Championship this season

On 17/12/2021 at 09:50, JonM said:

They owe a quarter of a million to AB Sundecks, but a pretty healthy looking set of accounts overall.

When was the last time a RL club had a share offering 🙂 ?

I recall Sheffield Eagles being listed on the AIM in the 1990s.

On 15/12/2021 at 13:20, The Phantom Horseman said:

14 days now, and can then be extended on a week-by-week basis. Last year because of Covid even the 14-day minimum was removed, resulting in instances such as when Jordan Baldwinson (then at York) signed on loan for Bradford, played for them 2 days later, then played for York 7 days later.

Apart from that initial 14-day period, there's not much difference between loans and DR.

Except that you can only DR with one club whereas you can get loanees from anywhere.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

I think you can DR with multiple clubs. At least it has been done before

Championship club can only DR with one SL club. They can also DR with a C1 club, if that is what you mean.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

That's not quite true

image.png.63429be6e63ac80a8deb2500aa736534.png

Thanks - "core areas" only then.

14 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Bradford are DR'ing with 2 clubs in all but name.

You mean DR with one and loans from another?

1 hour ago, TrueBull said:

Who in the Championship are running reserves this season? I think its mandatory for clubs with academies - so Bradford, London, Newcastle. Halifax have run reserves recently - they continuing? Anyone else?

Bradford, London and Newcastle. No other club in the championship has since the reserves were reintroduced at SL level, at which point several other clubs (Fax, Fev, Keighley to name three) were all told they didn't meet the requirements for inclusion in the new competition. 

Edited by gazza77

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

With their consistent squad over the years, along with strong additions, Fev will be be the team to beat. Leigh have a good squad but I think it will take them a while to gel as they have plenty of new faces. Fax have probably strengthened the most so I would expect them to be contenders. 

A battle for the final play-off spots between the likes of Batley, Newcastle, Bradford, York and Widnes.

London are a bit of an unknown quantity but think they will go better than most suggest.

I don't think Haven will make a surprise play-off appearance this time around. 

A really scrap at the bottom between the rest!

Prediction:

Fev

Leigh 

Fax

Batley

Bradford

Newcastle

York

Widnes

London

Sheffield

Barrow

Whitehaven

Dewsbury

Workington

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Twickbronc said:

With their consistent squad over the years, along with strong additions, Fev will be be the team to beat. Leigh have a good squad but I think it will take them a while to gel as they have plenty of new faces. Fax have probably strengthened the most so I would expect them to be contenders. 

A battle for the final play-off spots between the likes of Batley, Newcastle, Bradford, York and Widnes.

London are a bit of an unknown quantity but think they will go better than most suggest.

Prediction:

Fev

Leigh 

Fax

Batley

Bradford

Newcastle

York

Widnes

London

Sheffield

Barrow

Whitehaven

Dewsbury

Workington

Difficult to argue against but I'd put Batley below Bradford and maybe even Newcastle 

• Like 1

On 29/12/2021 at 14:05, Twickbronc said:

Prediction:

Fev

Leigh 

Fax

Batley

Bradford

Newcastle

York

Widnes

London

Sheffield

Barrow

Whitehaven

Dewsbury

Workington

Those bottom six are likely correct but their order is presently highly unpredictable, however I reckon London and Sheffield will really struggle this season. Sheffield will benefit from having the majority of their home games in the latter half of the season though.

Batley won't do as well this year as last I reckon and Bradford will stat much better and be battling for top 4. Fax could even upset one of the fancied top two. If we are relatively unaffected by Covid it promises to be a cracking season in the Championship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Those bottom six are likely correct but their order is presently highly unpredictable, however I reckon London and Sheffield will really struggle this season. Sheffield will benefit from having the majority of their home games in the latter half of the season though.

Batley won't do as well this year as last I reckon and Bradford will stat much better and be battling for top 4. Fax could even upset one of the fancied top two. If we are relatively unaffected by Covid it promises to be a cracking season in the Championship.

Really I think Batley could be alright 19/20 players from last year have stayed… added a few into the squad plus if we ain’t hit badly with injuries and our home form is better we won’t be far off… I think Bradford could struggle JK’s game plan has to change from 5 drives and kick its 2021 not 2013… Widnes York have to improve… Dewsbury could struggle if they don’t hit the ground running 

• Like 1

I love how much everybody is underestimating York. We've got a very good team this year, and will certainly be better than last season. The top two (Leigh and Fev) will probably have too much, but there's no reason why we won't be challenging for 3rd. 

• Like 1