Championship this season

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

It should all be sorted out before a ball is kicked in '22, along with what the structure will be in '23 and also a declaration on the funding situation throughout the divisions anything short of that will prove once and for all that SL really does not think of anything else but itself.

I could not agree more with you on that one.

I think the time to find out about what is going on and what is planned is right now.

The funding situation needs to be revealed and what clubs,the ones that survive the brutal cut in funding need to know what they are playing for next year so they can plan ahead.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Eh?

Sheffield were made a promise of investment,if they went FT. The backer pulled out. I praise Newcastle for taking a major step forward. If they can do it showing ambition like that, what’s stoping the others?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

I could not agree more with you on that one.

I think the time to find out about what is going on and what is planned is right now.

The funding situation needs to be revealed and what clubs,the ones that survive the brutal cut in funding need to know what they are playing for next year so they can plan ahead.

Not really sure what you mean by planning ahead. All will carry budgets to follow., regardless of structure.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

It should all be sorted out before a ball is kicked in '22, along with what the structure will be in '23 and also a declaration on the funding situation throughout the divisions anything short of that will prove once and for all that SL really does not think of anything else but itself.

Oh I'm sure it will be sorted before kick off, problem is it probably won't be until some time in December so how can clubs prepare properly for 2022. SL puts itself 1st, 2nd and 3rd, no doubt in my mind about that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

Oh I'm sure it will be sorted before kick off, problem is it probably won't be until some time in December so how can clubs prepare properly for 2022. SL puts itself 1st, 2nd and 3rd, no doubt in my mind about that.

The problem is most members on here wont have a clue what you mean, or that its reasonable not to know whats on the table for 2022 success

I try to be balanced - except when it comes to Sky's commentry and production - so for what it's worth, next years Championship will be better,stronger and more competitive than next years ru Championship.

Ealing are likely to be promoted to their Premiership to make up 14 clubs (no relegation) and as yet the precise number,make up and financial terms for their Championship are still unknown. Many RU Championship clubs now rely on dual registered players,whilst only one or two will be full time. I believe the RFU are also further reducing financial payments,which in view of the size of squads and travelling,makesa number of clubs unviable - other than via a generous benefactor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

What about Batley?  

Barring the 2 favourites for promotion, TO & Fev, Batley where a great success story in 2021.  Bradford and York (sadly) weren’t a success at all.

Always one team who overachieves.  I would say last year we had two but hard to see a repeat. 

15 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

On this. Fev were streets ahead of any English team. Us because I think we've recruited well. Fax are always there and over looked constantly. Leigh I feel won't bounce straight back. Newcastle full time will help. Barrow a club with momentum.

Its funny but a lot of people always seem to put Fax outside the talk of the top 5/6 but coming in to this season I had said to people I would be disappointed if we didn't get third after the way we had recruited even though a lot of people had us down for 6th or lower. Next season is probably the most excited I have been for a new season this far away from it, we have recruited even better this season while keeping the nucleus of the current squad. The obvious target has to be to compete with Fev at the top of the table as they are the bench mark.

As Mumby mentions Bradford also look to be recruiting well as well and will be up there again and I would think Batley will look to improve as well. Theres a lot of unknowns though with London expected to be closer to the bottom of the table and Newcastle a total unknown. Can Haven do as well the coming season after losing some key players. York look like they are recruiting for a season of stability and the same could be said about Widnes. Leigh look like been the biggest unknown as with everything nowadays with whispers you pretty much know each teams recruiting before its announced but with Leigh by all accounts they are struggling to bring players in for numerous reasons and the question now must be if they decide to stay full time or not because this season the relegated team can't simply pick up spare players from the promoted team and Newcastle will be out bidding them to any decent full time players.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Batley and Bradford? 

No Batley and Whitehaven. Bulls best season in years and off the pitch we are crippled but around 5th 6th should be target for Bulls. 

If we were going from now.  Leigh, Fev, Fax, Newcastle in playoffs then chuck a blanket over York Widnes and Bulls. 

