Useless! Is that from the RFL?

Yes!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

The team doesn’t look close to our best but, it’s an international, away in france, which we should do every year. It’s got us live coverage on BBC and if a weaker team makes it closer for the French then I’m fine with that. Would like this to be every year as our mid season international. Start to build up a regular international calendar. It gets cut through like nothing else.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

1 hour ago, UTK said:

England team list.

Extremely surprised Newman hasn't made the side, the rest is probably as expected. No disrespect intended to Lyne or Hardaker but Newman is the future so surely this game is perfect for giving him a debut.

Completely agree Newman should be the 1st choice centre from that squad, I, didn’t realise the England team had already been posted. Interested to see the French team.

28 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Ticket sales look pretty shocking for this game so buckle up!

Just had a look through the ticketing website. Maybe 4,000 sold? The stand behind the goalposts is essentially empty, while the side that will be on the TV looks like it has sold pretty well, albeit that it is tiny.

50 minutes ago, Abicus said:

Just had a look through the ticketing website. Maybe 4,000 sold? The stand behind the goalposts is essentially empty, while the side that will be on the TV looks like it has sold pretty well, albeit that it is tiny.

What did you expect? A trouncing is a coming.

31 minutes ago, Paul Kempster said:

I seem to remember Brisbane were the whipping boys at first in State of Origin but the Aussies persisted with it and I think France v England could be a fantastic game

By Brisbane do you mean Queensland who won something like 7 out of the first 10 series ?

32 minutes ago, Paul Kempster said:

I seem to remember Brisbane were the whipping boys at first in State of Origin but the Aussies persisted with it and I think France v England could be a fantastic game

Could being the operative word..Of course.

i don't think this match will get a very big crowd at all.  

There is very little visibility of it here in France, and England's fans are not exactly known for travelling around to support their team (or even going to home matches!)

The French team looks quite weak as well, so I think it will be an easy win for England, which also probably puts a lot of people off attending.

16 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Well it will be a shame if it it down but i couldnt get time off work and for some covid makes life difficult.  

Lets see what the crowd is but crucially the tv figures are. Cant build an event if it is only once in a blue moon.  

We have france in 2022 then lets make it happen in 2023  

Can’t wait.

52 minutes ago, Grand Est said:

i don't think this match will get a very big crowd at all.  

There is very little visibility of it here in France, and England's fans are not exactly known for travelling around to support their team (or even going to home matches!)

The French team looks quite weak as well, so I think it will be an easy win for England, which also probably puts a lot of people off attending.

I think maybe 5/6000 but let's see Luc and the FFR13 are determined to build things and i am certain they will and everyone is 100% behind them. 

Let's do it.

BTW sponsorship now sold out with several left disappointed internationals are the way to go:

Paul

16 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

You obviously knew what I meant.

I’m not getting into the realms of tv licences Keith.  But the majority in this sport if it’s broadcasted on terrestrial tv is a winner for the sport.

Game is now being televised in Aus

SCRUM-FREE TEST

Fox Sports has secured the rights to Saturday night’s France-England Test, which holds particular interest because it will be played without scrums.

Eliminating scrums has been an argument around the NRL for years, with some pushing for it and others in fierce resistance.

The Test, in Perpignan, gives supporters a chance to witness the scrum-less game at high level. Roosters coach Trent Robinson will be one interested observer, with Robinson a director of the French rugby league. Coverage starts 9.55pm Saturday.

Archived