Jump to content

Championship this season


Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That would be all the people who have gathered together in the stadium watching the game.

Perhaps you could do with a family member with a bit more between their earholes to educate you a little more.

Harry , you Facetious bstard 😁 , in answer to frisky , I don't know , they opened two stands , the seated one was nearly full , and the standing about a third full 

I'm assuming you didn't attend Harry , you'd have been impressed if you had , a good all round performance from the leythers , Saints weren't at their very best , but Leigh coped with them with relative ease and made breaks against them , Saints first two tries both scored in the corner with the last after some neat footwork by James Bell ( which we've seen for ourselves ) 

So a good first run out 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Harry , you Facetious bstard 😁 , in answer to frisky , I don't know , they opened two stands , the seated one was nearly full , and the standing about a third full 

I'm assuming you didn't attend Harry , you'd have been impressed if you had , a good all round performance from the letters , Saints weren't at their very best , but Leigh coped with them with relative ease and made breaks against them , Saints first two tries both scored in the corner with the last after some neat footwork by James Bell ( which we've seen for ourselves ) 

So a good first run out 

Your correct no I did not attend, last minute circumstances prevented me form going, my lift (son) was even on route to pick me up when I diverted him, so sorry I missed it was really looking forward to going.

How did Hingano play? In your opinion should he replace either of the starting halves?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Harry , you Facetious bstard 😁 , in answer to frisky , I don't know , they opened two stands , the seated one was nearly full , and the standing about a third full 

I'm assuming you didn't attend Harry , you'd have been impressed if you had , a good all round performance from the leythers , Saints weren't at their very best , but Leigh coped with them with relative ease and made breaks against them , Saints first two tries both scored in the corner with the last after some neat footwork by James Bell ( which we've seen for ourselves ) 

So a good first run out 

I thought Leigh were very good defensively and Saints struggled to get a roll on at any point. Leigh’s number 4 was also a handful all game is that the signing from PNG or was he already in Leigh’s squad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I thought Leigh were very good defensively and Saints struggled to get a roll on at any point. Leigh’s number 4 was also a handful all game is that the signing from PNG or was he already in Leigh’s squad. 

Mc Donald was 4 looked like he needs gametime, but should be a huge asset as the season progresses. The PNG hooker only arrived last week and our other prop had a minor knock so didnt play - and that was all we have so far. Nesbit looked like a RL player btw - the season with us should do him a world of good

Edited by sweaty craiq
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

That would be all the people who have gathered together in the stadium watching the game.

Perhaps you could do with a family member with a bit more between their earholes to educate you a little more.

I'll ask your grandson in NZ - he seems to be an expert on SL.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Your correct no I did not attend, last minute circumstances prevented me form going, my lift (son) was even on route to pick me up when I diverted him, so sorry I missed it was really looking forward to going.

How did Hingano play? In your opinion should he replace either of the starting halves?

Didn't really look at individuals Harry , more how they played together given the number of debuts we had , they were well organised , and disciplined as well , Saints had strong team out for all but the last 10/15 minutes when they brought the academy on , and in fact as we've seen in the past when that happens , the enthusiasm and the familiarity they have from playing together for several years comes out , and gave us our most difficult period 

So fingers crossed we might get a win next week against Haven 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Mc Donald was 4 looked like he needs gametime, but should be a huge asset as the season progresses. The PNG hooker only arrived last week and our other prop had a minor knock so didnt play - and that was all we have so far. Nesbit looked like a RL player btw - the season with us should do him a world of good

Cheers and on Saints Norman looked good when he came on.  Obviously still needs a bit of work but there’s a player there I’d expect him to get a few games this year. Solid debut from Hopoate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

That could very well be Leigh's strategy this season, it has been a softly softly approach in recruiting a squad, Mr Lam went back to Aus and secured some very good aquittions and there is still money available to fund further player's, as you imply it doesn't really matter where a team finishes as long as they make the playoffs and are equipped to go all the way.

I don´t think 1.2 mil is a playoff budget. That´s a boom or bust budget. It´s why I am curious about Newcastle, think if they start well they will be able to strengthen throughout the season in a way that part time teams couldn´t. There´s maybe a benefit to being in top 2 but otherwise, it´s just get a ticket and cross your fingers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Mc Donald was 4 looked like he needs gametime, but should be a huge asset as the season progresses.

If Adriam Lam can keep him on the straight and narrow, he'll be the best player in the championship

Edited by JonM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

I don´t think 1.2 mil is a playoff budget. That´s a boom or bust budget. It´s why I am curious about Newcastle, think if they start well they will be able to strengthen throughout the season in a way that part time teams couldn´t. There´s maybe a benefit to being in top 2 but otherwise, it´s just get a ticket and cross your fingers. 

Apparently we have 500k left to spend if needed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Apparently we have 500k left to spend if needed

Crazy amounts for 2nd tier League but when we artifically cap SL at 12 to protect it´s weakest teams then we can´t be surprised teams spend to get there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Josef K said:

My neighbour went the Saints/Leigh game, he said “it was freezing and the game was as boring as f***. Hurrell’s tackling was woeful”. 

Not as cold as I'd expected TTTT , yes the game wasn't a classic as I put initially , Saints certainly have another couple of gears to use if they need and will as the season progresses , and again as I put from Leigh's point of view , with about a dozen debutants we defended well , were organised and disciplined , going against Championship defenders we'd obviously look to be more ' open ' 

Yes Konrad is a bit of an enigma , gets the ball , puts on a burst ,crowd ' lifts ' but he didn't really do much if anything , defending ? 🤔 , Not really his thing is it ? , maybe the odd big hit , but can be a bit of a liability 

 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Not as cold as I'd expected TTTT , yes the game wasn't a classic as I put initially , Saints certainly have another couple of gears to use if they need and will as the season progresses , and again as I put from Leigh's point of view , with about a dozen debutants we defended well , were organised and disciplined , going against Championship defenders we'd obviously look to be more ' open ' 

Yes Konrad is a bit of an enigma , gets the ball , puts on a burst ,crowd ' lifts ' but he didn't really do much if anything , defending ? 🤔 , Not really his thing is it ? , maybe the odd big hit , but can be a bit of a liability 

 

My neighbour said Leigh put in a good effort and he reckons they’ll finish above Fev. I’m glad i saved a tenner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Josef K said:

My neighbour said Leigh put in a good effort and he reckons they’ll finish above Fev. I’m glad i saved a tenner. 

Early days yet 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Josef K said:

My neighbour said Leigh put in a good effort and he reckons they’ll finish above Fev. I’m glad i saved a tenner. 

As he seen Fev as well then ?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...