Sam Burgess win Celebrity SAS Australia

Damien

Well done Sam:

Sam Burgess has opened up about his ‘rollercoaster’ experience on SAS Australia after finishing as the final star standing on the reality show.

The retired NRL player was the the only celebrity to pass selection on the gruelling military-style course that saw 18 competitors at the start of the series.

https://7news.com.au/sunrise/entertainment/sam-burgess-speaks-after-passing-sas-australia-selection-process-c-4221156

In a game full of tough men Sam Burgess stands out. However he seems the sort who would be brave no matter what the situation, not just brave within the confines of a relatively safe and structured sport.

I don't think we produce many like him anymore, woke, snowflakes, whatever you want to label it that is the reason they are a dying breed.

I'm sure others will disagree and let it be known their feelings have been hurt because we are all supposedly equal, well boo hoo, because we are not and I for one can accept that.

2 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

In a game full of tough men Sam Burgess stands out. However he seems the sort who would be brave no matter what the situation, not just brave within the confines of a relatively safe and structured sport.

I don't think we produce many like him anymore, woke, snowflakes, whatever you want to label it that is the reason they are a dying breed.

I'm sure others will disagree and let it be known their feelings have been hurt because we are all supposedly equal, well boo hoo, because we are not and I for one can accept that.

What are you going on about.

21 minutes ago, Click said:

What are you going on about.

He is trying to explain that we are not all equal.  And I think he has proved it.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

You ok hun?

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Are you OK is everything OK at home?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

4 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

You do realise Burgess only retired a couple of years ago dont you lad?

On 15/10/2021 at 18:37, Marauder said:

Paddy Mayne was 🙂 

From Wikipedia: "During the 1938 RU Lions tour it is said that Mayne relaxed by "wrecking hotels and fighting dockers". The man was a bit of a lunatic in the military field too, from what I've read.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

From Wikipedia: "During the 1938 RU Lions tour it is said that Mayne relaxed by "wrecking hotels and fighting dockers". The man was a bit of a lunatic, from what I've read.

Amazing story . I read Ben Macintyre’s book on the SAS and watched the TV series and Mayne came across as a scary guy , heroic to the point of recklessness but also pretty psychotic . It was very controversial that he wasn’t awarded a VC . He scared his mates so must have terrified the Germans. Stirling felt it necessary to rebuke him for over callous execution of the enemy in cold blood !

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It was very controversial that he wasn’t awarded a VC

I have a suspicion that, given his officially-documented war record, there may have been some more extreme "incidents" hushed up, which a VC might have caused to be unearthed.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 14/10/2021 at 00:05, Damien said:

Well done Sam:

Sam Burgess has opened up about his ‘rollercoaster’ experience on SAS Australia after finishing as the final star standing on the reality show.

The retired NRL player was the the only celebrity to pass selection on the gruelling military-style course that saw 18 competitors at the start of the series.

https://7news.com.au/sunrise/entertainment/sam-burgess-speaks-after-passing-sas-australia-selection-process-c-4221156

Saw a follow up interview with Sam regards him winning SAS Australia. The interviewer said that must have been the toughest thing you`ve ever done. Burgess laughed and said playing professional Rugby League was a darn sight harder than any thing he`d done on the show. 

He`s been caught up in some messy situations unfortunately for him since he retired, but the bloke always come across as a decent sort of bloke when interviewed and there isn`t another sport in Oz that has such a magnificent physical specimen as him participating in it, he`s a real advert for the sheer power game that League is.

When compared to our afl rivals we don`t get anywhere enough League players on these sort of reality shows, afl have them on everything, it`s a real failure in our relationship with Channel 9. Sam did himself and Rugby League proud participating on that show, and even better by winning it.

Spot on: "Well done Sam".

I’ve watched every episode and he’s the stand out candidate from the very first minute.

Throughout the show he is extremely honest about how he’s let down both himself and those who care for him. It really does sound as though he’s been through Tyson Furyesque break down and is through the other side of it.

He’s also honest enough to take the blame for his behaviour even though some of the stuff levelled at him by the media was very unfair.

Thers an AFL guy on the show who rather stupidly picks out Sam for the milling session. He genuinely thinks he’s got Burgess’s measure but then gets absolutely rinsed and repeatedly pole axed by Sam!

You do get the feeling that he was performing within his capabilities during the physical and mentally tough challenges, except one. Watch out for him crawling through the long tube that is no wider than he is. Nightmare for most and he’s no different.

well done Sam

6 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Not sure Sam, with all the baggage at the moment, is the person to champion until all that is cleared up.

I would guess that this was a carefully chosen path on a PR rehabilitation.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived