David Fafita comments

37 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

To be honest, everyone bar one person has avoided answering the actual questions , there is not going to be anything there if you avoid it . So Robin can you answer the question I asked please.

No. I'm not going to get into a long protracted discussion just to validate your point.

Again, if you think it's racist then it's racist to you. Act on it. Take it up with those who govern that organisation. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

No. I'm not going to get into a long protracted discussion just to validate your point.

Again, if you think it's racist then it's racist to you. Act on it. Take it up with those who govern that organisation. 

Thank you for avoiding answering my question and therefore validating my point . Good work NRL on its continued drive for equality 😂( see Dunbar’s answers to the question) 

36 minutes ago, dkw said:

What do you want us to do about this thing that seems to have blown your mind?

I’m just commenting on that’s it seems to be extremely unfair that one group of players can’t say something another group can by reason of skin colour . 

16 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

I’m just commenting on that’s it seems to be extremely unfair that one group of players can’t say something another group can by reason of skin colour . 

He’s just implying he’s less likely to feel homesick and culturally isolated. It’s that simple. Like with a Pom that likes the other Poms in Canberra. You’re starting an argument from nothing.

4 minutes ago, Copa said:

He’s just implying he’s less likely to feel homesick and culturally isolated. It’s that simple. Like with a Pom that likes the other Poms in Canberra. You’re starting an argument from nothing.

No I’m not , he’s not homesick he was born raised plays for a team in and represents Queensland. As confirmed by Dunbar if a white player were to make the same comments it would be deemed racist .

5 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

No I’m not , he’s not homesick he was born raised plays for a team in and represents Queensland. As confirmed by Dunbar if a white player were to make the same comments it would be deemed racist .

Do you get really angry that blacks get to use the n word but when you say it people think it's wrong?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, RL Tragic said:

As a white Australian I don’t find it offensive at all. Most white Australians wouldn’t be offended either. In fact, your view would just confuse them.

White players are surrounded by white coaches, white doctors, white physiotherapists, white journalists, white TV commentators, mostly white crowds and mostly white fans while out and about. For a white player to say how good it is to have some white people around would just be odd as it’s already very normal for them everywhere.

As a person in a minority group it’s sometimes nice to be around people who “understand”. I’ve been in those shoes in another country.

Just now, gingerjon said:

Do you get really angry that blacks get to use the n word but when you say it people think it's wrong?

Silly comment, this is about him basically saying who he prefers as teammates. And me saying that seems a little unfair that a white player couldn’t say the same , and if he did would be branded a racist 

2 minutes ago, Copa said:

As a white Australian I don’t find it offensive at all. Most white Australians wouldn’t be offended either. In fact, your view would just confuse them.

White players are surrounded by white coaches, white doctors, white physiotherapists, white journalists, white TV commentators, mostly white crowds and mostly white fans while out and about. For a white player to say how good it is to have some white people around would just be odd as it’s already very normal for them everywhere.

As a person in a minority group it’s sometimes nice to be around people who “understand”. I’ve been in those shoes in another country.

Good points there . I take a lot from that .

2 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

Silly comment, this is about him basically saying who he prefers as teammates. And me saying that seems a little unfair that a white player couldn’t say the same , and if he did would be branded a racist 

Read Copa's response then. There would be no reason for any white player to say the same.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Read Copa's response then. There would be no reason for any white player to say the same.

Read it and commented that it was a very sensible and informative comment, I take a lot from that , I would ask though when demographic change happens in the club system, would the response to his comments change .

1 minute ago, RL Tragic said:

Read it and commented that it was a very sensible and informative comment, I take a lot from that , I would ask though when demographic change happens in the club system, would the response to his comments change .

It would depend on the nature of the change and the nature of the comments.

2 hours ago, RL Tragic said:

Do you have proof of this?

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

Do you have proof of this?

See Dunbar’s response to my question. And what proof do you require. If your answer to my earlier question on if a white player made the same comment ( scroll up ) would that be ok , is yes that would be fine , then I need no proof as my issue would be baseless, if your answer would be No then surely There is the proof of an inequality. I’m then open ideas as to why the may be the case as was beautifully put forward by Copa .

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

This is ultimately what this entire thread boils down to.

It's conjured up snowflakery of the worst kind, intended to bend reality and somehow make the poster the victim.

4 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

See Dunbar’s response to my question. And what proof do you require. If your answer to my earlier question on if a white player made the same comment ( scroll up ) would that be ok , is yes that would be fine , then I need no proof as my issue would be baseless, if your answer would be No then surely There is the proof of an inequality. I’m then open ideas as to why the may be the case as was beautifully put forward by Copa .

I havent gave an answer so I have no burden of proof at all. You on the other hand have based this entire ridiculous premise on something you cant substantiate, have no empiric evidence at all etc. 

So I`ll ask you this slowly, as you are obviously quite hard of thinking...

Has any white player ever been banned for saying anything akin to "Love playing at Melbourne heaps of White kids Heaps of European kids"

4 hours ago, RL Tragic said:

Is Polynesian and Indigenous not a racial categorisation ?  

4 hours ago, RL Tragic said:

Is Polynesian and Indigenous not a racial categorisation ?  

Context matters.

In this context, it is clearly a cultural categorisation. If I said there were Yorkshire boys in my camp, that cultural connection is important.

White is a race. The cultural differences across being white are vast. There is nothing about saying white boys that couldn't be seen as race-specific.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 minutes ago, RL Tragic said:

So, here is a quick question.

If you seem to accept my response that Fifita's remarks would be perceived differently to a 'white' player because of the cultural sensitivities and you have also accepted Copa's very articulate explanation of what those sensitives may be for an indigenous Rugby League player in Australia... why are you still fishing?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 minutes ago, dkw said:

I havent gave an answer so I have no burden of proof at all. You on the other hand have based this entire ridiculous premise on something you cant substantiate, have no empiric evidence at all etc. 

So I`ll ask you this slowly, as you are obviously quite hard of thinking...

Has any white player ever been banned for saying anything akin to "Love playing at Melbourne heaps of White kids Heaps of European kids"

I reasonably intelligent so no need to be rude , see my later posts for further information, ref the Melbourne comment the question was if they mirrored David Fifita comments would it been seen as racist . Also you state my view is ridiculous, Please intelligently looking st previous posts and discussion explain why you disagree. It downgrades your arguments when you get rude there is no need at all .

3 hours ago, RL Tragic said:

You keep going on about skin colour. Fifita never mentioned skin colour and you are trying to twist the debate.

Archived