Championship this season

Just now, DEANO said:

As many as your allowed 

If we can stay clear of injuries ( same as every other team) we shouldn't need many. I'm against personally but it's not me who's in charge.

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

If we can stay clear of injuries ( same as every other team) we shouldn't need many. I'm against personally but it's not me who's in charge.

Not every team has dual reg

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

3 hours ago, Josef K said:

I don’t know. I will tell him you’re upset because he said Leigh will finish above LEEDSfev Reserves.

Wow you've really hacked off with our  DR with Leeds i wouldn't let it bother you because it certainly won't change anything lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Josef K said:

I don’t know. I will tell him you’re upset because he said Leigh will finish above LEEDSfev Reserves.

Upset ? I'm nearly as distraught as you are about OUR DR.

I think things are going to be bitter in the Championship this year because of how close it is set to be. Slagging matches over DR or the actions of owners, complaining about referees, its all coming and its going to be more intense than ever.

It nearly got there last year with Fev and Toulouse (though granted that was mostly in one direction). I've experienced it in other sports too in recent times.

I hope it doesn't get too personal on here.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think things are going to be bitter in the Championship this year because of how close it is set to be. Slagging matches over DR or the actions of owners, complaining about referees, its all coming and its going to be more intense than ever.

It nearly got there last year with Fev and Toulouse (though granted that was mostly in one direction). I've experienced it in other sports too in recent times.

Well go on then Tommy I will ask you for your opinion as we are at opposite ends of the number of years we have been involved with and appreciative of this game.

Do you consider the game needs this aggravation you are predicting that will be prompted by DR?

Should Championship club's be allowed to utilise employees of other clubs in assisting them and giving them an advantage over other club's at both ends of the table when the the rewards of promotion or the perils of relegation are so high?

Should club's like Leeds and Saints be reliant on sending out their charges for "game time" because they cannot accommodate them within their own setup.

Again using Leeds and Saints as an example, if they - and other club's - respected a properly run and organized reserve and academy teams should that not suffice to have progression for some players and recuperation from injury and also a way back for out of form player's?

Your views may differ from mine, my experience at Leigh was starting at U'17's, then onto the U'19's those good enough would be asked to play for the 'A' team if they had player's unavailable or if the youngster exhibited special talent - some even played 'First' team rugby, there was always cover for injuries, suspensions etc, I honestly do not know why this could not work in today's game.

As you say this coming season can and most likely will create a lot of animosity and for what? to appease SL club's who cannot or will not utilise their own facilities to their best advantage.

My own club are proudly saying that they will have some high profile and experienced players to call on from Saints, I wholeheartedly wish they didn't and looked after their own affairs, I will still turn up and watch the games, but I cannot identify with or take pleasure in having guests turn up when it suits the club down the road to send them, what can it do for team spirit if one of your mates gets stood down for a guest and moreso for that individual who has been stood down, if it was me I would tell the coach to £+#k Off I won't be around when you need me.

So as I say at our ages we are at opposite ends of experience, I support a Championship club and you a SL club, your views please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Oh I don't know.... I hold my end up ripping the hiss out of Leeds utd everytime they lose..... I hope they don't win another game....

See.... there you are..  😊

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well go on then Tommy I will ask you for your opinion as we are at opposite ends of the number of years we have been involved with and appreciative of this game.

Do you consider the game needs this aggravation you are predicting that will be prompted by DR?

Should Championship club's be allowed to utilise employees of other clubs in assisting them and giving them an advantage over other club's at both ends of the table when the the rewards of promotion or the perils of relegation are so high?

Should club's like Leeds and Saints be reliant on sending out their charges for "game time" because they cannot accommodate them within their own setup.

Again using Leeds and Saints as an example, if they - and other club's - respected a properly run and organized reserve and academy teams should that not suffice to have progression for some players and recuperation from injury and also a way back for out of form player's?

Your views may differ from mine, my experience at Leigh was starting at U'17's, then onto the U'19's those good enough would be asked to play for the 'A' team if they had player's unavailable or if the youngster exhibited special talent - some even played 'First' team rugby, there was always cover for injuries, suspensions etc, I honestly do not know why this could not work in today's game.

As you say this coming season can and most likely will create a lot of animosity and for what? to appease SL club's who cannot or will not utilise their own facilities to their best advantage.

