Even more interesting

The Art of Hand and Foot

1 hour ago, RoddersRL2022 said:

๐Ÿ˜‚ GDX??? All that money I spent on the club front of shirt/back of shorts and Socks sponsorship and you get the name wrong.... Want a credit note now... Come and say hello at the Forum ๐Ÿ‘

The thing is John, you've involved yourself in a club where we all feel we should be up there with Wigan, Warrington etc. We feel we are special. First home of the the Northern Union/RFL, 5 times challenge cup finalists, 3 times winners, population 237,000, Joseph Platt , son of Oldham , father of Rugby League.ย  A lot of us feel feel we have been dealt a sh!t hand. Tandle is just expressing the frustration some of us feel. As business man you know , buy at the bottom. You have made a good decision, BUT we need to be in Oldham. I promise you, do that and we'll start to thrive.ย 

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

The thing is John, you've involved yourself in a club where we all feel we should be up there with Wigan, Warrington etc. We feel we are special. First home of the the Northern Union/RFL, 5 times challenge cup finalists, 3 times winners, population 237,000, Joseph Platt , son of Oldham , father of Rugby League.ย  A lot of us feel feel we have been dealt a sh!t hand. Tandle is just expressing the frustration some of us feel. As business man you know , buy at the bottom. You have made a good decision, BUT we need to be in Oldham. I promise you, do that and we'll start to thrive.ย 

I get it and I will work hard with Chris and all the team, to achieve that.... Lots of hard work going on behind the scenes - Our supporters are vital to our future, let's succeed together!!ย  (GDX still going to ask for a credit note ๐Ÿ˜‰)

4 hours ago, jroyales said:

Tandle with your wonderful insight into Oldham I hope you will attend any public meeting organised by John so as to enable you to put everything straight!

To be fair the Swinton fans are still waiting for John to explain what he did or more importantly didn't do at Swinton.ย 

Had all our pants down .ย 

ย 

On 17/10/2021 at 22:25, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Time is of the essence...

The club is losing a generation of supporters as it is.

It needs a base in the town,or it will die.

ย 

25 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

But not whitebank. If it can't be boundary park then it needs to be an RL ground.

I donโ€™t see a problem with whitebank for one season. If itโ€™s cheap and we can invest heavier in playing staff to push for promotion then why not?

24 minutes ago, Happyed said:

I donโ€™t see a problem with whitebank for one season. If itโ€™s cheap and we can invest heavier in playing staff to push for promotion then why not?

Roots, hearts and minds, that's why not. We need a home. A home that will attract the next generation. We've tried whitebank, it's not that central and doesn't have the facilities. Boundary park does, but if we can't go there then I vote for st Anne's. It doesn't have the facilities, YET, but it's central and it's Rugby League at heart and soul. Promotion is not my number one priority, building up a base and heartland and support will follow, as will promotion. If we always do what we've always done, we'll always get what we've always got. As I've said before, if we had done it 5 years ago, where would we be now? No worse than we are nowย 

the best ground for one season is ashton utd .

if there as been a fallout between ashton and ch i suggest mr. roddy eats humble pie and goes to ashton utd, and asks can oldham go back there if the rent for one seasonย  is paid up front.

or two or thee supporters who are friends go to ashton them selfs and ask if this is possible. if it is then the supporters chip in and pay the rent including me.ย 

On 21/10/2021 at 18:10, Happyed said:

Promotion - will there be any?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 21/10/2021 at 18:10, Happyed said:

Whitebank costs same as Stalybridge per game. Avro want us to commit to longer term than just possibly one year then move if we get promoted,ย  which is understandable from them

mr rimmer of the rfl this week as stated that clubs could be notified about the restructoring and fundings of the clubs before christmas brilliant by the rfl.

but he is really pleased how the womens game as progressed if we needed a idiot to run the rfl we have got the best.

I certainly agree about Mr Rimmer - but the RFL leadership has been so poor for so many years now - I think the rot set in when Maurice Lindsay became chief exec.......no doubt Wigan fans would disagree - but we would not get any Wigan fan posting on championship or league 1 notice board would we ๐Ÿ™‚

Archived