Elite 1 is back this weekend

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Might pick a team to root for this year and buy some gear

Which is a mid range club with a possible chance of success but not nailed on ?

Give me some names and I'll pick the one with the best shirt (and if they sell it in my size)

Sod that slight underdog nonsense, go for Carcassonne, we have easily the best medieval citadel in France and a statue of Puig Aubert.

• Like 2

Sam Moa has broken his arm unfortunately- will be out for a few months. Jason Baitiri should be ready for early November start and James Maloney late November or early December

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 14/10/2021 at 20:23, thebrewxi said:

I fancy watching the Avignon - Carc match so hopefully they will confirm something soon

On 15/10/2021 at 14:37, barnyia said:

Me too

I notice that on facebook someone asked if the match will be steamed live and Avignon responded saying no.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PECETTO said:

So …. Where are you staying ?

I live in Albi.

Good opening game of the season, best team won. MOM Brad Wall with Baptiste Fabre a close second. Too many errors from TO.

Edited by oiseau
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

What language is that?

French

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

2 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Good individual effort by Benjamin LaGuerre. I'm backing him to be a SL player eventually 

La guerre looked ok but did fumble a bit on high balls. Was hoping to see the young Sangare but he was 18th man. He walked past me during the game and he looks a clone of big brother.

6 hours ago, The Daddy said:

I thought Baptiste Fabre looked decent. He's a good prospect 

Yep, class act. He came from Villefranche a couple of years back. Julien Cance looked pretty solid at fb. 
Houles was watching, I imagine he would have been more impressed with some of the Albi players rather than his lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oiseau said:

Yep, class act. He came from Villefranche a couple of years back. Julien Cance looked pretty solid at fb. 
Houles was watching, I imagine he would have been more impressed with some of the Albi players rather than his lot.

I agree with that I thought Toulouse were poor and lacked fitness. 

P

On 15/10/2021 at 19:21, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Might pick a team to root for this year and buy some gear

Which is a mid range club with a possible chance of success but not nailed on ?

Give me some names and I'll pick the one with the best shirt (and if they sell it in my size)

I did that last year, picked Limoux because I could get their shirt (which is nice) and they seem like a sound little club.  You can also get a decent range of Carcassonne merch iirc. I originally wanted Villeneuve but all you could buy at the time was a bright green windcheater. 

• Like 1