My own club are proudly saying that they will have some high profile and experienced players to call on from Saints, I wholeheartedly wish they didn't and looked after their own affairs, I will still turn up and watch the games, but I cannot identify with or take pleasure in having guests turn up when it suits the club down the road to send them, what can it do for team spirit if one of your mates gets stood down for a guest and moreso for that individual who has been stood down, if it was me I would tell the coach to £+#k Off I won't be around when you need me.

So as I say at our ages we are at opposite ends of experience, I support a Championship club and you a SL club, your views please.

I think we've repeatedly read enough of each others musings to know we're both on a similar page on this H......

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

My own club are proudly saying that they will have some high profile and experienced players to call on from Saints, I wholeheartedly wish they didn't and looked after their own affairs, I will still turn up and watch the games, but I cannot identify with or take pleasure in having guests turn up when it suits the club down the road to send them, what can it do for team spirit if one of your mates gets stood down for a guest and moreso for that individual who has been stood down, if it was me I w ould tell the coach to £+#k Off I won't be around when you need me.

Instead of Saints and Leeds,I would question Wigan.

They seem to blame the RFL for everything.Well,Lenegan does.

Now Super League run the show,with and without Elstone,why does Wigan dual reg with Thunder,and loan them players?

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/wigan-chairman-ian-lenagan-bitterly-disappointed-with-no-reserve-team/

They now have their reserve sides competition.

After all,Lenagan doesn't want any clubs outside of Super League to be given any money - yet he uses the unwanted clubs to assist his own club.

Grossly unfair on the part- time Championship clubs.

• Thanks 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Anyone would think we are having Leeds BEST players we certainly won't and all this bitching on here isn't going to change a thing - best get used to it.

3 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Anyone would think we are having Leeds BEST players we certainly won't and all this bitching on here isn't going to change a thing - best get used to it.

I dislike the system intensely for reasons chewed over on these pages for several years now.

If the game was buoyant and rugby league could afford academies and/or reserves etc, we wouldn't need dual reg. But the game is skint and is the main reason it's being deployed.

As a system, fev use it well and hold a good relationship with Leeds. 

• Like 2

Just now, Robin Evans said:

I dislike the system intensely for reasons chewed over on these pages for several years now.

If the game was buoyant and rugby league could afford academies and/or reserves etc, we wouldn't need dual reg. But the game is skint and is the main reason it's being deployed.

As a system, fev use it well and hold a good relationship 

I don't like it either but some on here are obsessed with us having it. If we didn't DR with Leeds another team would. Shouldn't need DR but it's like you've pointed out above.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You know I don't particularly like DR, I put a thread suggesting a potential alternative a few weeks back, but with the length of your thoughts on the matter thank you for proving my point on this thread.

Everything this season is likely to be hyper-analysed. One team putting out a weaker side against Fev or Leigh one week, a couple of better DR players being brought in, thats before you get to refereeing decisions or anything else.

It will be intense, it will be bitter at times.

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Oh I don't know.... I hold my end up ripping the hiss out of Leeds utd everytime they lose..... I hope they don't win another game....

See.... there you are..  😊

Yeah but nobody at Leeds is that bothered about you 😉 This will be both ways.

It happened at Mercedes and Red Bull last season in F1. In football Derby have managed to lose basically any friends in the Championship and particularly Leeds fans are happy to see them go down and even under.

Sporting respect is going to be hard for many to maintain I feel, and the outlets of discord are increasing.

56 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I agree, but I feel you're going to have to tell a lot of people that numerous times throughout the season as it will be used constantly as a jibe.

• Like 2

Watched a bit of the Fev game and they will be the team to beat this year in my opinion. They looked physically imposing even against a SL side and are able to dominate teams for that reason alone. I watched Salford V Fax Friday night and we were pretty easily bullied and sheer size will let us down this season when it comes to trying to put one over on Fev.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Watched a bit of the Fev game and they will be the team to beat this year in my opinion. They looked physically imposing even against a SL side and are able to dominate teams for that reason alone. I watched Salford V Fax Friday night and we were pretty easily bullied and sheer size will let us down this season when it comes to trying to put one over on Fev.

It's certainly going to be interesting this season.

• Like 1