Championship this season

2 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I would go 11/10 Fev    7/4 Leigh     9/1 Fax  14/1 Bradford and 20/1 Widnes but just my opinion.

These are win only odds so designed to attract mug punters, hence lower odds for the favourites to dissuade betting on them.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

These are win only odds so designed to attract mug punters, hence lower odds for the favourites to dissuade betting on them.

Yes Johnny , we know how bookies work 😂 

Unlike my brother in law who is always complaining about Man city's odds being ###### , so he bets against them , and on the odd occasion he wins , tells the world how clever he is 

Never mentions when he loses 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Lower than "fair" odds on the favourite is to actually encourage people to take that bet.

On 29/12/2021 at 12:18, gazza77 said:

Bradford, London and Newcastle. No other club in the championship has since the reserves were reintroduced at SL level, at which point several other clubs (Fax, Fev, Keighley to name three) were all told they didn't meet the requirements for inclusion in the new competition. 

What requirements were those gazza?

I didn't see anything published as to why all those who submitted applications were refused, even my team who had £400K earmarked for an academy were refused, it couldn't be anything to do with Wigan, Saints and Warrington being in the door step could it?

Edited by Harry Stottle

Leigh are in my opinion at this moment in time in a false position in the betting stakes, albeit we have some player's capable of performing well in the Championship I just feel that the squad is far to shallow to take on the rigours of a season long campaign, we really need to improve on the number's available simply because injuries or COVID threatens to impact on the team, we fans keep being promised that more signings are going to be made but there is no sign of it so far, Saints must be sending a lot on DR -I hate that.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

As always the season will turn on key results between teams wherever they are in the league at the top it will be the Fev and Leigh games although Fax will have their say. Yes there will be plenty of other banana skins for the top 2 and maybe a defeat or 2 along the way. Whatever happens I’m sure it’s going to be a good season as long as covid doesn’t have too bigger say.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

What requirements were those gazza?

I didn't see anything published as to why all those who submitted applications were refused, even my team who had £400K earmarked for an academy were refused, it couldn't be anything to do with Wigan, Saints and Warrington being in the door step could it?

I can't remember all the details, and tbh I'm not sure anything was formally announced. A bit here in the local keighley rag about why the cougars were told they were rejected though. I'd suspect similar circumstances for most if not all the other applicants declined reserve teams at the time. 

https://www.keighleynews.co.uk/sport/17837045.muir-gutted-cougars-miss-rfls-reserves-league/

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

• 2 weeks later...

It seems a tad unfair for the part time clubs in The Championship to see the considered wealthiest,and full time sides in the league,not only dual reg with the wealthiest Super League clubs,but also take loan players from the same clubs.

There should be some disparity come the end of the season.

• Like 2

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It seems a tad unfair for the part time clubs in The Championship to see the considered wealthiest,and full time sides in the league,not only dual reg with the wealthiest Super League clubs,but also take loan players from the same clubs.

I agree , your solution would be ? 

10 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Infrastructure and fulltime environment should be a huge calling card for Thunder.  Hoping they make playoffs.

My goodness Salop, last season you were calling for Newcastle to be promoted to SL along with York for this term, now you are hoping they can make the Championship playoff's? How do you think York will go in '22.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/01/2022 at 12:34, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh are in my opinion at this moment in time in a false position in the betting stakes, albeit we have some player's capable of performing well in the Championship I just feel that the squad is far to shallow to take on the rigours of a season long campaign

I doubt anyone will have a prediction for top 3 that doesn't include both Leigh and Fev. If a bookie was offering 7/4, I'd consider that a value bet.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

My goodness Salop, last season you were calling for Newcastle to be promoted to SL along with York for this term, now you are hoping they can make the Championship playoff's? How do you think York will go in '22.

No pretty sure the convo was about going to 14 and wanting to see them up there to grow the commercial viability of the game. 

The other code are getting 5 6000.  I am confident that Thunder would match that at SL and be a great addition. 

York I honestly have no idea, had a bad year last year but should be used to new surroundings ando a season where management will get judged (fantástic but lucky first season, disappointing second). Playoff teams I would be confident about pencilling are Fev (Always in) Leigh (FT) Halifax (Bit of investment) and Newcastle (FT).

After that,  take your pick for last two spots. Gun to my head?  York make playoffs.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Yep but if I am a full time club I prefer my players to go full time environments.  

• Like 1

On 01/01/2022 at 12:34, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh are in my opinion at this moment in time in a false position in the betting stakes, albeit we have some player's capable of performing well in the Championship I just feel that the squad is far to shallow to take on the rigours of a season long campaign, we really need to improve on the number's available simply because injuries or COVID threatens to impact on the team, we fans keep being promised that more signings are going to be made but there is no sign of it so far, Saints must be sending a lot on DR -I hate that.

Update, nothing to report exactly the same 2 weeks later as wrote on the 1 Jan.

13 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Is that any different to any previous year at any level of the game, both here and Australia? There’s usually a pretty significant gap somewhere in each of the three tables come the end of the year and I fully expect there to be again, this year.  I can only really speak for football and American Football besides for Rugby League, albeit less confidently about American Football, but disparity is commonplace there too. 

I don’t get some factions of Rugby League who want a mythical level playing field across all levels, it’s just not realistic. 

13 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I agree , your solution would be ? 

Simples. Get rid of dual reg and loans should be for a minimum of 4 weeks

• Like 4

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward