New rules for 2022

Piggy's mate

Not so much new but scrums back, one on one ball steal, and injured players treated off the pitch. Interesting that Iro sits on the panel representing Championship clubs

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

49 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Not so much new but scrums back, one on one ball steal, and injured players treated off the pitch. Interesting that Iro sits on the panel representing Championship clubs

Scrums back will help us… I can see a certain move returning 

28 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Scrums back will help us… I can see a certain move returning 

Not the Ash Linsey spec...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

I suppose coaches might work moves around scrum personnel flexibility. Different moves can work depending who they keep out of the pack and the positions they take up. With uncontested scrums there's no value in packing down the old fashioned 6 forwards.

59 minutes ago, Knight panther said:

Whats changed with the one on one ball steal ?

Back to the old only one person in the tackle rather than players dropping off

17 hours ago, POR said:

For me if scrums are back they should make the starting 6 and replacement forwards pack down not the stand off  who can't tackle 🤣

Good luck with policing that.

You do remember the "good old days" of proper scrums when, occasionally, a loose forward might come out of the scrum, being replaced by one of the backs, in order to carry out a choreographed move, don't you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

20 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I suspect that the injured players rule will be exploited still. The change continues to allow the referee to use their discretion so, if an "injured" player is in a position that interferes with play, I expect the referee to still stop pay for treatment.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

32 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Good luck with policing that.

You do remember the "good old days" of proper scrums when, occasionally, a loose forward might come out of the scrum, being replaced by one of the backs, in order to carry out a choreographed move, don't you?

I do but that was when  you expected to  the ball  and go on the attack not hiding a player

13 hours ago, coolie said:

Does it mean "6 again" is still going to be used next season 🤔

In fairness, the 6 again rule already looks like it has gone the way of the grapple tackle, playing the ball from the mark, playing the ball with the foot, standing square at marker, feeding the scrum and contact with the head being an automatic sin bin. I.e. it was pretty much ignored and forgotten about throughout the playoffs. 

Archived