Championship this season

15 minutes ago, POR said:

Featherstone Rovers have secured the signing of two-time Dally M Centre of the year, Joey Leilua.

Wow! I had to read that twice to check you were talking of the player I was thinking of. Not seen much NRL over the last 2 years but prior to that he was capable of brilliant centre play (granted the odd brain fart too.) 

I commented a few days ago that nobody should be expecting Toulouse to have made ‘big’ signings as there is nobody out there! Assuming he hasn’t been over friendly with a dog or been snorting something then….
I stand corrected. Great signing by Fev. 

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

Long time since I've been sat in a state of shock at a signing rovers have made. I'm quite literally blown away.

There's an argument that it's the biggest signing the club has ever made in terms of profile, particularly when considering Fev are in the Championship. Thinking back at other big signings, Gavin Hill? Currier? Even players like Tuuta weren't huge deals at the time. Crazy, crazy signing.

• Like 2

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Just now, LeytherRob said:

Are Fev switching to full time now then? Cracking signing for them and for the championship in general.

Apparently not, which makes it even more insane.

3736-mipm.gif

13 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

In reality, we've been hybrid for a while.  At least half the squad only play rugby.

Yeah, I don't think Leilua will be getting a job at Linpac to subsidise his wage but it's not a true full time environment. Those 'full time' players are mainly doing community work in the day.

• Like 2

3736-mipm.gif

25 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Apparently not, which makes it even more insane.

What makes it insane is if as suggested in 2023 there will be two sets of 10 why bother trying to win promotion this coming season.Surely with their recent record Fev will be one of the 8 teams invited to join .

2 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

What makes it insane is if as suggested in 2023 there will be two sets of 10 why bother trying to win promotion this coming season.Surely with their recent record Fev will be one of the 8 teams invited to join .

It's only been suggested and who's to say champ winner wont be in the top 10, something I also saw as an option. This is RL anything can happen. Plus it creates a buzz around the club whatever the structure.

• Like 2

3736-mipm.gif

15 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Yeah, I don't think Leilua will be getting a job at Linpac to subsidise his wage

I did actually LOL at that comment. Maybe he'll be helping Jesse S-L out a bit at the Nevisons Leap, not sure there'd be too much trouble there if you had his fellow Samoans Leilua and Junior Moors on the doors.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I did actually LOL at that comment. Maybe he'll be helping Jesse S-L out a bit at the Nevisons Leap, not sure there'd be too much trouble there if you had his fellow Samoans Leilua and Junior Moors on the doors.

i don't know, there's some individuals of questionable intelligence who frequent the Nevi.

3736-mipm.gif

13 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

As the old saying goes when talking about NRL stars...... " can he do it on a cold winters night in Featherstone"

🤔🤔🤔

Probably not given it's a summer season.

3736-mipm.gif

51 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Surprised Fax didn't get him team they are putting  together.

Rumor has it that he had heard about the gigs we have been having at the Piece Hall and decided that Halifax were too upper class for him and that he wouldn't fit in. 😄

Edited by The Blues Ox
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Rumor has it that he had heard about the gigs we have been having at the Piece Hall and decided that Halifax were too upper class for him and that he wouldn't fit in. 😄

We'll send him over when we've made him better then upper class lol. Posh class !

• Like 1

On 20/11/2021 at 11:49, RBKnight said:

Here's one good reason why the Championship will be so tough next year - Newcastle, York, Widnes and Dewsbury have good claims to have better, and more balanced squads for next year. ALL of them finished in the bottom half last year.....

That puts pressure on IMO last year's over-achievers (Haven, Bulls, Batley), but also on Sheffield and London, with their big player churns.

Dewsbury have for me signed players from Doncaster (who couldn’t win promotion) I’ve said to certain mates of mine you sign from them you could end up like them if they don’t click and pressure is on greenwood 

Batley didn’t over achieve last year I said all year we’d be up there… I expect us to be around there again with our squad… lingard has been backed again and is always willing to learn like Grix at fax, who’s done brilliant business in the market but can Keyes carry his halves who can buckle under the pressure of playing the higher standard… 

We shall see 2022 is a season not to be missed