheffield now.

They've always had fairly good imports but they are an absolute shamble ,because the local welsh lads,are just not upto the standard of L1 and when you have a squad of a couple imports and 20 locals,it just doesn't work.Christ,a Lions international and a former Man of Steel couldn't help WWR ffs.

Does anyone on here do any research or just ###### int wind and moan like 😄 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Cowboy said:

They've only signed one player from WWR 2021 team? An Aussie import at that and it clearly says in the media post,he's a depth signing.

They've always had fairly good imports but they are an absolute shamble ,because the local welsh lads,are just not upto the standard of L1 and when you have a squad of a couple imports and 20 locals,it just doesn't work.Christ,a Lions international and a former Man of Steel couldn't help WWR ffs.

So are you seriously saying that the London squad of this year is stronger than last year.  Reminding you that the london squad of last year was the worst London squad ever, and the main youth prospects from that squad have all gone, plus the proven championship players. 

And out of the London 2021 squad, probably no more then 2 or 3 of them would have been in the London squad of 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 etc

Its the worst London squad ever to be assembled.  

Are you saying the squad we have are better than the other PT time squads in the Champ ie Fev, Fax, Bradford, York, Batley.  Please note from 2014 to 2018 we was beating these teams or at worst level with these teams, now they put 60 points plus on us

And you wonder why London fans (those not chased away by the club) are negative and very pessimistic for next year

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Prediction for 2022 Season on signings and retentions so far.

1 Fax

2 Fev

3 Thunder

4 Liegh

5 Bradford

6 Batley

7 York

8 Barrow

9 Widnes

10 Dewsbury

11 Witehaven

12 Sheffield

13 London

14 Workington

Pretty pointless Johnny , as I doubt we’ll be starting the season with a handful of players 

13 minutes ago, crashmon said:

So are you seriously saying that the London squad of this year is stronger than last year.  Reminding you that the london squad of last year was the worst London squad ever, and the main youth prospects from that squad have all gone, plus the proven championship players. 

And out of the London 2021 squad, probably no more then 2 or 3 of them would have been in the London squad of 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 etc

Its the worst London squad ever to be assembled.  

Are you saying the squad we have are better than the other PT time squads in the Champ ie Fev, Fax, Bradford, York, Batley.  Please note from 2014 to 2018 we was beating these teams or at worst level with these teams, now they put 60 points plus on us

And you wonder why London fans (those not chased away by the club) are negative and very pessimistic for next year

Where on earth did I say any off that peanut 😄 

All I said was,the jibberish been said is not accurate in the slightest. Now where am I wrong with ANY thing I've said pal? 

They were dog #### last year and they'll be the same this season coming,but you caring on like they've lost world beaters is bonkers,because they haven't.

I don't think they have a team to challenge at all,I said that earlier.

I don't think they'll be massively different to last season,slightly worse probably. 

Again,time will tell.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Ok mate.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Pretty pointless Johnny , as I doubt we’ll be starting the season with a handful of players 

Did I say it was a final assessment? It says based on what business has been done to date and information of the retentions from last year. Most squads are at around 90% completion and yes it could be that the bottom half will be different from my OPINION* but not a hundred miles away. Possibly the Broncos to finish a few places higher. Loanees will be a key factor. 

Edited by Johnny Ringo

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Where on earth did I say any off that peanut 😄 

All I said was,the jibberish been said is not accurate in the slightest. Now where am I wrong with ANY thing I've said pal? 

They were dog #### last year and they'll be the same this season coming,but you caring on like they've lost world beaters is bonkers,because they haven't.

I don't think they have a team to challenge at all,I said that earlier.

I don't think they'll be massively different to last season,slightly worse probably. 

Again,time will tell.

Who we have lost vs last year is irrelevant as last year we where abysmal.

The LB Leadership have moved us to a shiny new stadium for the reason that they have ambitions to play in the Super League. Thats the stated ambition of the London Broncos owner and Leadership.

