David Fafita comments

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m just flabbergasted that he has not been asked to explain these comments . Does he mean he prefers to work with Polynesian or Aboriginal players as opposed to players of European decent ? . How in the hell can this be acceptable, If Harry Grant said , Love playing at Melbourne heaps of White kids Heaps of European kids , The NRL would fall over itself to ban him and social media would light up .

8 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

I’m just flabbergasted that he has not been asked to explain these comments . Does he mean he prefers to work with Polynesian or Aboriginal players as opposed to players of European decent ? . How in the hell can this be acceptable, If Harry Grant said , Love playing at Melbourne heaps of White kids Heaps of European kids , The NRL would fall over itself to ban him and social media would light up .

We arnt flabbergasted by your post - every one of your posts is either complaining or trying to get a rise.

Any comments on the Lg1 playoff at the weekend? - or Championship playof?

You do know there is an NRL section on here don't you lad? 

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

We arnt flabbergasted by your post - every one of your posts is either complaining or trying to get a rise.

Any comments on the Lg1 playoff at the weekend? - or Championship playof?

You do know there is an NRL section on here don't you lad? 

Not trying to get a rise just asking for other people’s views and thoughts on if that is or is not a racist comment on his part , and if it’s not why? . Just posing s question.

It may have been on other platforms as well but here is the NRL.com interview. 

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/10/12/i-need-to-be-better-fifita-primed-for-bigger-2022/

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Any chance of a link to the full article and quote rather than just a cherry picked sentence 

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/10/12/i-need-to-be-better-fifita-primed-for-bigger-2022/

Like I say I may be wrong or I may have a point , I’m only stating the point that in my opinion , comments from a player of European heritage about players heaps of players of European heritage would be unacceptable. And should he therefore be asked to explain what he meant by his comments. 

Just now, RL Tragic said:

Like I say I may be wrong or I may have a point , I’m only stating the point that in my opinion , comments from a player of European heritage about players heaps of players of European heritage would be unacceptable. And should he therefore be asked to explain what he meant by his comments. 

Don’t worry about it mate, take a chill pill and watch telly.

43 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

Why ? It’s a valid question open for valid answers.

Why do you need to know other people's opinions on this? To validate your own??

If you find it racist... then say so and act on it. It matters not what other people think.

I'm not the slightest bit offended, annoyed, put out etc.

Have a rolo and watch some telly

Fifita is a player I enjoy watching and so I actually read this interview earlier today before this thread came up.

I actually understood his comments as meaning there was a good mix of lads at the Titans... and in the previous paragraph he mentions a few who helped him settle in... a couple indigenous, a Polynesian and a guy of European heritage (I assume).

Nothing in this at all for me.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Personally  i can't see anything wrong he's just stating the players nationalities he likes playing RL with. He hasn't said he doesn't like playing with any other nationalities, won't be able to say anything soon.

Ok so are you saying if James Tedesco said the same comment about Players of European heritage then that would be seen as ok and he wouldn’t be asked by the NRL to explain what he meant by his comments.

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Why do you need to know other people's opinions on this? To validate your own??

If you find it racist... then say so and act on it. It matters not what other people think.

I'm notvthe slightest bit offended, annoyed, put out etc.

Have a rolo and watch some telly

2 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

Ok so are you saying if James Tedesco said the same comment about Players of European heritage then that would be seen as ok and he wouldn’t be asked by the NRL to explain what he meant by his comments.

I believe the English players at Canberra will have said having the other English lads there was a major positive for them

25 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

Thanks. To be fair he seems to cover many of the team. This falls very much in the nothing to see here category for me. I see little difference between what he has said and someone saying about loving it at Canberra because of all the English lads or a kiwi being happy at a club in England because there are a few Kiwis.

"My first year with the Titans was an enjoyable one for myself," Fifita said.

"I've made a lot of new friends here and the older lads really took me in - Kevvy Proctor, J-Wal (Jarrod Wallace), Corey Thompson and Ash Taylor - they were the boys that helped bring me in.

"I like the lads, we've got a good group here, heaps of Indigenous boys and Polynesian boys.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I believe the English players at Canberra will have said having the other English lads there was a major positive for them

Not surprised- have you ever been in a pub with a load of Aussies- no humour and crack....🤣 no wonder they need the British sense of humour to survive.

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Fifita is a player I enjoy watching and so I actually read this interview earlier today before this thread came up.

I actually understood his comments as meaning there was a good mix of lads at the Titans... and in the previous paragraph he mentions a few who helped him settle in... a couple indigenous, a Polynesian and a guy of European heritage (I assume).

Nothing in this at all for me.

I also enjoy watching him play , he’s phenomenal, not in question at all . Regarding your comments no he specifically didn’t mention heaps of European heritage players in his comments . This leads to two questions.

1/ is it ok if he doesn’t enjoy playing with players of European heritage.

2/ would this be ok if it came from a player of European heritage.

no one seems to be answering those questions, 

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

Thanks. To be fair he seems to cover many of the team. This falls very much in the nothing to see here category for me. I see little difference between what he has said and someone saying about loving it at Canberra because of all the English lads or a kiwi being happy at a club in England because there are a few Kiwis.

"My first year with the Titans was an enjoyable one for myself," Fifita said.

"I've made a lot of new friends here and the older lads really took me in - Kevvy Proctor, J-Wal (Jarrod Wallace), Corey Thompson and Ash Taylor - they were the boys that helped bring me in.

"I like the lads, we've got a good group here, heaps of Indigenous boys and Polynesian boys.

I totally see where you are coming from , my thoughts on that though are that with the English players at Canberra and Kiwis in England they are all Expatriates. David is Australian playing for an Australian club , I just wonder if his comment creates more divisions than inclusions . 

Archived