Malta v Czech Republic - live stream on now

Eddie

Who was the ref in Malta v Czech Republic?

About 6 or 7 minutes before half-time the Czechs had a line drop out. A Malta player spilled it, Czech player cleanly gathered and they were off over halfway possibly to score. At which point the ref blew his whistle and brought everyone back for a scrum to the Czechs, who were understandably miffed.

Where the hell have RL officials got the idea from that they have to stop the game and call something when the ball goes to ground?

On 14/10/2021 at 14:48, Eddie said:

Are you there @yanto? I think you’ve said before that you’re involved with the Dutch side? Also do you know who there are no Amsterdam players in the squad? Fairly sure when I saw it they were all from Rotterdam, Hague, Zwolle and another club who’s name escapes me

Harderwijk Dolphins. My personal favourite. I think they are the only Dutch team playing league only. The others I believe, are dual-code.

On 14/10/2021 at 14:48, Eddie said:

Are you there @yanto? I think you’ve said before that you’re involved with the Dutch side? Also do you know who there are no Amsterdam players in the squad? Fairly sure when I saw it they were all from Rotterdam, Hague, Zwolle and another club who’s name escapes me

Harderwijk Dolphins. My personal favourite. I think they are the only Dutch team playing league only. The others I believe, are dual-code.

15 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Who was the ref in Malta v Czech Republic?

About 6 or 7 minutes before half-time the Czechs had a line drop out. A Malta player spilled it, Czech player cleanly gathered and they were off over halfway possibly to score. At which point the ref blew his whistle and brought everyone back for a scrum to the Czechs, who were understandably miffed.

Where the hell have RL officials got the idea from that they have to stop the game and call something when the ball goes to ground?

Unfortunately, as soon as he knocked on, he blew the whistle, instead of waiting to see if their was advantage. So half of the players stopped playing anyway. It was by no means a a certain try. But yes, a mistake none the less.

3 hours ago, langpark said:

Unfortunately, as soon as he knocked on, he blew the whistle, instead of waiting to see if their was advantage. So half of the players stopped playing anyway. It was by no means a a certain try. But yes, a mistake none the less.

It has become a real blight on the game that refs too often immediately blow up when they see an error. It`s a tell-tale and alarming sign that a new ref doesn`t understand the game.

On the "six-again" thread @Dave T was advocating the return of the "Free Play" as an antidote. The trouble there is that players just pointlessly kicked the ball away. So play had to be stopped and brought back. If anything, it compounded the problem. Officials shouldn`t need artificial devices to encourage them to play advantage. It`s precisely what the zero tackle rule is designed to encourage.

The incident yesterday was a particularly egregious example. That`s why I asked who the bloke was. There were other areas where his grasp of the rulebook seemed fragile. The ref in the Turkey/Netherlands game was a bit better.

5 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

On the "six-again" thread @Dave T was advocating the return of the "Free Play" as an antidote. The trouble there is that players just pointlessly kicked the ball away. So play had to be stopped and brought back. If anything, it compounded the problem. 

That didn't happen for a long time though, it had settled into a rather nice play, once teams realised it wasn't necessarily about scoring on them, but starting a turnover set on the front foot, with a zero tackle and a fast PTB. 

8 hours ago, langpark said:

Not true.

Only two reps from Dolphins. 

Rotterdam Pitbulls 100% League.

Duel coded Den Haag Knights supplied seven players ( the most)to the Dutch team and guess what the union season is five weeks in.

Zwolle  guys...a low level union club also playing this weekend after their "preferred " union season has started.

Think it says which code the boys prefer. 

Until they arrive back in Holland on Monday after PAYING  to travel and accommodate in Turkey  I believe they are 500% League boys. 

😉

1 hour ago, yanto said:

Not true.

Only two reps from Dolphins. 

Rotterdam Pitbulls 100% League.

Duel coded Den Haag Knights supplied seven players ( the most)to the Dutch team and guess what the union season is five weeks in.

Zwolle  guys...a low level union club also playing this weekend after their "preferred " union season has started.

Think it says which code the boys prefer. 

Until they arrive back in Holland on Monday after PAYING  to travel and accommodate in Turkey  I believe they are 500% League boys. 

😉

Cheers. Yeah i did not mean to put the others down. I just personally like the Dolphins because they are an out and out league team, fairly new and a good old underdog of Dutch RL. 

Archived