The 2019 LB team was not good enough to survive in SL (yes we came very close, and yes we won 10 games, but at the end we still did not make the grade)

So if we are meant to have super league ambitions, then the recruitment is absymal and not one player we have signed this year would even get into our 2019 squad let alone starting 13.

If we are not planning to recruit to get into SL, then why are we moving to a SL stadium and paying 200k a year for 200 fans to watch Bately put 60 past us.

And you wonder why London fans are unamused by the players we are hiring. Compared to say Fev or Fax or Thunder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

Who we have lost vs last year is irrelevant as last year we where abysmal.

The LB Leadership have moved us to a shiny new stadium for the reason that they have ambitions to play in the Super League. Thats the stated ambition of the London Broncos owner and Leadership.

The 2019 LB team was not good enough to survive in SL (yes we came very close, and yes we won 10 games, but at the end we still did not make the grade)

So if we are meant to have super league ambitions, then the recruitment is absymal and not one player we have signed this year would even get into our 2019 squad let alone starting 13.

If we are not planning to recruit to get into SL, then why are we moving to a SL stadium and paying 200k a year for 200 fans to watch Bately put 60 past us.

And you wonder why London fans are unamused by the players we are hiring. Compared to say Fev or Fax or Thunder

I do have to agree with you on that pal,to move to a class stadium finally and put together what we are,doesn't make sense nor will push for promotion.

All I can think is,Coleman has obviously worked with individuals at different points over different years and is assembling who he believes has the ability to form a good team again,together.

Either that or he is absolutely bonkers with this approach. I'm willing to be optimistic and as I said,the first month of the season will be very telling I think.

28 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Surprised Fev didn’t sign him would have preferred him to Pickersgill personally.

Yeah I really rate him but can't help think its just a stop gap until another club comes in for him. We have basically just put an advert out for him. We are well covered at FB though so I guess he is going to have to show what he can do if we are to maake him a permanant offer.

15 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fax agree a trial for Alex Walker. I guess we must have run out of cash not to sign him. 🤣

15 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Surprised Fev didn’t sign him would have preferred him to Pickersgill personally.

I think timing is everything, by all accounts Pickersgill signed for Fev months ago, long before Wakefield released Walker.

Full back is one of the few places that seems to be a buyers' market at top-end Championship level, most of the better Championship teams seem to have at least one already signed up and there's a fair bit of quality around with Woodburn-Hall/Walmsley at Fax, Craig Hall/Pickersgill at Fev, Hooley at Batley, Elliot Hall at Bradford, Marsh at York, Mullen at Newcastle, Owens at Widnes, the lad from NRL at Leigh...most of the teams that are widely forecast to be challenging for the play-offs are set at the position.

Then Hampshire has just come on the market too, he can play half back too but most of the top teams are set there too now. Probably Bradford the team with the bggest need for an extra pivot.

Very unfortunate for Walker who isn't really a SL player but is a very solid top-end Championship full back, but am sure he will find a home somewhere.

• Like 3

Opening round of fixtures Jan 29/30/31

Leigh vs Whitehaven (Sat Jan 29)

Barrow vs Sheffield Eagles

Batley vs Halifax

Dewsbury vs Bradford

London vs Widnes

Workington vs Newcastle

York vs Featherstone (Mon Jan 31)

43 minutes ago, JonM said:

Opening round of fixtures Jan 29/30/31

Leigh vs Whitehaven (Sat Jan 29)

Barrow vs Sheffield Eagles

Batley vs Halifax

Dewsbury vs Bradford

London vs Widnes

Workington vs Newcastle

York vs Featherstone (Mon Jan 31)

Bloody Batley, its like every year they ruin my mood for the new season. 🤣

Bad luck on Newcastle like , off-season announcing top full time  signings and all feel good factor only too be smashed down to earth … hopefully in a snowstorm or hurricane 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Team your club are putting together should be easy - apparently lol.

Not sure who has said it will be easy apperently, as Fax fans we know our team can make the easiest thing look difficult. It really don't matter what team we put out at Batley, its always a real struggle.