Elite 1 is back this weekend

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I did that last year, picked Limoux because I could get their shirt (which is nice) and they seem like a sound little club.  You can also get a decent range of Carcassonne merch iirc. I originally wanted Villeneuve but all you could buy at the time was a bright green windcheater. 

And a logo stuck in 1992

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I agree with that I thought Toulouse were poor and lacked fitness. 

P

Some of them deffo lacked the required fitness levels. That’s unusual for Houles & co as the fitness is usually the priority. I recall a few years back one of the first team players ( a French international ) came back to pre season ‘overweight’ which, according to sadist Adam Innes (fitness coach) made him unavailable or selection. He missed half a dozen Championship games until he had lost about ten kilos.

My local village team Lescure have an interesting logo.

They are at home to US Entraigues this afternoon with former Catalans Dragons winger/centre Younès Khattabi now 37 turning out for his home town. 

8B57F915-7569-4EFE-9C1E-80B57A470021.webp

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oiseau said:

I live in Albi.

Good opening game of the season, best team won. MOM Brad Wall with Baptiste Fabre a close second. Too many errors from TO.

Toulouse were the best team during 65 mn and then begin to do so Manu errors… 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oiseau said:

La guerre looked ok but did fumble a bit on high balls. Was hoping to see the young Sangare but he was 18th man. He walked past me during the game and he looks a clone of big brother.

Bit harsh on LaGuerre, I thought he showed that he can play at a higher level, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some game time at SL level next season 

How old is the younger Sangare?

3 hours ago, oiseau said:

Albi isn’t too bad though the tracksuits make the people wearing them look like workers on a building site.

DE931C92-6FA4-4E7C-8887-C50BA1429F0B.png

Do you remember the 'Gentlemen Tigers' logo?

Had the dress shirt with 'Gentlement Tigers' (shame nobody proof read before production) on it but must be 25 years old and can't find it any more. Bought from old clubhouse in town centre, close to Mercure hotel.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

2 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Bit harsh on LaGuerre, I thought he showed that he can play at a higher level, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some game time at SL level next season 

How old is the younger Sangare?

A couple of years younger I think, 21 ish

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Who's the Catalan under 19 number 11? He looks like a giant playing against toddlers 

Pierre Jean Lima, his dad (Fijian) played for TO 20 years ago. P J has already played for the first team.

St Gaudens are getting a shellacking - trailing 36 nil before HT.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Catalans réserve didn't impress one bit today.

The charnière Rougé - Franck isn't fit for this level. Fullback Brochon is never going to make it big. They had an experiment trying a converted Union player at centre but to be honest the guy has been playing league for 6 months what can you expect... He got caught in no man's land in defense way too many times.

Cozza struggled to win any yards against Limoux and to think he's probably playing against England next week has BULLYING written all over it.

1 minute ago, Hvy wg said:

Catalans réserve didn't impress one bit today.

The charnière Rougé - Franck isn't fit for this level. Fullback Brochon is never going to make it big. They had an experiment trying a converted Union player at centre but to be honest the guy has been playing league for 6 months what can you expect... He got caught in no man's land in defense way too many times.

Cozza struggled to win any yards against Limoux and to think he's probably playing against England next week has BULLYING written all over it.

It was a poor performance, too many mistakes

11 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Yes but I'll be surprised if we get anything out of this halfback pair. Too complacent. Youre getting beaten and they throw the same set again and again. 

Rouge to me looked like he was trying to avoid injury so as to be involved next week.

Few decent tries but defensively v poor and way too many errors . Expected more tbh.