Small time SL reaction to the prospect of having Toulouse in their league

18 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Shame as Wakefield have had one of the best pitches in the country for a long time. But needs must and 7-day income is paramount.

Carter did say mid season that due to a lack of investment in the pitch, which he held his hand up to, the pitch looked good but was on its way out.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Morris Wanchuk said:

Carter did say mid season that due to a lack of investment in the pitch, which he held his hand up to, the pitch looked good but was on its way out.

Fair point.

It looks much better than it did when I played on it as a kid in the late 1980s. Those April/May Cup finals the ground was rock hard and lethal.

6 hours ago, JonM said:

Perhaps worth observing that the T.O president has been talking to the media about the extra millions they'll make from the UK TV deal and thousands of traveling British fans, plus the large number of away fans for the derby with CatalansĀ 

Away fans ? , I hope they aren't ' budgeting ' for any , what a tinpot club šŸ˜‰

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

Shame as Wakefield have had one of the best pitches in the country for a long time. But needs must and 7-day income is paramount.

To be fair , given the rest of the stadium it's not like the grass was in the shade at any time šŸ˜‰

To be serious there needs to be a time limit put on clubs to get their stadiums up to scratch or its goodbye to SL.

Wakefield and Castleford stadiums (If you can call them that) are an embarrassment to SL I would set a 2 year limit.

Better still bite the bullet and share a new stadium with Castleford.

In reality though down the line I predict there will be no more than 6 of the current M62 SL clubs in SL some clubs are simply not sustainable and would be far better off in a vibrant Championship.

SL needs to make some tough decisions in the next few months.

Paul

3 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

To be serious there needs to be a time limit put on clubs to get their stadiums up to scratch or its goodbye to SL.

Wakefield and Castleford stadiums (If you can call them that) are an embarrassment to SL I would set a 2 year limit.

In reality though down the line I predict there will be no more than 6 of the current M62 SL clubs in SL some clubs are simply not sustainable and would be far better off in a vibrant Championship.

Paul

Sharing a stadium would kill one or both clubs.

Biting the bullet would be accepting that League 2 football club sized organisations should not be treated as if they were the size of a club in the Championship or Premier League.

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

I actually think Wakey and Cas days in Super League are numbered unless they do something about their dump of grounds.

They have had plenty of years to do something about them and only pay lip service to new grounds or refurb grounds

8 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I actually think Wakey and Cas days in Super League are numbered unless they do something about their dump of grounds.

They have had plenty of years to do something about them and only pay lip service to new grounds or refurb grounds

Dave from lupset will always knock up a drawing.

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

2 year limit ? They've had over 25 years!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ian Lenagan has publicly come out with a statement very supportive of Toulouse and claim 80-85% agree, so if he is correct that's essentially just one or two chairmen who don't want them in SL:

Lenagan welcomes Toulouse to Super League ā€“ TotalRL.com | Rugby League Express | Rugby League World

4 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Ian Lenagan has publicly come out with a statement very supportive of Toulouse and claim 80-85% agree, so if he is correct that's essentially just one or two chairmen who don't want them in SL:

Lenagan welcomes Toulouse to Super League ā€“ TotalRL.com | Rugby League Express | Rugby League World

And probably only one of them will be left after 2022.

9 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Lenegan has been very consistent with his support of Toulouse for some years.

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

They may feel that national rather than International leagues suit the sport of RLĀ 

International sport is the big money driver, we don't have any decent form of nation v nation international calendar, we can negate that by having a true European SL

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

Ā 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived