Mark Campbell

Spidey

6 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

They may not be paradise ( far from it to be honest) but like many towns and cities they were devastated by Pit closures and other industries but its HOME and like Robin said we are very defensive. Anyway if you want a takeaway ,nail bar,hairdressers,or  barbers( then like many highstreets in the UK) this the place to be.

Never mind nail bars etc,are there any good pubs near POR and are there any more bars in the ground since the developments ? 
It’s a long bus journey from Wath Brow !!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I suppose what is missing from the press report is why the convicted individual went not guilty and argued the case.

Who the victim was.The extent of the damage;given the requirement for intention or recklessness.

Still,if the Featherstone Rovers followers are using the defence of old news not being important,then perhaps previous success by certain Super League clubs should be ignored when it comes to their power grab.

Disgraceful that the owner of any club should breach Covid regulations,and then breach the criminal law,within such a small timeframe.

Disgraceful that this forum should be accused of being anti-Leigh,when we have allegedly been anti-Fev,all along.

Perhaps we are just sick to the back teeth,of the great and good decision makers, giving the sport never-ending bad publicity.

There again human nature doesn't seem capable of improving...

It may be a bigger story...depending on the identity of the Audi owner.

Was also disgraceful that Bernard Guasch would publicly imply corruption within the referees and threaten to boycott future grand finals, don't believe I saw your outrage on that thread though. Funnily enough that particular thread barely made the second page of comments before it tumbled down off the front page of the forum. 

27 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

They may not be paradise ( far from it to be honest) but like many towns and cities they were devastated by Pit closures and other industries but its HOME and like Robin said we are very defensive. Anyway if you want a takeaway ,nail bar,hairdressers,or  barbers( then like many highstreets in the UK) this the place to be.

There must be a few bookies, cafes and second hand shops too then? And maybe a card shop? 

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Does anyone know what actually happened here, or is it just a good opportunity for an Internet forum kangaroo court? 

Kangaroo courts can’t happen over here as they don’t travel. They do have some warm up trials scheduled for February 

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I suppose what is missing from the press report is why the convicted individual went not guilty and argued the case.

Who the victim was.The extent of the damage;given the requirement for intention or recklessness.

Still,if the Featherstone Rovers followers are using the defence of old news not being important,then perhaps previous success by certain Super League clubs should be ignored when it comes to their power grab.

Disgraceful that the owner of any club should breach Covid regulations,and then breach the criminal law,within such a small timeframe.

Disgraceful that this forum should be accused of being anti-Leigh,when we have allegedly been anti-Fev,all along.

Perhaps we are just sick to the back teeth,of the great and good decision makers, giving the sport never-ending bad publicity.

There again human nature doesn't seem capable of improving...

It may be a bigger story...depending on the identity of the Audi owner.

Yawn zzzzzzz

9 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I believe that Mark Campbell, age 56, of Wakefield Road, Ackworth, was found guilty after a trial of criminal damage to an Audi car at Featherstone Rovers’ ground. He was given a 12-month conditional discharge, told to pay £500 compensation and £200 costs.

Not really a Kangaroo court: literally, Leeds Magistrate Court.

So basically did all in the grand scheme of things .

That's not how it works, though. It's a reputational thing, a trust thing, a character thing, an example thing...and of course should apply to all involved in the ownership and running of any and all of our clubs. 

Does he have a hair-trigger temper? Was this some sort of settling for a perceived wrong? What if he'd smashed a car window instead? Or slashed the tyres, or torched a car? What level of offence is acceptable as long as he is doing a good job as owner?

Conditional discharge - the offender is released and the offence registered on their criminal record. No further action is taken unless they commit a further offence within a time decided by the court (no more than three years).

10 hours ago, RL Tragic said:

From a perspective of how Fev are run is he doing a good job ?

Isolating your question from anything else, yes.

When he got involved Fev were an underperforming 3rd tier club. The transformation and considerable improvement of the clubs finances, infrastructure & stadium and performance on the field is there for all to see and come to your own conclusion.

Without his involvement I doubt fev will have had anywhere near the championship success they've had or the stadium look how it does.

That is my perception. 

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Obviously this has been Fev specific but wasn't he also involved in the rescue of York too?

As I'm in grump mode I'm fighting the urge to respond with a cynical reply..... but yes he was....and maybe still is.

I like the York club.... but they have a tough job moving fordy on from that reflective glass at the stadium.

Featherstone fans seem quite relaxed about this, which is good in a way.

Generally if I drive to an away ground I think it would reflect poorly on the home club if my side mirrors or windscreen (for example) got smashed in with sufficient intent that a court found the damage to be of a criminal nature. It would - just in my head, remember - reflect even more poorly on the club if the perpetrator was the most senior person at that home club, ffs.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Featherstone fans seem quite relaxed about this, which is good in a way.

Generally if I drive to an away ground I think it would reflect poorly on the home club if my side mirrors or windscreen (for example) got smashed in with sufficient intent that a court found the damage to be of a criminal nature. It would - just in my head, remember - reflect even more poorly on the club if the perpetrator was the most senior person at that home club, ffs.

Making some assumptions there browny lad. You're not the first on this thread.

Archived