Championship this season

26 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Not sure who has said it will be easy apperently, as Fax fans we know our team can make the easiest thing look difficult. It really don't matter what team we put out at Batley, its always a real struggle.

A few raving on here about Fax's recruitment. Should be any interesting season this time with most teams recruiting well.

On 11/11/2021 at 14:53, Leonard said:

Johnny will be paying then.

If Premier include "how to use a radio" within the package - which they should do if they are any self respecting provider.

Yes, it's a laugh isn't it? Have you considered that there may be supporters of Championship clubs who don't have Sky and prefer to watch games on the TV rather than on a tablet? There are other providers besides Sky, so Premier are actually limiting their potential audiences by this restriction.

Let your responses be as ageist as you wish but older supporters still make up a considerable proportion of Championship crowds. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

19 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes, it's a laugh isn't it? Have you considered that there may be supporters of Championship clubs who don't have Sky and prefer to watch games on the TV rather than on a tablet? There are other providers besides Sky, so Premier are actually limiting their potential audiences by this restriction.

Let your responses be as ageist as you wish but older supporters still make up a considerable proportion of Championship crowds. 

Well said.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fevrover said:

A few raving on here about Fax's recruitment. Should be any interesting season this time with most teams recruiting well.

Ah yeah I suppose. I wouldn't want Batley fans thinking that it were Fax fans saying it would be easy, they normally have a big enough chip on their shoulders about us anyway. 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I take a lot of tablets these days.   Yet to watch a match on one.

I presume by "radio" you mean "wireless".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

2 hours ago, Griff said:

I take a lot of tablets these days.   Yet to watch a match on one.

I presume by "radio" you mean "wireless".

I never referred to "radio" - try Leonard.

My point is that if you use another provider, Virgin for example, you do not have access to the specific channel that Premier intend to use. They are simply restricting their (and our) potential audience. I don't think this helps in the promotion of the Championship, but may be on my own here.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

My point is that if you use another provider, Virgin for example, you do not have access to the specific channel that Premier intend to use. They are simply restricting their (and our) potential audience. I don't think this helps in the promotion of the Championship, but may be on my own here.

Premier Sports is on Sky and Virgin. Premier Player is available through any web browser or mobile device, which can be streamed to any TV - both live and On Demand - that has an internet connection, or through a Fire stick, Chromecast, or Apple TV.

It's really not difficult.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Premier Sports is on Sky and Virgin. Premier Player is available through any web browser or mobile device, which can be streamed to any TV - both live and On Demand - that has an internet connection, or through a Fire stick, Chromecast, or Apple TV.

😂

Not for you young uns , us owd timers aren't as savvie with all this new fangled stuff , my phone doesn't have a camera 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Not difficult at all, especially if you read the press release: Rugby League (rugby-league.com)

Just in case you missed the point, highlighted in bold on this release, it says:

With over 40 matches guaranteed live and exclusive on Premier Sports in 2022, from the Betfred Championship, the Challenge Cup and including the Play-Offs and the Summer Bash, that means a cost of less than £2 per game – with so much more live sport from Britain and around the world also thrown in. 

This offer is only available on Sky and the Premier Player.  

All Betfred Championship and League 1 Clubs will be contacting their Season Ticket Holders for the 2022 Season with this special offer in the coming days and weeks, with full details of how to apply.

5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not difficult at all, especially if you read the press release: Rugby League (rugby-league.com)

Just in case you missed the point, highlighted in bold on this release, it says:

With over 40 matches guaranteed live and exclusive on Premier Sports in 2022, from the Betfred Championship, the Challenge Cup and including the Play-Offs and the Summer Bash, that means a cost of less than £2 per game – with so much more live sport from Britain and around the world also thrown in. 

This offer is only available on Sky and the Premier Player.  

All Betfred Championship and League 1 Clubs will be contacting their Season Ticket Holders for the 2022 Season with this special offer in the coming days and weeks, with full details of how to apply.

Right. The offer is only available to anyone with an internet connection. What's the issue?

48 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I agree with you the more sources Premier can sub contract Championship games out to the better.More people able to have access to matches and extra revenue for Premier Sports ,some of which i would hope may be passed on to clubs.

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Don't be ageist now. 

The premier app is very good and excellent for watching full reruns. 

I have no idea why anyone would subscribe any other way. 

Having subscribed to Premier several times for things like NHL it is a no brainer. 

Edited by Leonard

18 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Albeit I have given this a like, on reflection I would say comfortably there are more under 35's at Leigh Home fixtures.

