Championship this season

32 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

It'll be reight 

Aye. Isn't the first time we'll have hears such comments, and won't be the last.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Melbourne halfback Ryley Jacks rumoured to be Fev’s next signing.

He’ll be sat in the stands if your parent club decides their own half back needs some game time 🤣

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

23 minutes ago, DEANO said:

He’ll be sat in the stands if your parent club decides their own half back needs some game time 🤣

“Your parent club”

Don’t think Wath Brow will be sending any halfbacks to Fev.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Give it a rest its getting boring now.

Nah. I’m not gonna let something that is fundamentally wrong with the game,go

• Sad 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

42 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Nah. I’m not gonna let something that is fundamentally wrong with the game,go

Please please don't stop all FEV fans love it when we get up peoples noses

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Back to the Championship season...some potentially very bad news coming for Fev with Brian McDermott sounding pessimistic after the Wakefield game about the knee injury suffered by Craig Kopczak when scoring. Koppy reportedly heard a "pop", was scheduled to have a scan yesterday, it would be a hammer blow for Fev if he's out for an extended period of time because he's been so good and so important for the team.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Back to the Championship season...some potentially very bad news coming for Fev with Brian McDermott sounding pessimistic after the Wakefield game about the knee injury suffered by Craig Kopczak when scoring. Koppy reportedly heard a "pop", was scheduled to have a scan yesterday, it would be a hammer blow for Fev if he's out for an extended period of time because he's been so good and so important for the team.

One of the more honest player's in the sport, always enjoyed watching him at Salford never left anything on the field, big miss for Fev but it is only a very very few games I consider that he would actually be noticed by his absence, in that I mean Fev will be to strong even without him in most fixtures.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, POR said:

Featherstone Rovers have made three  signings ahead of the new season in the shape of Adam Cuthbertson, Ryley Jacks and Ben Mathiou.

A blind man can see that Fev mean business this year, a couple of honest questions to you and all the other Fev fans, can they afford to fail in not gaining promotion? How much will the coffers be stretched by the outlay the club has put into bringing this team and the coaching staff together, is it boom or bust?

As a Leigh fan, I would say that there was not a lot between us till recently and I believe that Fev have upped the anti in their team building, will Leigh retaliate, or wait till later in the season and see who becomes available before making a move for more player's? I can't see with the team already assembled at Leigh that they will finish lower than 3rd so is time on their hands, whatever it is it is going to be intriguing. Can't wait for the kick off this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

A blind man can see that Fev mean business this year, a couple of honest questions to you and all the other Fev fans, can they afford to fail in not gaining promotion? How much will the coffers be stretched by the outlay the club has put into bringing this team and the coaching staff together, is it boom or bust?

The management at Fev have commented over and over again about the hard work that has been done to increase income streams and the fact that the club is now self-sufficient but people still seem to keep bringing this up.

The club seems to have a dizzying range of sponsors and unlike so many clubs that play in rented stadiums every penny of the income streams from within the ground stay at the club, whether it's weddings, conferences, leasing out the ground to Wakefield AFC, bar receipts etc, on-site superstore etc. The Squad Builder update has been really strong too and is now reportedly one of the club's top 5 income streams.

It was stated at this morning's press conference that the club had lost £180k from central funding this year but had already made up that shortfall through revenue streams, for instance. So it sounds like financially the club is in an ok situation.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

As a Leigh fan, I would say that there was not a lot between us till recently and I believe that Fev have upped the anti in their team building, will Leigh retaliate, or wait till later in the season and see who becomes available before making a move for more player's? I can't see with the team already assembled at Leigh that they will finish lower than 3rd so is time on their hands, whatever it is it is going to be intriguing. Can't wait for the kick off this weekend.

The club say they’ve replaced the lost TV money with interest. 

I also wouldn’t underestimate the revenue that Wakefield AFC using our facilities brings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Also the club was today reporting a record 1,500 season ticket sales. The tickets were not cheap this season (£240) but that would amount to £360k if they were all adults, it won't be quite as much as that because some would have been concessions but still a huge fund raiser.

I also think there will be increased attendance from occasional supporters and even neutrals coming along.

Edited by bigbaldnmad
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

This half back is 29 and gets a good look in at Melbourne Storm.....unbelievable signings going on 😂😂😂👍👍👍

Solid player who never quite lived up to expectations and was used mainly as injury cover in his 2 spells at Melbourne,but should be a very good player at Championship level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I also think there will be increased attendance from occasional supporters and even neutrals coming along.

Plus the 2 million from the council ( NOT for player's I know) but it should free  up money we might have had to spend on ground etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

Plus the 2 million from the council ( NOT for player's I know) but it should free  up money we might have had to spend on ground etc.

Think this is the point, the grant may not directly go to the playing budget but if you get an extra 2 million quid it does free up funds that would otherwise be spent elsewhere but frankly, good for Fev. They´ve been incredibly well run and invested in infrastructure whilst being competitive so it´s nice that we have two, maybe three teams this season instead of wondering whether Toulouse would slip up in the final last year. 

• Like 1