Championship this season

17 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

There's no chance of Halifax finishing lower than the Bulls and I can't see them below York and Newcastle either

I would think Halifax would consider anything lower than third as a bad season

Id agree with that but I woud also go as far as saying if we are no closer to a possible top 2 than we were this season that would also be a bit of a let down. Its probably our strongest squad since the 2010 Grand Final winning one and Ive no doubt we still have a couple of season long loans to announce closer to the time who will both improve the team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ive no doubt we still have a couple of season long loans to announce closer to the time who will both improve the team.

This is why it's still hard to make predictions for 2021. Leigh are getting to a stage where they have a handy squad now, their two recent signings both look very good additions, but do they have any more good ones that they haven't announced yet? Also they've made it clear DR will feature heavily as well as loans so it will be interesting to see who is earmarked for them from Saints, they definitely need a bit more depth in the pack but they might get that from DR.

Sounds like Fax as well as Fev will have further announcements to make, maybe other clubs too. Really interesting season coming up.

• Like 1

Its going to be a cracking season that's for sure my prediction.

Top 4 (Championship Final could go anyway)

Featherstone Rovers 

Leigh Centuriions

Halifax Panthers 

Newcastle Thunder 

Bottom 

Sheffield Eagles

Workington Town

London Broncos 

( Broncos bottom dogfight between the other 2)

Surprise team Barrow Raiders (Just love Jarrod Sammut and even at 34/35 he is as fit as a butchers dog and pure class 🙂

• Like 2

Leigh still have at Least 2 more to announce. 

would make sense to keep Alex Gerrard. Good Prop, but any more additions need to be packmen. 

Amone is a wrecking ball. Looking forward to seeing him in action and Aekins can’t half shift. 

Great season ahead. 

6 hours ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

I would imagine Dan Norman and Danny Hill, Josh Sim or Tom Nisbett could figure from Saints if the first team stay injury free. Taylor Pemberton is getting big wraps as a young hooker but Leigh will already have Aaron Smith on loan from Saints. 

Taylor from Leigh East will be some player soon

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Amone is a wrecking ball. Looking forward to seeing him in action and Aekins can’t half shift. 

Im not sure where he gets it from but I will say this, in my 30 odd years of watching Fax I can't remember a player who took the ball in as hard as his unlce Asa. 100mph every single time no let up.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Its going to be a cracking season that's for sure my prediction.

Top 4 (Championship Final could go anyway)

Featherstone Rovers 

Leigh Centuriions

Halifax Panthers 

Newcastle Thunder 

Bottom 

Sheffield Eagles

Workington Town

London Broncos 

( Broncos bottom dogfight between the other 2)

Surprise team Barrow Raiders (Just love Jarrod Sammut and even at 34/35 he is as fit as a butchers dog and pure class 🙂

I dont have Barrow down myself but one of Haven or Workington,  just not the player base there for 2 champ quality teams.  

• Haha 1

On 05/12/2021 at 11:39, ShropshireBull said:

I dont have Barrow down myself but one of Haven or Workington,  just not the player base there for 2 champ quality teams.  

Are they not allowed to play non Cumbrian’s ?

On 02/12/2021 at 19:25, DavidM said:

As SHEFFIELD have reversed the fixture due to delays with their stadium we now have 5 home games in a row , 6 out of the first 7 … all by the start of April ! I love  summer rugby 

Out of the last 10 games of the season we have 3 at home & 7 away

Who drew up the fixtures?? 

Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles?? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, coolie said:

Out of the last 10 games of the season we have 3 at home & 7 away

Who drew up the fixtures?? 

Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles?? 🤔

No. They have nothing to do with the RFL fixture list department. One of them is also dead. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

As the season goes on and Newcastle are in the mix hard to see them not being able to exploit wigan link and checkbook.  

Leigh Fev Fax Thunder but the battle for those last two playoff spots between York Widnes and Bulls going to be huge.  Just shows the strength of division that finishing 6th in the playoffs has to be seen as a good year. 

• Like 3

Widnes looking a lot better than last season? Ive not really been that impressed by their signings, certainly not enough to think they will finish above Batley.

I like Mimms and think hes a good Championship player but for those thinking we are suddenly going to find enough full time players to fill 6 teams, I think this is an example of how they are struggling in SL to find quality players to fill teams. 2x10 would serverly water down the product if all teams had to be full time. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Looks like Thunder actually set up Minns' trial with Wakefield

https://www.thunderrugby.co.uk/article/229/minns-moves-on-from-newcastle-thunder

Edited by NERugbyDad
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As an aside, am I right in thinking that the Summer Bash venue (widely rumoured to be Headingley) has yet to be confirmed, along with the fixtures?

Correct. The date is known to be July 30/31 though.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As an aside, am I right in thinking that the Summer Bash venue (widely rumoured to be Headingley) has yet to be confirmed, along with the fixtures?

I do believe a meeting is taking place this coming week to vote on the Premier offer and when/if to have the Bash weekend.