Early start for the championship?

tms

1 minute ago, paulwalker71 said:

Setting aside this last season as a COVID-riddled aberration, this isn't especially early

2020 season started on Sunday February 2nd

2019 season started on Sunday February 3rd

The only thing not announced yet are the dates for the challenge cup I guess. That could kick off the season earlier

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

With the World Cup in 2022 it makes sense to start the Super League and Championship early. The Grand Finals over here should be on the same weekend as the NRL Grand Final in a World Cup year.

Why have them on the same weekend? 

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

We will start the World Cup at the same time, to give ourselves a chance we need the same time to prepare for the World Cup and not give Samoa, Tonga, Australia and New Zealand an additional week to us. 

Or vice versa, if our game is a week earlier. Better to start the season as soon as is feasible I think. Shame it’s too late to reduce the number of loop fixtures too. 

Just now, Eddie said:

Or vice versa, if our game is a week earlier. Better to start the season as soon as is feasible I think. Shame it’s too late to reduce the number of loop fixtures too. 

Oh absolutely but the NRL Grand Final is always before the Super League Grand Final, I thought getting them on the same weekend was more realistic.

9 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

We will start the World Cup at the same time, to give ourselves a chance we need the same time to prepare for the World Cup and not give Samoa, Tonga, Australia and New Zealand an additional week to us. 

Are PNG, Cook Islands, Fiji, Italy, Greece, Lebanon, nearly all Southern Hemisphere player's not coming, and you can also include a number of the  Scottish, Welsh and Irish representative player's.

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Far far too early, Leigh have only got 6 player's signed on for next season, could I please request a delay to the start of the season perhap's first weekend of June '22 as with their current recruitment programme they will need that amount of time to assemble a squad .......... of 18.

more than 18 already Harry owd chap - you are starting to panic in your later years

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Give me a list please Sweaty, or direct me to one, I get all the club emails and nothing reference to new signings

Did you get the sponsorship one? When they see your money they let you into things but ask that you keep mum about them. Cost me £6k to sponsor our new NRL centre for 2022

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Far far too early, Leigh have only got 6 player's signed on for next season, could I please request a delay to the start of the season perhap's first weekend of June '22 as with their current recruitment programme they will need that amount of time to assemble a squad .......... of 18.

Oh to have 6 players signed 🙂   London have one signed, and he is also a teacher... Not sure how that works for Monday night games in Cumbria...... 

Archived