Championship this season

3 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Absolutely nobody is being impacted. Anyone with an internet connection can take advantage of the offer. 

I really hope you don't work in marketing Gav.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

But there are no hurdles? Premier Player is literally no different to watching sport on BT Sport, DAZN or Amazon Prime, its no more difficult than using BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5, Netflix or Disney+... this is how watching TV will be the norm within 5 years. I got a Sky Glass TV installed two weeks ago, so in fact it's the norm for me right now!

Fans of the older generation can still watch Premier Sports the 'old fashioned' way via Sky or Virgin. 

If people are interested in getting the channel, it certainly isn't hard for them to find it.

Sky Glass TV ? What's that about ?

1 minute ago, Tabby said:

What does that have to do with premier sports?

Freesports and Premier Sports are co-owned and share content.

Often sports will be ‘teased’ by being shown live on Freesports before eventually going behind the Premier Sports paywall over subsequent weeks.

Freesports also repeats some of Premier Sports acquired content even the more premium aspects like La Liga in Spain.

I don’t know what their intentions are with the RFL Championship, but it’s possible that some content could be shown on a repeat on Freesports if they follow their usual model.  

17 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Freesports and Premier Sports are co-owned and share content.

Often sports will be ‘teased’ by being shown live on Freesports before eventually going behind the Premier Sports paywall over subsequent weeks.

Freesports also repeats some of Premier Sports acquired content even the more premium aspects like La Liga in Spain.

I don’t know what their intentions are with the RFL Championship, but it’s possible that some content could be shown on a repeat on Freesports if they follow their usual model.  

Fair comment.. But surely having history with Premier Sports the RFL would know their model? Or have they just said yes to 12 games and Summer Bash in another venue yet to be announced?

1 minute ago, Tabby said:

Fair comment.. But surely having history with Premier Sports the RFL would know their model? Or have they just said yes to 12 games and Summer Bash in another venue yet to be announced?

I think it’s up to Premier Sports to decide how best to commercially exploit have live Championship rugby league now contracts have been signed.

I’m talking more from the perspective of a punter really when I asked whether it will be on Freesports at all.

I think much will depend upon viewing figures/subscriber numbers etc.  They might speculate to accumulate and show a little bit of content free at the start to help promote the games they want on their subscription channels.

18 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Premier Sports is available on Virgin. It is on channels 551 and 552.

The season ticket offer isn't available on Virgin, but it is available for Premier Player (where I and the majority of viewers now access the channel) - I hope that clears things up!

Could you provide any evidence for this claim in bold Gav?

18 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Read online that the actual take up in Wales for the pro 16 or whatever its called was less than 10000 subscribers

Premier Sports' top rated show for the last week of October was 10k for the United Rugby Union Championship. The 15th ranked show had 600 viewers.

The week earlier it looks like they got 30k for an RU international (USA v All Blacks I believe).

From memory, the Championship always rated quite well on Premier when it was on previously so it'll be interesting to watch and see if it can challenge the numbers for the United RU - which generally gets between 5 and 10k.

38 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Premier Sports' top rated show for the last week of October was 10k for the United Rugby Union Championship. The 15th ranked show had 600 viewers.

The week earlier it looks like they got 30k for an RU international (USA v All Blacks I believe).

From memory, the Championship always rated quite well on Premier when it was on previously so it'll be interesting to watch and see if it can challenge the numbers for the United RU - which generally gets between 5 and 10k.

If they can beat that figure it would be excellent for the competition.

• Like 1