Championship this season

Some interesting points from what was either a decisive statement or a wild rant (depending on your point of view, Beaumont himself calls it a rant) from Derek Beaumont on Leigh's FB page last night.

Especially notable - with another signing to be named in the next couple of days and a couple more in the pipeline, Beaumont says Leigh will have a £1.2 million squad (plus coaching costs). That will dwarf all other clubs' spending and is certainly an interesting revelation.

As is the fact that Leigh received a £400,000 parachute payment, on top of their central funding of £180k (which highlights how little the rest of the Championship clubs will be getting).

OMG people. Asiata lands at 11.15am tomorrow go meet him amd cheer him in. The website is broken we are having it fixed a budget has already been set into a new one that’s being built to replace it but this one is being repaired. A new social media expert from a football club is serving his notice and due to start. An NRL player didn’t get a GBE so we can’t register him he was 0.5 games short. A player will be announced in next two days that has been approved and another has signed and will be approved but we won’t announce until it has we also have another in the pipeline. 1.2million pound squad plus coaching etc for 180k central funding and 400k parachute plus all associated costs it’s a massive investment. When Adrian names his captains his players will be first to know along with squad numbers he has chose not to do that yet. Whilst our fans are what it’s all about and the most important revenue stream we don’t run the club based on your comments or needs. We are dual with saints and know what we can expect from them player wise. We are not stupid and I have a lot at stake and am very happy with the work of Karen chris Neil and Adrian in running the club. We won’t sign people that do not fit for signings sake. We will deliver for our fans when the result at the end matters I hope our fans deliver for us as up to now our sales don’t do that. I must say the negativity and slagging off is wholly unhelpful. We had an employee in tears last night due to tripe ranted on social media about merchandise. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it just as I am mine especially when I am pumping fortunes into the place again to get where we deserve to stay there. If you ain’t got anything positive to say then please keep it to yourself as it just don’t help. Trust in those putting money time amd effort in and those with a proven track record and experience who are being paid to do a job that they will do it. We won’t fail and we ain’t perfect but I could easily come and analyse any of our critics in their lives and work and give a load of negativity. A supporters job is to support to be positive and defend the club no matter what not disrespect and criticise it. I care not if people who are of that ilk like my comments or even turn up I would sooner go to war with real people who go with what we have and fight till the end. Rant over!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

‘Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it just as I am mine especially when I am pumping fortunes into the place again to get where we deserve to stay there. If you ain’t got anything positive to say then please keep it to yourself.’

What a cnut.

• Like 2

I thought SC had suggested that Leigh had such income streams that Beaumont no longer needed to dip in to his own money? Its going to end in tears again at Leigh isn't it. 1.2m squad suggests that they have had to pay well over the odds for some of the players they have brought in as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I thought SC had suggested that Leigh had such income streams that Beaumont no longer needed to dip in to his own money? Its going to end in tears again at Leigh isn't it. 1.2m squad suggests that they have had to pay well over the odds for some of the players they have brought in as well.

They do this every year and get the same results. Will they ever learn?

27 minutes ago, Spidey said:

They do this every year and get the same results. Will they ever learn?

who is the most successful club in the part time league sorry championship since licensing ended.maybe all the teams should copy us

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leytherz said:

who is the most successful club in the part time league sorry championship since licensing ended.maybe all the teams should copy us

But that’s not the aim is it. Leigh want to be a SL club and have failed three times now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Well spotted.  And what happened to the zillion pound share issue ?🤔

• Haha 3

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

But that’s not the aim is it. Leigh want to be a SL club and have failed three times now

how many other clubs have failed.at least we are still trying to match it with the super league sides even tho everybody knows its heavily stacked against championship teams.after dereks statement yesterday all the leythers i know are very positive about this season.ive also got a feeling a few people on here are not going to enjoy the championship much this season

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Have you not checked the financial results 2017-2020. Last money needed was 2016- a very healthy cash situation had accrued come Dec 2020 - although I am sure DB has to help cash flow from time to time and that 2021 took away most of it. I assumed the AGAIN may have helped you though.

14 minutes ago, leytherz said:

how many other clubs have failed.at least we are still trying to match it with the super league sides even tho everybody knows its heavily stacked against championship teams.after dereks statement yesterday all the leythers i know are very positive about this season.ive also got a feeling a few people on here are not going to enjoy the championship much this season

It’s the same every year. Leythers should have the “it’s our year” tag instead of Warrington 😜

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I may on occasion over indulge in the lowest form, you may notice sometimes

Fair play, fella.

My biggest fear with the new owner at York is that he turns out to be like Beaumont, I desperately hope he follows Jon Flatman's lead in professionalism and culture at the club. No amount of money chucked at players forgives the embarrassment of having an attention seeking nutjob for a Chairman. Don't think I could support that.

• Like 11

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 15/01/2022 at 03:02, Snowys Backside said:

Yep, Fully aware of that. He would have ripped it up in the Championship. Good luck to him.

Ripped up his contract ?

He`s an absolute moron, I know we all want investment in the sport but when its from a gobby muppet like that I dont see how it helps the sport in any way.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Some interesting points from what was either a decisive statement or a wild rant (depending on your point of view, Beaumont himself calls it a rant) from Derek Beaumont on Leigh's FB page last night.

Especially notable - with another signing to be named in the next couple of days and a couple more in the pipeline, Beaumont says Leigh will have a £1.2 million squad (plus coaching costs). That will dwarf all other clubs' spending and is certainly an interesting revelation.

As is the fact that Leigh received a £400,000 parachute payment, on top of their central funding of £180k (which highlights how little the rest of the Championship clubs will be getting).

OMG people. Asiata lands at 11.15am tomorrow go meet him amd cheer him in. The website is broken we are having it fixed a budget has already been set into a new one that’s being built to replace it but this one is being repaired. A new social media expert from a football club is serving his notice and due to start. An NRL player didn’t get a GBE so we can’t register him he was 0.5 games short. A player will be announced in next two days that has been approved and another has signed and will be approved but we won’t announce until it has we also have another in the pipeline. 1.2million pound squad plus coaching etc for 180k central funding and 400k parachute plus all associated costs it’s a massive investment. When Adrian names his captains his players will be first to know along with squad numbers he has chose not to do that yet. Whilst our fans are what it’s all about and the most important revenue stream we don’t run the club based on your comments or needs. We are dual with saints and know what we can expect from them player wise. We are not stupid and I have a lot at stake and am very happy with the work of Karen chris Neil and Adrian in running the club. We won’t sign people that do not fit for signings sake. We will deliver for our fans when the result at the end matters I hope our fans deliver for us as up to now our sales don’t do that. I must say the negativity and slagging off is wholly unhelpful. We had an employee in tears last night due to tripe ranted on social media about merchandise. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it just as I am mine especially when I am pumping fortunes into the place again to get where we deserve to stay there. If you ain’t got anything positive to say then please keep it to yourself as it just don’t help. Trust in those putting money time amd effort in and those with a proven track record and experience who are being paid to do a job that they will do it. We won’t fail and we ain’t perfect but I could easily come and analyse any of our critics in their lives and work and give a load of negativity. A supporters job is to support to be positive and defend the club no matter what not disrespect and criticise it. I care not if people who are of that ilk like my comments or even turn up I would sooner go to war with real people who go with what we have and fight till the end. Rant over!

Where does he say it dwarves other clubs spending? 

I don't agree with the tone of the rant personally but it was done in a private group on Facebook to fans of Leigh Centurions who were tagging Derek into loads of Questions asking for answers, interestingly its a Featherstone fan who has posted on here not a Leigh one.

2 minutes ago, binosh said:

Where does he say it dwarves other clubs spending? 

he didn't, I did. Maybe I'm wrong - because I don't know the figures for other clubs - but I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, binosh said:

I don't agree with the tone of the rant personally but it was done in a private group on Facebook to fans of Leigh Centurions who were tagging Derek into loads of Questions asking for answers, interestingly its a Featherstone fan who has posted on here not a Leigh one.

Er, less "interestingly" it was posted on the Leigh RL fans page by a Leigh fan and that's where I saw it. If either you or Derek Beaumont thinks  a message like that on a forum/FB page frequented by a large number of fans, many of whom have seemed disgruntled, isn't going to go viral then that's beyond naive. Already one story about it online.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/leigh-owner-derek-beaumont-responds-to-fan-criticism/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, binosh said:

...but it was done in a private group on Facebook to fans of Leigh Centurions who were tagging Derek into loads of Questions asking for answers, interestingly its a Featherstone fan who has posted on here not a Leigh one.

I don't think you understand how social media works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

he didn't, I did. Maybe I'm wrong - because I don't know the figures for other clubs - but I doubt it.

Er, less "interestingly" it was posted on the Leigh RL fans page by a Leigh fan and that's where I saw it. If either you or Derek Beaumont thinks  a message like that on a forum/FB page frequented by a large number of fans, many of whom have seemed disgruntled, isn't going to go viral then that's beyond naive. Already one story about it online.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/leigh-owner-derek-beaumont-responds-to-fan-criticism/

Campbell & Beaumont are cut from the same cloth.

Featherstone Rovers chairman speaks out on 'frustrating' comments from own fans - Rugby League News (seriousaboutrl.com)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, binosh said:

I know whataboutism is the example set by our politicians these days but this is a bit like gleefully finding a photo of Keir Starmer holding a can of beer isn't it?

• Like 3