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

😂

Not for you young uns , us owd timers aren't as savvie with all this new fangled stuff , my phone doesn't have a camera 

Is your phone one of those new fangled ones with the loudspeaker and mouthpiece on the end of the same stick? Or is it like mine where the earpiece hangs on the stick and has to be removed to listen to the telephone operator at the exchange?

• Haha 4

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Right. The offer is only available to anyone with an internet connection. What's the issue?

I really thought better of you, Gav. Now you are making me wonder.

The celebrations around the new deal with Premier focus largely upon extending the exposure for Championship clubs, allowing greater opportunities for sponsors and, hopefully, an actual income stream from the broadcasts sometime in the future. This is something that is desperately needed by all of these clubs. Put crudely these expectations depend upon an initial surge of subscribers followed by continual growth, all based upon selling more of the "product" that Premier provides.

When trying to launch and sell a "product" every hurdle, whether great, small or simply perceived, that is placed in the way of the potential consumer will cause a reduction in sales. This is an incontestable fact. A reduced number of sales, in particular at the initial launch, damages the "brand" and makes successful promotion of that product in the future much more difficult.

What I care about most is the benefits that should accrue to the clubs, as distinct from my personal access to the matches. These benefits will be directly related to subscriber numbers and, simplistically, this artificial limitation will reduce that potential benefit to the clubs. I don't know why such a limitation is being set, maybe there are technical issues.

If you think that this possible reduction in the potential benefits to clubs is immaterial then we do have a very different viewpoint from each other.

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

The celebrations around the new deal with Premier focus largely upon extending the exposure for Championship clubs, allowing greater opportunities for sponsors and, hopefully, an actual income stream from the broadcasts sometime in the future. This is something that is desperately needed by all of these clubs. Put crudely these expectations depend upon an initial surge of subscribers followed by continual growth, all based upon selling more of the "product" that Premier provides.

When trying to launch and sell a "product" every hurdle, whether great, small or simply perceived, that is placed in the way of the potential consumer will cause a reduction in sales. This is an incontestable fact. A reduced number of sales, in particular at the initial launch, damages the "brand" and makes successful promotion of that product in the future much more difficult.

What I care about most is the benefits that should accrue to the clubs, as distinct from my personal access to the matches. These benefits will be directly related to subscriber numbers and, simplistically, this artificial limitation will reduce that potential benefit to the clubs. I don't know why such a limitation is being set, maybe there are technical issues.

If you think that this possible reduction in the potential benefits to clubs is immaterial then we do have a very different viewpoint from each other.

There is no money for the Championship clubs out of this deal unless they can get fans to subscribe to Premier Sports. Thus is a negotiating skills of those involved.

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

But there are no hurdles? Premier Player is literally no different to watching sport on BT Sport, DAZN or Amazon Prime, its no more difficult than using BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5, Netflix or Disney+... this is how watching TV will be the norm within 5 years. I got a Sky Glass TV installed two weeks ago, so in fact it's the norm for me right now!

Fans of the older generation can still watch Premier Sports the 'old fashioned' way via Sky or Virgin. 

If people are interested in getting the channel, it certainly isn't hard for them to find it.

• Like 1

But there are no hurdles? Premier Player is literally no different to watching sport on BT Sport, DAZN or Amazon Prime, its no more difficult than using BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5, Netflix or Disney+... this is how watching TV will be the norm within 5 years. I got a Sky Glass TV installed two weeks ago, so in fact it's the norm for me right now!

Fans of the older generation can still watch Premier Sports the 'old fashioned' way via Sky or Virgin. 

If people are interested in getting the channel, it certainly isn't hard for them to find it.

Read the release Gav - it isn't available on Virgin. The Sky packages include Premier Player, others don't.

Edited by Blind side johnny

6 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I guess you won't be watching then.

That's the way it goes sometimes.   

And multiply that be a couple of thousand then consider the lost potential. It isn't about whether I will watch it (I am perfectly capable of handling the technology, thanks) but about those who will choose not to and the subsequent impact upon the clubs. We desperately need more money into the Championship and this will not be what is hoped for.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Read the release Gav - it isn't available on Virgin. The Sky packages include Premier Player, others don't.

Premier Sports is available on Virgin. It is on channels 551 and 552.

The season ticket offer isn't available on Virgin, but it is available for Premier Player (where I and the majority of viewers now access the channel) - I hope that clears things up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

And multiply that be a couple of thousand then consider the lost potential. It isn't about whether I will watch it (I am perfectly capable of handling the technology, thanks) but about those who will choose not to and the subsequent impact upon the clubs. We desperately need more money into the Championship and this will not be what is hoped for.

Absolutely nobody is being impacted. Anyone with an internet connection can take advantage of the offer. 

• Like 1