Championship this season

49 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That would be all the people who have gathered together in the stadium watching the game.

Perhaps you could do with a family member with a bit more between their earholes to educate you a little more.

Harry , you Facetious bstard 😁 , in answer to frisky , I don't know , they opened two stands , the seated one was nearly full , and the standing about a third full 

I'm assuming you didn't attend Harry , you'd have been impressed if you had , a good all round performance from the leythers , Saints weren't at their very best , but Leigh coped with them with relative ease and made breaks against them , Saints first two tries both scored in the corner with the last after some neat footwork by James Bell ( which we've seen for ourselves ) 

So a good first run out 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Harry , you Facetious bstard 😁 , in answer to frisky , I don't know , they opened two stands , the seated one was nearly full , and the standing about a third full 

I'm assuming you didn't attend Harry , you'd have been impressed if you had , a good all round performance from the letters , Saints weren't at their very best , but Leigh coped with them with relative ease and made breaks against them , Saints first two tries both scored in the corner with the last after some neat footwork by James Bell ( which we've seen for ourselves ) 

So a good first run out 

Your correct no I did not attend, last minute circumstances prevented me form going, my lift (son) was even on route to pick me up when I diverted him, so sorry I missed it was really looking forward to going.

How did Hingano play? In your opinion should he replace either of the starting halves?

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I'm assuming you didn't attend Harry , you'd have been impressed if you had , a good all round performance from the leythers , Saints weren't at their very best , but Leigh coped with them with relative ease and made breaks against them , Saints first two tries both scored in the corner with the last after some neat footwork by James Bell ( which we've seen for ourselves ) 

So a good first run out 

I thought Leigh were very good defensively and Saints struggled to get a roll on at any point. Leigh’s number 4 was also a handful all game is that the signing from PNG or was he already in Leigh’s squad. 

42 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I thought Leigh were very good defensively and Saints struggled to get a roll on at any point. Leigh’s number 4 was also a handful all game is that the signing from PNG or was he already in Leigh’s squad. 

Mc Donald was 4 looked like he needs gametime, but should be a huge asset as the season progresses. The PNG hooker only arrived last week and our other prop had a minor knock so didnt play - and that was all we have so far. Nesbit looked like a RL player btw - the season with us should do him a world of good

Edited by sweaty craiq

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

That would be all the people who have gathered together in the stadium watching the game.

Perhaps you could do with a family member with a bit more between their earholes to educate you a little more.

I'll ask your grandson in NZ - he seems to be an expert on SL.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Your correct no I did not attend, last minute circumstances prevented me form going, my lift (son) was even on route to pick me up when I diverted him, so sorry I missed it was really looking forward to going.

How did Hingano play? In your opinion should he replace either of the starting halves?

Didn't really look at individuals Harry , more how they played together given the number of debuts we had , they were well organised , and disciplined as well , Saints had strong team out for all but the last 10/15 minutes when they brought the academy on , and in fact as we've seen in the past when that happens , the enthusiasm and the familiarity they have from playing together for several years comes out , and gave us our most difficult period 

So fingers crossed we might get a win next week against Haven 🤔

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Mc Donald was 4 looked like he needs gametime, but should be a huge asset as the season progresses. The PNG hooker only arrived last week and our other prop had a minor knock so didnt play - and that was all we have so far. Nesbit looked like a RL player btw - the season with us should do him a world of good

Cheers and on Saints Norman looked good when he came on.  Obviously still needs a bit of work but there’s a player there I’d expect him to get a few games this year. Solid debut from Hopoate. 

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

That could very well be Leigh's strategy this season, it has been a softly softly approach in recruiting a squad, Mr Lam went back to Aus and secured some very good aquittions and there is still money available to fund further player's, as you imply it doesn't really matter where a team finishes as long as they make the playoffs and are equipped to go all the way.

I don´t think 1.2 mil is a playoff budget. That´s a boom or bust budget. It´s why I am curious about Newcastle, think if they start well they will be able to strengthen throughout the season in a way that part time teams couldn´t. There´s maybe a benefit to being in top 2 but otherwise, it´s just get a ticket and cross your fingers. 

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Mc Donald was 4 looked like he needs gametime, but should be a huge asset as the season progresses.

If Adriam Lam can keep him on the straight and narrow, he'll be the best player in the championship

Edited by JonM

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

I don´t think 1.2 mil is a playoff budget. That´s a boom or bust budget. It´s why I am curious about Newcastle, think if they start well they will be able to strengthen throughout the season in a way that part time teams couldn´t. There´s maybe a benefit to being in top 2 but otherwise, it´s just get a ticket and cross your fingers. 

Apparently we have 500k left to spend if needed

39 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Apparently we have 500k left to spend if needed

Crazy amounts for 2nd tier League but when we artifically cap SL at 12 to protect it´s weakest teams then we can´t be surprised teams spend to get there. 

37 minutes ago, Josef K said:

My neighbour went the Saints/Leigh game, he said “it was freezing and the game was as boring as f***. Hurrell’s tackling was woeful”. 

Not as cold as I'd expected TTTT , yes the game wasn't a classic as I put initially , Saints certainly have another couple of gears to use if they need and will as the season progresses , and again as I put from Leigh's point of view , with about a dozen debutants we defended well , were organised and disciplined , going against Championship defenders we'd obviously look to be more ' open ' 

Yes Konrad is a bit of an enigma , gets the ball , puts on a burst ,crowd ' lifts ' but he didn't really do much if anything , defending ? 🤔 , Not really his thing is it ? , maybe the odd big hit , but can be a bit of a liability 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Not as cold as I'd expected TTTT , yes the game wasn't a classic as I put initially , Saints certainly have another couple of gears to use if they need and will as the season progresses , and again as I put from Leigh's point of view , with about a dozen debutants we defended well , were organised and disciplined , going against Championship defenders we'd obviously look to be more ' open ' 

Yes Konrad is a bit of an enigma , gets the ball , puts on a burst ,crowd ' lifts ' but he didn't really do much if anything , defending ? 🤔 , Not really his thing is it ? , maybe the odd big hit , but can be a bit of a liability 

My neighbour said Leigh put in a good effort and he reckons they’ll finish above Fev. I’m glad i saved a tenner. 

2 minutes ago, Josef K said:

My neighbour said Leigh put in a good effort and he reckons they’ll finish above Fev. I’m glad i saved a tenner. 

Early days yet 

30 minutes ago, Josef K said:

As he seen Fev as well then ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1