Small time SL reaction to the prospect of having Toulouse in their league

4 hours ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Always nice to see these things turning into Wakefield bashing sessions, however the club is trying to do exactly what you are proposing. Whether it comes off is another matter though! 

And when they do after the best part of taking millions in tv money over 20 years we'll rightly praise them for it.

15 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

To be fair he's usually one of the more vocal ones but your right, nothing has been confirmed. I just posted what most were probably thinking. 

Understandable, because Mr Carter does not mince his words and is open to talk to the media, he will be one of their first the reporters contact.

23 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Strip down to your boxers and move quickly towards her, she will do a runner that's for sure😏

I wasn't ready for that reply Harry....hang in there Old Chum.  Missing all of our arguments...you are a hard man to defeat in written battle.

• Haha 1

Perhaps worth observing that the T.O president has been talking to the media about the extra millions they'll make from the UK TV deal and thousands of traveling British fans, plus the large number of away fans for the derby with Catalans 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JonM said:

Perhaps worth observing that the T.O president has been talking to the media about the extra millions they'll make from the UK TV deal and thousands of traveling British fans, plus the large number of away fans for the derby with Catalans 

Must admit I was gutted not to get the chance to go to a Toronto away game but Toulouse being so much easier and cheaper to get to will do instead, I expect loads of people will go, in the first season at least. It may impact on numbers travelling to Catalans away though, if people don’t want to do two French away games a year. 

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Must admit I was gutted not to get the chance to go to a Toronto away game but Toulouse being so much easier and cheaper to get to will do instead, I expect loads of people will go, in the first season at least. It may impact on numbers travelling to Catalans away though, if people don’t want to do two French away games a year. 

Recommend staying in carcassonne and travelling up to tls on the train too if you're on a budget. Cheaper flight. Nice town.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

.... after the best part of taking millions in tv money over 20 years ...

Wouldn't it have been a little less unreasonable to say: earning millions in tv money, in the same way as, say, Leeds or Wigan or any of the other teams who have maintained a place in Super League?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cerulean said:

Wouldn't it have been a little less unreasonable to say: earning millions in tv money, in the same way as, say, Leeds or Wigan or any of the other teams who have maintained a place in Super League?

The years they were protected from relegation, no. The constant voting to keep money from other clubs like leigh last year for protectionism, no. Wakefield have contributed little to the comp for many years. 

I want Wakefield to be more competitive.  They can only do that by sorting out the ground,  getting the 3g down and growing their own fanbase and commercial income. 

They have had plenty of time and if they camt do that I want them out very quickly for teams (like Newcastle and York) who can and will. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

The years they were protected from relegation, no. The constant voting to keep money from other clubs like leigh last year for protectionism, no. Wakefield have contributed little to the comp for many years. 

I want Wakefield to be more competitive.  They can only do that by sorting out the ground,  getting the 3g down and growing their own fanbase and commercial income. 

They have had plenty of time and if they camt do that I want them out very quickly for teams (like Newcastle and York) who can and will. 

Wow I can feel the faux outrage emitting from your armchair up here! FWIW Newcastle and York appear to be building nicely in the Championship and if and when their time comes then good luck to em.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Understandable, because Mr Carter does not mince his words and is open to talk to the media, he will be one of their first the reporters contact.

If he keeps stripping back and stripping back Wakefield's squad through cost cutting his time as a SLE director will be coming to an end very soon. Then he can cherp all he wants from the back benches.

41 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Wow I can feel the faux outrage emitting from your armchair up here! FWIW Newcastle and York appear to be building nicely in the Championship and if and when their time comes then good luck to em.

Not, just people who either kae bad faith arguments or are not actually contributing to the discussion in a meaningful way. Not going to feed trolls anymore so that´s a mute I´m afraid. 

24 minutes ago, Scubby said:

If he keeps stripping back and stripping back Wakefield's squad through cost cutting his time as a SLE director will be coming to an end very soon. Then he can cherp all he wants from the back benches.

Oh, I think what he would have to say would be very interesting, I can't for one minute think he has disclosed everything said or disclosed from the comments and intentions spoken in the hallowed halls of the SL Chairmen's meetings, lots more beans to be spilled I should think.

6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Not, just people who either kae bad faith arguments or are not actually contributing to the discussion in a meaningful way. Not going to feed trolls anymore so that´s a mute I´m afraid. 

You made a list of things you thought Wakefield should be doing, I replied that the club are trying to do those things, redeveloped stand however is reliant on a developer doing the right thing for a change. New floodlights have just being fitted, a 4g pitch is being laid in the close season. How’s that trolling?

you mentioned a couple of clubs and I’ve wished em well. Mute away mate!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

You made a list of things you thought Wakefield should be doing, I replied that the club are trying to do those things, redeveloped stand however is reliant on a developer doing the right thing for a change. New floodlights have just being fitted, a 4g pitch is being laid in the close season. How’s that trolling?

you mentioned a couple of clubs and I’ve wished em well. Mute away mate!

Shame as Wakefield have had one of the best pitches in the country for a long time. But needs must and 7-day income is paramount.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Shame as Wakefield have had one of the best pitches in the country for a long time. But needs must and 7-day income is paramount.

Carter did say mid season that due to a lack of investment in the pitch, which he held his hand up to, the pitch looked good but was on its way out.

• Like 1

Just now, Morris Wanchuk said:

Carter did say mid season that due to a lack of investment in the pitch, which he held his hand up to, the pitch looked good but was on its way out.

Fair point.

It looks much better than it did when I played on it as a kid in the late 1980s. Those April/May Cup finals the ground was rock hard and lethal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JonM said:

Away fans ? , I hope they aren't ' budgeting ' for any , what a tinpot club 😉

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

To be fair , given the rest of the stadium it's not like the grass was in the shade at any time 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To be serious there needs to be a time limit put on clubs to get their stadiums up to scratch or its goodbye to SL.

Wakefield and Castleford stadiums (If you can call them that) are an embarrassment to SL I would set a 2 year limit.

Better still bite the bullet and share a new stadium with Castleford.

In reality though down the line I predict there will be no more than 6 of the current M62 SL clubs in SL some clubs are simply not sustainable and would be far better off in a vibrant Championship.

SL needs to make some tough decisions in the next few months.

Paul

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

To be serious there needs to be a time limit put on clubs to get their stadiums up to scratch or its goodbye to SL.

Wakefield and Castleford stadiums (If you can call them that) are an embarrassment to SL I would set a 2 year limit.

In reality though down the line I predict there will be no more than 6 of the current M62 SL clubs in SL some clubs are simply not sustainable and would be far better off in a vibrant Championship.

Paul

Sharing a stadium would kill one or both clubs.

Biting the bullet would be accepting that League 2 football club sized organisations should not be treated as if they were the size of a club in the Championship or Premier League.

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

I actually think Wakey and Cas days in Super League are numbered unless they do something about their dump of grounds.

They have had plenty of years to do something about them and only pay lip service to new grounds or refurb grounds

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I actually think Wakey and Cas days in Super League are numbered unless they do something about their dump of grounds.

They have had plenty of years to do something about them and only pay lip service to new grounds or refurb grounds

Dave from lupset will always knock up a drawing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2