David Fafita comments

1 hour ago, RL Tragic said:

I’m just flabbergasted that he has not been asked to explain these comments . Does he mean he prefers to work with Polynesian or Aboriginal players as opposed to players of European decent ? . How in the hell can this be acceptable, If Harry Grant said , Love playing at Melbourne heaps of White kids Heaps of European kids , The NRL would fall over itself to ban him and social media would light up .

🎣

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RL Tragic said:

I also enjoy watching him play , he’s phenomenal, not in question at all . Regarding your comments no he specifically didn’t mention heaps of European heritage players in his comments . This leads to two questions.

1/ is it ok if he doesn’t enjoy playing with players of European heritage.

2/ would this be ok if it came from a player of European heritage.

no one seems to be answering those questions, 

I'll be honest no one is taking you seriously that's probably why you're not getting the answers you're after. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

6 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I'll be honest no one is taking you seriously that's probably why you're not getting the answers you're after. 

6 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I think it’s more because no one wants to answer yes or explain why it would be a no . Don’t play down the quality of the question just answer it .

2 hours ago, RL Tragic said:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/10/12/i-need-to-be-better-fifita-primed-for-bigger-2022/

Like I say I may be wrong or I may have a point , I’m only stating the point that in my opinion , comments from a player of European heritage about players heaps of players of European heritage would be unacceptable. And should he therefore be asked to explain what he meant by his comments. 

Would people really care if a new English player for Canberra said it was great to play with so many other English players? I think not.

19 minutes ago, Bod said:

As always it's not those mentioned in the article who are one bit offended.

I’m not saying I’m offended!!!! . Just surprised . The question I keep asking that no one has yet sensibly and without vitriol answered is . If for example Daly cherry Evans joined for example Castleford and said 

"I like the lads, we've got a good group here, heaps of White boys and European  boys.

1/ would that be seen as ok .

2/ If Yes  there is no argument.

3/ If No why ?

1 minute ago, Copa said:

Would people really care if a new English player for Canberra said it was great to play with so many other English players? I think not.

1 minute ago, Copa said:

I think the difference as I have stated before is he is not saying that he is in another country 12,000miles away and it’s nice to be with some lads from the same place , He seems to be intimating that he prefers to play with Polynesian and indigenous players so more along racial lines than simply lads from the same country. I’m asking if A/ is that ok . B/ See Daly cherry Evans question above .

im not saying he’s wrong or right I’m saying I feel if a white player had made a similar statement then social media would have had a field day and they would be forced to apologise.

26 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

I’m not saying I’m offended!!!! . Just surprised . The question I keep asking that no one has yet sensibly and without vitriol answered is . If for example Daly cherry Evans joined for example Castleford and said 

"I like the lads, we've got a good group here, heaps of White boys and European  boys.

2/ If Yes  there is no argument.

3/ If No why ?

No, due to historical reasons. It's okay to call and Australian an Aussie but it's not okay to call a Pakistani a...

Cymru Am Byth/New South Wales

1 hour ago, LlanWests said:

No, due to historical reasons. It's okay to call and Australian an Aussie but it's not okay to call a Pakistani a...

It was ok in Australia to say that about Pakistanis for huge parts of my life. It was just another shortened version of their name like Aussies, kiwis etc . It was used in newspapers and TV when cricket was discussed.

I got a huge shock and was very confused when I discovered it was used as an insult in the UK.

8 hours ago, RL Tragic said:

Ok so are you saying if James Tedesco said the same comment about Players of European heritage then that would be seen as ok and he wouldn’t be asked by the NRL to explain what he meant by his comments.

Too many snowflakes now.

6 hours ago, LlanWests said:

Missing the point , 

6 hours ago, LlanWests said:

I never asked if saying Aussie was the same as the bad version of Pakistani . What I keep asking and what people keep avoiding asking is below , his exact words but changed for a white player . Nothing to do with saying Aussie?

I like the lads, we've got a good group here, heaps of White boys and European  boys.

