Championship this season

16 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Think this is the point, the grant may not directly go to the playing budget but if you get an extra 2 million quid it does free up funds that would otherwise be spent elsewhere but frankly, good for Fev. They´ve been incredibly well run and invested in infrastructure whilst being competitive so it´s nice that we have two, maybe three teams this season instead of wondering whether Toulouse would slip up in the final last year. 

Plus Cas and Wakey got it has well.

55 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Think this is the point, the grant may not directly go to the playing budget but if you get an extra 2 million quid it does free up funds that would otherwise be spent elsewhere but frankly, good for Fev. They´ve been incredibly well run and invested in infrastructure whilst being competitive so it´s nice that we have two, maybe three teams this season instead of wondering whether Toulouse would slip up in the final last year. 

This season isnt much different to last season. Fev weren't that far behind Toulouse and only lost 1 game (to Toulouse) in the league all season. Toulouse were better in the end and deserved to win but it was a two horse race.

It will be a two horse race this season with FT Leigh and PT Fev again. Leigh are understandably favourites as they are FT and have signed well. Very similar season in store to last year and I think Leigh will take it in the end.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

You can still get the same odds for Featherstone to win the Grand Final as you can Leigh on SkyBet. 

I hope Fev come up. I’ve never been, they seem well run and they’ve usually had good games against Super League clubs in the cup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I hope Fev come up. I’ve never been, they seem well run and they’ve usually had good games against Super League clubs in the cup. 

Can you only go to Superleague games ?

• Like 5

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

13 minutes ago, Griff said:

Can you only go to Superleague games ?

I’ve no real interest in attending games not involving my side, barring Magic Weekend and Grand Finals/Cup Finals tbh, the same as the majority of RL fans. 

Edited by Jughead
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, POR said:

Featherstone Rovers have made three  signings ahead of the new season in the shape of Adam Cuthbertson, Ryley Jacks and Ben Mathiou.

I hope you get more out of Cuths than he showed on the pitch at York , off the pitch he was involved in all sorts,

ladies team and ALWAYS in hospitality on matchdays engaging with supporters.

The blurb on our site has him as player/coach and he and Mac know each other pretty well so looks good.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’ve no real interest in attending games not involving my side, barring Magic Weekend and Grand Finals/Cup Finals tbh, the same as the majority of RL fans. 

The majority of fans aren't interested in your side 😉

2 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

This season isnt much different to last season. Fev weren't that far behind Toulouse and only lost 1 game (to Toulouse) in the league all season. Toulouse were better in the end and deserved to win but it was a two horse race.

It will be a two horse race this season with FT Leigh and PT Fev again. Leigh are understandably favourites as they are FT and have signed well. Very similar season in store to last year and I think Leigh will take it in the end.

I'd have Fev as favourites ATM , we'll know more about Leigh's squad 5/6 weeks in , it's light on numbers to do a full season IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Oh well, that's better than I thought.  I was worried it might be a bail condition.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

2 hours ago, Stirlin said:

I hope you get more out of Cuths than he showed on the pitch at York

I hope they get the same. 

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

52 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I'd have Fev as favourites ATM , we'll know more about Leigh's squad 5/6 weeks in , it's light on numbers to do a full season IMO

It doesn't really matter what the squads look like right now

It's obvious that Featherstone and Leigh will finish in the to Top 2 positions after the regular. Barring freak results, nobody else in the Championship will win a game against them. So it really will all come down to the Play Offs

Let's look at the squads just before the Play Offs.

FWIW, Leigh having a thinner squad right now might be savvy. Holding back a chunk of money to bring a couple of big money players just before the play offs might be a masterstroke.

15 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

It doesn't really matter what the squads look like right now

It's obvious that Featherstone and Leigh will finish in the to Top 2 positions after the regular. Barring freak results, nobody else in the Championship will win a game against them. So it really will all come down to the Play Offs

Let's look at the squads just before the Play Offs.

FWIW, Leigh having a thinner squad right now might be savvy. Holding back a chunk of money to bring a couple of big money players just before the play offs might be a masterstroke.

In a way, I can foresee that this year will be similar to 2021 in that there will be a gap between the top two and the chasing pack. Last year, Toulouse stuck faith in a squad that had broadly grown and developed over a number of years and with a handful of additions it served them well. That's the real difference, in that Leigh have a virtually new squad and are quite likely to bank on bringing in more quality at the business end of the season.

Will it work? It will be good finding out. 

Edited by gazza77
Typo
  • Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

36 minutes ago, Josef K said:

When a player is out on loan or dual registration who pays his wage, is it the club he has gone on loan from ?. 

The Parent club pays wages in all circumstances.....the receiving club may pay the parent club. 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I see where you are coming from and it could go either way, I just think the full time factor will be the difference. Fev have a lot of old players as well, I worry about the legs in the pack, particularly in the middle where we got bashed by Toulouse. We havent really added much there and have a small middle.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Featherstone are certainly building a quality squad and for me are favourites. Agree we could see Leigh and Featherstone pull away a little bit but the rest of the league is still going to be exciting. Playoffs will be tight and at the minute I don't think there's two teams who will be cut adrift at the bottom.

Leigh have a massive disadvantage in their ranks, their head coach. I don’t rate Lam in the slightest and it has shades of Cunningham and Leigh, this. If Lam plays the brand of rugby (if you could even call it that) was appalling and predictable. Even at Championship level, I have my doubts about Lam.