27 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its funny but a lot of people always seem to put Fax outside the talk of the top 5/6 but coming in to this season I had said to people I would be disappointed if we didn't get third after the way we had recruited even though a lot of people had us down for 6th or lower. Next season is probably the most excited I have been for a new season this far away from it, we have recruited even better this season while keeping the nucleus of the current squad. The obvious target has to be to compete with Fev at the top of the table as they are the bench mark.

As Mumby mentions Bradford also look to be recruiting well as well and will be up there again and I would think Batley will look to improve as well. Theres a lot of unknowns though with London expected to be closer to the bottom of the table and Newcastle a total unknown. Can Haven do as well the coming season after losing some key players. York look like they are recruiting for a season of stability and the same could be said about Widnes. Leigh look like been the biggest unknown as with everything nowadays with whispers you pretty much know each teams recruiting before its announced but with Leigh by all accounts they are struggling to bring players in for numerous reasons and the question now must be if they decide to stay full time or not because this season the relegated team can't simply pick up spare players from the promoted team and Newcastle will be out bidding them to any decent full time players.

Our squad is very strong Blue Ox, its just about when it will be released to the fans - we will be outbidding a lot of SL teams for the lesser 'stars' ie SL regulars but not the top 6/7 earners and our spend will be a lot higher than a few SL clubs - which makes that possible. I understand we have been told promotion will happen next season, so 3 down if 2 x 10's.

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Our squad is very strong Blue Ox, its just about when it will be released to the fans - we will be outbidding a lot of SL teams for the lesser 'stars' ie SL regulars but not the top 6/7 earners and our spend will be a lot higher than a few SL clubs - which makes that possible. I understand we have been told promotion will happen next season, so 3 down if 2 x 10's.

Leigh doing a great job of keeping the signings away from people then. All the talk seems to be about Leigh missing out on signings and players leaving. Wardle will be a decent signing though and should do a job at this level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Spot on Blues , can Dereck pull a rabbit out of the hat ? , Or not ? 🤔

On 11/10/2021 at 14:37, Lowdesert said:

What about Batley?  

Barring the 2 favourites for promotion, TO & Fev, Batley where a great success story in 2021.  Bradford and York (sadly) weren’t a success at all.

I think Bulls had a overall successful year in 2021, we got promoted in 2018. Finished outside the playoffs in 2019. Finished in the playoffs in 2021. Progression each year, if progression each year ain't a success for a club then you must have high expectations.

11 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

I think Bulls had a overall successful year in 2021, we got promoted in 2018. Finished outside the playoffs in 2019. Finished in the playoffs in 2021. Progression each year, if progression each year ain't a success for a club then you must have high expectations.

Yeah, I agree, a little harsh but based on them being in the mix for the SL place (which Leigh got), I would’ve expected them to be with TO and Fev at the end.  They were miles away.  

Batley though were completely omitted from OPs speculator, even after finishing 4th.

But on the Bulls, I’ve often seen comments on here about them being 5 drives and a kick without much variation.

I think I’ve watched them 3 times this year, albeit twice on TV, and they’ve done just that, so when Kear said they should’ve played more up the middle v Batley, it just shows that, that’s the Plan A.  Going to need to be a bit more flexibility than that imo mate.

8 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Yeah, I agree, a little harsh but based on them being in the mix for the SL place (which Leigh got), I would’ve expected them to be with TO and Fev at the end.  They were miles away.  

Batley though were completely omitted from OPs speculator, even after finishing 4th.

But on the Bulls, I’ve often seen comments on here about them being 5 drives and a kick without much variation.

I think I’ve watched them 3 times this year, albeit twice on TV, and they’ve done just that, so when Kear said they should’ve played more up the middle v Batley, it just shows that, that’s the Plan A.  Going to need to be a bit more flexibility than that imo mate.

Happy to bet Batley and or Haven arent going to be making playoffs.  They will regress to the mean after punching up.

Newcastle look like they are going to be very strong and first option for ambitious full time players who want lots of game time and not scrabbling around at the bottom of SL. 

• Like 1