2/ If Yes  there is no argument.

3/ If No why ?

4 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

Missing the point , 

I never asked if saying Aussie was the same as the bad version of Pakistani . What I keep asking and what people keep avoiding asking is below , his exact words but changed for a white player . Nothing to do with saying Aussie?

I like the lads, we've got a good group here, heaps of White boys and European  boys.

2/ If Yes  there is no argument.

3/ If No why ?

European, no. It's a cultural thing.

White, yes. It's a race thing.

Hope that helps.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

31 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Hope that helps.

31 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Hope that helps.

Is Polynesian and Indigenous not a racial categorisation ?  

Just now, RL Tragic said:

Is Polynesian and Indigenous not a racial categorisation ?  

I'll ask again.

Why is the so important to you that you keep pressing each contributor to expand their point.

If you find it racist.... then you find it racist. Act on it. Do something positive about it other than re-cycling comments on a message board. It's important racism is countered.

You don't need validation from me or anyone else to do that.

I don't believe it to be racist and as is previously suggested, comes under the banner "nothing to see here".

8 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm inclined to agree. Looking for something that isn't there.

To be honest, everyone bar one person has avoided answering the actual questions , there is not going to be anything there if you avoid it . So Robin can you answer the question I asked please.

16 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'll ask again.

Why is the so important to you that you keep pressing each contributor to expand their point.

If you find it racist.... then you find it racist. Act on it. Do something positive about it other than re-cycling comments on a message board. It's important racism is countered.

You don't need validation from me or anyone else to do that.

I don't believe it to be racist and as is previously suggested, comes under the banner "nothing to see here".

I am doing something about it I’m asking for others opinion to broaden the argument, I may learn something, discussion is how we should approach these subjects. I am pressing simply because people ( Bar one )are avoiding answering a perfectly reasonable question.

2 hours ago, RL Tragic said:

To be honest, everyone bar one person has avoided answering the actual questions

OK, let me answer your questions.

No, it would not be seen as OK if a white player stated that it was great to be at the club because there was 'heaps of white players' or 'heaps of players with European heritage'. 

Is it OK for Fifita to say he feels happy to be with heaps of other indigenous and Polynesian people... yes. 

Is it OK for a white person to say he feels happy to be with heaps of other white people... no.

Is there an inconsistency here? Of course there is, but that inconsistency is borne out of centuries of historical and cultural thinking and action which play out to this day.  You either don't get this or you get it but refuse to accept it because it doesn't support the point you are trying to make.

You don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

OK, let me answer your questions.

No, I would not be seen as OK if a white player stated that it was great to be at the club because there was 'heaps of white players' or 'heaps of players with European heritage'. 

Is it OK for Fifita to say he feels happy to be with heaps of other indigenous and Polynesian people... yes. 

Is it OK for a white person to say he feels happy to be with heaps of other white people... no.

Is there an inconsistency here? Of course there is, but that inconsistency is borne out of centuries of historical and cultural thinking and action which play out to this day.  You either don't get this or you get it but refuse to accept it because it doesn't support the point you are trying to make.

You don't have to like it, but that's the way it is.

Brilliant, thank you for answering  . Just to say I don’t like it and it is very unfair. So can I ask based on that And what my original point was is he being racist ( ie he prefers to work with teammates of colour) , but essentially in the current climate that’s ok . Is that statement correct.

12 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

Brilliant, thank you for answering  . Just to say I don’t like it and it is very unfair. So can I ask based on that And what my original point was is he being racist ( ie he prefers to work with teammates of colour) , but essentially in the current climate that’s ok . Is that statement correct.

He didn't say he preferred playing with teammates of colour, he simply stated that he enjoyed the fact that he had indigenous and Polynesian teammates around.  That is a very different thing and doesn't have to be racist at all.

p.s. I am not going to argue with you on this.  I have answered your questions and if you don't like the answers, fine but there is nothing else for me to add.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived