FRANCE AWAY

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both the men's and women's matches shown live on the BBC. After worrying if they would be shown at all to get both on BBC1 and BBC2 respectively is quite a result:

International rugby league will return to BBC television screens with England men's and women's teams featuring in a double-header against France.

The two matches, played back-to-back at Perpignan's Stade Gilbert Brutus on 23 October, will be shown live on BBC One and BBC Two respectively.

France v England: International rugby league double-header on BBC television on 23 October - BBC Sport

21 minutes ago, Wire197 said:

We found some cheap flights from Stansted to Bezier so booked! I’ve never been to a game in Perpignan, does anyone know which is the best stand for away fans?

Away fans normally go in Puig Aubert which is the end stand.

There is nothing to stop you buying a ticket for any stand really.  I sat in Guasch about 7 rows back for a few seasons but you might be able to get a seat in the lower levels nearer the pitch.

Bonsoms is known as the best stand and for this game I think will be the easiest to get a seat but the most expensive.

Give them a call.  I would get in Guasch if you can.  Better atmosphere.

13 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

What’s the French squad likely to be ?

It's looking like their depth will be tested a bit unfortunately, Garcia sustained a badly broken hand in the final, Bousquet also picked up an injury and Fages is still ruled out through shoulder surgery. 

On the flip side Clark, Williams and McGillvary have already been ruled out and I believe Tomkins will be ruled out in the coming days.

England should even it up and send the academy team to play, Seriously although this is being played on French soil and they will have the backing of 99% of the attendees, I can't see any further than a resounding easy England victory, even with a team that will be well short of what England would deem full strength.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

England should even it up and send the academy team to play, Seriously although this is being played on French soil and they will have the backing of 99% of the attendees, I can't see any further than a resounding easy England victory, even with a team that will be well short of what England would deem full strength.

Both teams won’t be at full strength, but France have much less depth to their squad. Without Jullian Bousquet for France, Mikolaj Oledski and Alex Walmsley will steam roll them down the middle of the field, even more so if Tom Burgess plays too. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Both teams won’t be at full strength, but France have much less depth to their squad. Without Jullian Bousquet for France, Mikolaj Oledski and Alex Walmsley will steam roll them down the middle of the field, even more so if Tom Burgess plays too. 

Yep, Perpignan or Leigh (last 3 games, I think) the outcome will be the same.

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That would be an insult to the French team though Harry and would probably make it much harder to sell tickets. The last thing they need is some mickey-mouse event.

Better they get beaten by 30(?) and know where they stand. If the blokes in the team really love playing for France, and we have to assume they do, this should inspire them rather than have  the opposite effect. Especially with all the positivity around French Rugby League at the moment.

They might just see this as the game that French Rugby League begins its` journey back to tier One status. 

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

A bit like England V Australia then,maybe when the Aussies decide to play tests again we should ask them to just send the schoolboys team over.

2 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Any ideas as to why Joe Chan hasn't been picked? It's a decent (and young) French squad really considering their 3 best players are injured but they look short in the second row.

I suspect it may be another couple of months until he is eligible under the 5 year residency requirement. I stumbled across an older article on his brother Tiaki that stated the family came across to France in early 2017 which would leave the boys just short.

If that is correct info he'll obviously be eligible come the 2022 WC.

Archived