Championship this season

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Going forward,you’ve signed a 34 yr old Joel Tomkins.

In a league that this season included Danny Brough, Paul Sykes, Liam Finn, Rob Worrincy, Anthony Thackeray etc etc. that means he's got several seasons left in him 🙂  I doubt there's any team in the Championship that would turn him down.

8 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

One had a good game in a GF the other got relegated - I will let you make your mind up the quality

Ben Flower played well in a couple of Grand Finals,how did that go for you.

Id take someone with a few years left in the tank who’s given 100% to a club.

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Ben Flower played well in a couple of Grand Finals,how did that go for you.

Id take someone with a few years left in the tank who’s given 100% to a club.

Fair enough , nobody is saying Jordan isn't a good player , I'm sure we would have liked to have kept him , but he's took an offer closer to home , his choice , we all wish him well except when playing against us , thank you Jordan for your efforts and commitment to our club , I hope you enjoyed your time/s with us 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dkw said:

Newcastle sign Alex Foster, excellent signing that.

Yeah good signing for Newcastle that. Fax spoke to him but by all accounts he was asking for SL money. Quality player and was excellent for us when we had him on loan. That is the sort of player that Leigh should really be in for which shows the task ahead for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah good signing for Newcastle that. Fax spoke to him but by all accounts he was asking for SL money. Quality player and was excellent for us when we had him on loan. That is the sort of player that Leigh should really be in for which shows the task ahead for them.

Just more competition now for players,  which is good.  If I am an ambitious FT player than Newcastle as a prospect is a bit more entincing than Leigh. 

• Like 2

On 17/10/2021 at 10:00, GUBRATS said:

He has the skills , but something else lacking , the best HB's the world has seen have had an attitude , an arrogance , a confidence , Josh just doesn't seem to have that 

Interesting to read your views on Woods. He was good for us at Swinton and I thought he played well against us for Newcastle this season. You may be right about him not reaching SL heights again, his kicking isn't brilliant and he perhaps lacks a yard of speed but he's young for a HB and I think he'll be playing at a good standard for many years. Would take him back at the Lions in a flash.

Fax sign Brad Knowles from Sheffield. Certainly an upgrade on our outgoing players and looking forward to seeing him in a Fax shirt. Like most teams though I still think we could do with a couple of big nasty props but there does not seem to be much out there in the way of options. By all accounts we have at least another 6 signings to announce so maybe there is a surprise or two in there.