League structures !

silverfox

What's people's thoughts on the uncertainty  of the League  structures that's been talked about  .  I Listened to a pod cast where the two top men in RL were  doing a Q.A with supporters from different clubs . There was discussions on funding and league structures mostly . But the RL never gave a positive answer on anything that was talked about . All you got was ,we are looking at every possibility and that things will be a lot clearer in the coming weeks .  Last week Coventry chairman said if the central funding from the RL was the amount that seems to be getting talked about .There would be NO Rugby League in the Midlands .  After the Town match on Sunday the Doncaster chairman congratulated Town on there win ,but then said we don't know what we are going to do . Clubs in League 1 and it will affect some clubs in the Championship  they could fold, if the money off SKY isn't shared out , so that no clubs would have to take this drastic action . This last few week on the OurLeague app they have televised  the play off's for promotion  in both the Championship and L1 . And the standard  and entertainment of all these matches have been every bit as good to watch as many Super League matches  . These League's are a starting point or stepping stone from the amateur League for many a player  to get into the Super League . And if this dried up , there wouldn't be a Super League  . So why cant the men at the top see this ,and stop all the uncertainly that's going around and support every club .  

22 minutes ago, silverfox said:

What's people's thoughts on the uncertainty  of the League  structures that's been talked about  .  I Listened to a pod cast where the two top men in RL were  doing a Q.A with supporters from different clubs . There was discussions on funding and league structures mostly . But the RL never gave a positive answer on anything that was talked about . All you got was ,we are looking at every possibility and that things will be a lot clearer in the coming weeks .  Last week Coventry chairman said if the central funding from the RL was the amount that seems to be getting talked about .There would be NO Rugby League in the Midlands .  After the Town match on Sunday the Doncaster chairman congratulated Town on there win ,but then said we don't know what we are going to do . Clubs in League 1 and it will affect some clubs in the Championship  they could fold, if the money off SKY isn't shared out , so that no clubs would have to take this drastic action . This last few week on the OurLeague app they have televised  the play off's for promotion  in both the Championship and L1 . And the standard  and entertainment of all these matches have been every bit as good to watch as many Super League matches  . These League's are a starting point or stepping stone from the amateur League for many a player  to get into the Super League . And if this dried up , there wouldn't be a Super League  . So why cant the men at the top see this ,and stop all the uncertainly that's going around and support every club .  

Totally agree i haven't had sky for a few year - dont enjoy SL

Will get Premier Sport and i watch a lot of Our League.

Much more entertaining

59 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Unfortunately I think those clubs at the top who are desperate for sky money will already have made the decision that it will be 2 leagues of 10 and sod the rest. So even though we have made it to the championship we would have to have a great year to feature in that second 10. The signings being made by such as Halifax and Newcastle going full time shows clubs are going all out to finish in a position that guarantees them a place at the top table.  My only hope is that the quality and excitement generated over the play offs will open the eyes of those in the rfl that this game is not just about the elite few. It is about having solid foundations in place, allowing players to progress from their community clubs to league 1 and,  if good enough, then move up the ladder.  Losing 1 club due to any restructure would be 1 club too many but I fear that if these proposals get the go ahead more than 1 will disappear. To set out a restructure that would reduce the footprint of a sport, whether they are old established clubs or new expansion clubs is ridiculous and in my view would see the sport dying very quickly. I’ve followed the town for 56 years and if anything did happen to the club as a result of these proposed changes I would be lost to the sport and I don’t think I’d be on my own. Here’s hoping common sense prevails but that doesn’t seem to be something that those in charge of our game have much of. 

Super League is run by the 5 rich clubs whose Chairman only care about there clubs and sod everyone else. League 1 clubs put there heart and sole in running there clubs on very low incomes I agree totally that the monies should be shared fairly thro out all of the league's. Some clubs will be very worried on what has been said lately two divisions of 10 how can this work impossible there should be at least 16 teams in 2 divisions the club's would get more revenue through the season do away with top 8 play offs and make it two up two down. There needs to be a massive rethink on how the RfL is run from administration to the top dogs . To many free loaders on massive wages no wonder the games on a bad way

16 hours ago, pgilmour said:

Super League is run by the 5 rich clubs whose Chairman only care about there clubs and sod everyone else. League 1 clubs put there heart and sole in running there clubs on very low incomes I agree totally that the monies should be shared fairly thro out all of the league's. Some clubs will be very worried on what has been said lately two divisions of 10 how can this work impossible there should be at least 16 teams in 2 divisions the club's would get more revenue through the season do away with top 8 play offs and make it two up two down. There needs to be a massive rethink on how the RfL is run from administration to the top dogs . To many free loaders on massive wages no wonder the games on a bad way

Totally agree with you and I put all of this on a previous Forum Topic with almost 100 pages. See link at bottom.

As part of this discussion Martyn Sadler [RL Express] came up with a plan of a conference set up of 6 leagues with 2 SL, 2 conf and 2 L1 teams in each conference similar to NFL setup match wise not moneywise obviously  - fully explained that it would have a few big scores at first putting SL against L1 - but also explained that L1 would get bigger crowds for SL matches etc and that in turn would be financially better and over time the gap would close - but when he mentioned splitting the money a bit more even that is when the proverbial hit the fan 

All the SL members attacked him and gave every possible excuse against it and MS gave a polite good answer to everyone, - but was wasting his time they are not bothered about Rugby League in general just themselves.

The thing is none of the Super Greed teams will settle for anything less than them getting their 1.8M each - that is the only reason they are wanting 10 teams - Sky Money divided by 10 is better than Sky Money divided by 12.

Some people on the listing even said they didn't care about L1 teams and that only the ELITE mattered - if i remember correctly when it was mentioned that L1 would be worst hit one said "if any team cant survive without Sky money then they should fold" - Easy to say when you are getting 1.8 million per season!

When Sky money drops again they will end up with 8 - at one point after being constantly told only the ELITE matter and the fact that in the 25/now 26 years of Super Greed only 4 teams have ever won, then I said "those ELITE 4 team plus the French should F*** O** and have a 6 team SLEurope and take all the Sky money [which is what they want ] and leave us to have 2 leagues of 15"

We have just left a league of 10 and although all the teams in there are good to watch and try their best a league of ten is ######, At least if they go to 2 x 10 they will have the ###### leagues and it will leave a 16 team league for the rest if they all survive on the scraps?

League Restructure Thread (Merged Threads

People at the top will look after the clubs who always get looked after, they'll probably already know who the top 10 is and the 2nd 10 will be sorted by Championship league positions this year, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was a case of Barrow getting a place and Haven/Town being told they've got a place if they merge, if they don't then no place for either!

Haven't watched SL for a couple of years, also the Grand Final or CC final. The greed of the chairmen of the likes of Wigan and Saints makes me sick, they don't care about the games fantastic history or its future, it's all about now. As IanMac said, I wold be lost to the game if our club ceased to exist. Even though we've just escaped championship 1, I would love to be playing most of those teams next year in a 2 league system. I won't be holding my breath. 🙄😠

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

Gonna be some clubs go to the wall in the championship this season, went all in on expecting the new 10 team leagues to be coming in next year. This is why we’re seeing likes of Halifax, Newcastle throwing money around as if it’s on trees.

but if you don,t chuck a bit you are back in league 1 😉

Archived