Jump to content

Championship this season


Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/what-the-championship-table-will-look-like-at-the-end-of-2022-46158/

 

Shameless clickbait site but still Championship so may as well start early.

As a fan of a Super League team, I have to say that the Championship looks exciting next season. I don’t think it’s as clear cut as those predictions make it look but not sure I could guess any better. I do think London could really struggle and I’d love to see the Cumbrian teams prove those predictions wrong! 

Really looking forward to watching some championship games next year.

Edited by Waynebennettswinger
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Can't see Fax coming that far down the  table.

Me neither to be honest. Im not sure the logic of the thinking behind it given we finished 3rd with what ended up as a makeshift squad and in my opinion at least have signed better than 3 of the teams predicted to finish above us. Of course it may well turn out like that but 6th would be a really poor season for us after last year and the talent we have brought in for this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It'll be interesting to see how Corey Hall & Corey Johnson go for York seeing as though we've not signed either of them.

  • Haha 9

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Me neither to be honest. Im not sure the logic of the thinking behind it given we finished 3rd with what ended up as a makeshift squad and in my opinion at least have signed better than 3 of the teams predicted to finish above us. Of course it may well turn out like that but 6th would be a really poor season for us after last year and the talent we have brought in for this year.

7th after last year we had covid and still played James brown wasn’t 100% every week, just need to make the mount a tougher place to come and we’ll be fine 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

7th after last year we had covid and still played James brown wasn’t 100% every week, just need to make the mount a tougher place to come and we’ll be fine 

It wouldnt be any fun if the usual suspects wwere not wrote off every year in favor of media darlings like Bradford and london, although this season its going to have to be York and Newcastle that take their place. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Championship is going to be tough this season. For what it's worth I think Featherstone will finish top and also think Halifax will be higher than that prediction.

As for us media darlings at Thunder, it's another step into the unknown going full time. Given the turnover of players it might take time to settle but would like to see us push for the playoffs and who knows what could happen from there. We're under no illusions how tough this league is.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DavidM said:

As SHEFFIELD have reversed the fixture due to delays with their stadium we now have 5 home games in a row , 6 out of the first 7 … all by the start of April ! I love  summer rugby 

To be honest I think your team should have refused. Sheffield never do anything to help any other team out when it comes to moving fixtures.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Phil W said:

The Championship is going to be tough this season. For what it's worth I think Featherstone will finish top and also think Halifax will be higher than that prediction.

As for us media darlings at Thunder, it's another step into the unknown going full time. Given the turnover of players it might take time to settle but would like to see us push for the playoffs and who knows what could happen from there. We're under no illusions how tough this league is.

I probably should have mentioned Ive nothing against Newcastle, that was more a dig at the media. FWIW I think what Thunder are doing is really good, I really liked the set up when we went up there this past season. Its always a risk the transition to full time but so far the signings have been pretty good. I'd imagine they would be disappointed if they were to miss out on the playoffs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, DavidM said:

As SHEFFIELD have reversed the fixture due to delays with their stadium we now have 5 home games in a row , 6 out of the first 7 … all by the start of April ! I love  summer rugby 

On the other hand, if Workington can take advantage of that- and possibly some inclement weather - they could get off to a flyer and put enough points on the board to stay clear of the relegation places

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

It wouldnt be any fun if the usual suspects wwere not wrote off every year in favor of media darlings like Bradford and london, although this season its going to have to be York and Newcastle that take their place. 😂

There's no chance of Halifax finishing lower than the Bulls and I can't see them below York and Newcastle either

I would think Halifax would consider anything lower than third as a bad season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/12/2021 at 12:40, The Blues Ox said:

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/what-the-championship-table-will-look-like-at-the-end-of-2022-46158/

 

Shameless clickbait site but still Championship so may as well start early.

Very bold prediction to have Barrow and Workington tying for 13th place.😂

  • Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Against popular opinion,I think like last year it will be a two team monopoly.Fev and Leigh will have very strong squads and probably much better DR deals than anyone else.This could be a big advantage.

The battle between 6 or 7 clubs for the other play off places coul be very interesting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Newcastle aren´t in playoffs that will be a failure. Bulls I could see being the one to miss out tbh, no Brough who was worth half a dozen points last year. I don´t see Haven getting in though and think Widnes would be disappointed not to be in a genuine playoff fight. 

Not long now... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

You'd think if Barrow can keep their strongest 17 fairly fit they should be looking towards play offs rather than relegation. 

There's a lot of super league/top end championship experience in Jarrud Sammut, Josh Wood, Adam Walne, Jordan Walne, Gary Wheeler, Ryan Shaw, Hakim Miloudi, Sam Brooks, Danny Langtree. Mix that with decent local players it looks a strong squad. 

Think injuries will depend on where they finish. The squad stays fully fit I'd give them a chance of play offs, if the squad gets decimated with injuries they could be in the relegation mix. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RSN said:

You'd think if Barrow can keep their strongest 17 fairly fit they should be looking towards play offs rather than relegation. 

There's a lot of super league/top end championship experience in Jarrud Sammut, Josh Wood, Adam Walne, Jordan Walne, Gary Wheeler, Ryan Shaw, Hakim Miloudi, Sam Brooks, Danny Langtree. Mix that with decent local players it looks a strong squad. 

Think injuries will depend on where they finish. The squad stays fully fit I'd give them a chance of play offs, if the squad gets decimated with injuries they could be in the relegation mix. 

Barrow will be fine i feel.

 

Tough team, especially at home.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...