Elite 1 is back this weekend

What was the final score in FCL/St Gaudens match? I thought it was 66-16 but FFRXIII website saying 72-16?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

St Esteve were leading up to the hour mark when Khedimi got yellow carded. Fell away quickly after that. I think they're a younger group than last year and struggled to go the distance yesterday -as youngsters tend to do. Vailhen did OK and Sub Goffin too.

Lovely day for it too in the autumn sunshine at the delightful L'Aiguille venue - with a decent turn out considering as vaccine cards required. Same too at Albi night before see below.

245579359_4456903691065973_6225578920500269045_n.jpg.5f1e0fa949ca088ce6c94fc8c08539f9.jpg

245457049_4356315921149282_5938171208619716779_n.jpg.61594d247fd3167ceb29d1ce7176a464.jpg

• Like 7

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 17/10/2021 at 08:50, Eddie said:

I did that last year, picked Limoux because I could get their shirt (which is nice) and they seem like a sound little club.  You can also get a decent range of Carcassonne merch iirc. I originally wanted Villeneuve but all you could buy at the time was a bright green windcheater. 

I might be in for some Baho Geckos merch

https://neologikboutique.fr/clubs/rc-baho-xiii/

• Like 2

Buccs are massive, everywhere we goooooo....Boston Buccaneers

1 hour ago, audois said:

St Esteve were leading up to the hour mark when Khedimi got yellow carded. Fell away quickly after that. I think they're a younger group than last year and struggled to go the distance yesterday -as youngsters tend to do. Vailhen did OK and Sub Goffin too.

Lovely day for it too in the autumn sunshine at the delightful L'Aiguille venue - with a decent turn out considering as vaccine cards required. Same too at Albi night before see below.

245579359_4456903691065973_6225578920500269045_n.jpg.5f1e0fa949ca088ce6c94fc8c08539f9.jpg

245457049_4356315921149282_5938171208619716779_n.jpg.61594d247fd3167ceb29d1ce7176a464.jpg

Is that top photo Albi? Looks like that stand is rammed, must hold nearly 1000? 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Is that top photo Albi? Looks like that stand is rammed, must hold nearly 1000? 

Yes ,that’s Albi. I believe the stand holds about 1200. It was 90% full last Saturday with a handful in the open stand opposite and probably about a hundred watching from in front of the main stand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, oiseau said:

Yes ,that’s Albi. I believe the stand holds about 1200. It was 90% full last Saturday with a handful in the open stand opposite and probably about a hundred watching from in front of the main stand.

Great, isn’t that a lot more than they’d usually get there? 

Inu has signed for Lézignan Saint Germain 😁 today according to the local paper, quite a team on paper! 1 cardace, 2 flovie, 3, inu 4 stacul/ferret/bonneriez, 5 ferret/Bousquet,gouzy, 6 marginet, 7 Maloney, 8 Martins, 9 lacans, 10 moa 11 Maria, 12 belmas 13 baitieri, 

11 have played for the dragons and two for the dragons academy. 

Edited by barnyia
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, barnyia said:

Inu has signed for Lézignan Saint Germain 😁 today according to the local paper, quite a team on paper! 1 cardace, 2 flovie, 3, inu 4 stacul/ferret/bonneriez, 5 ferret/Bousquet,gouzy, 6 marginet, 7 Maloney, 8 Martins, 9 lacans, 10 moa 11 Maria, 12 belmas 13 baitieri, 

11 have played for the dragons and two for the dragons academy. 

But only 3 foreign players against 6 in your new club . We will not say that Carcassonne is a Country.RL team😘

Belmas set to sign in Superleague and Moa has injury with lengthy unavailability

Edited by fcl

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

Looked to me (from the Youtube highlights) that both Limoux and Lezignan had quite a number more people than usual watching - perhaps some optimism off the back of Catalans/Toulouse finals? Maybe approaching 2000 at FCL?

• Like 1

On 19/10/2021 at 06:12, Eddie said:

Thanks @oiseau .From going to other games do you know what sort of attendances other French teams get? 

I was reading an article today saying that at the half way mark of last years competition ( around February this year ) Elite One games were getting between 6 - 10 000 viewers per game via their streaming service. I thought that was pretty positive number.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fcl said:

But only 3 foreign players against 6 in your new club . We will not say that Carcassonne is a Country.RL team😘

Belmas set to sign in Superleague and Moa has injury with lengthy unavailability

That's why Carcassonne wanted me to translate for all the foreign players😁, I need to learn Fijian next. 

I'm not criticising Lézignan, Carcassonne would probably do the same if they had the money, they spoke to baitieri but couldn't come close to his offer from Lézignan, 

It shows the the benefit that the Catalans are having on elite and French RL, 

We have 5 or 6 players from Perpignan at Carcassonne too, 

The Carcassonne players are looking forward to playing against players like Maloney and inu. I'm sure the ex pro players will be a great influence on the younger players, I just hope all the good work the youth section does doesn't go to waste meaning younger players don't get a chance or end up leaving the club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

I haven't read every recent post but has viaOccitanie coverage been lost for this season?

I think they have games from November but not 100% sure. They are currently showing the test matches Live from Perpignan. 

• Thanks 1

On 23/10/2021 at 14:57, Bilko said:

I think they have games from November but not 100% sure. They are currently showing the test matches Live from Perpignan. 

Upcoming televised matches for November

https://treizemondial.fr/trois-matchs-elite-1-diffuses-a-la-tv-fin-2021/

Edited by Whippet13
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Last season there was talk that the Vià Occitcanie television based group in Toulouse would cease coverage of the games. Maybe a take over being inacted. So it's great news to see they are back still on board. There streaming is of quality I think. FCL-Carcassonne first up week after next will get the competition firing.

Edited by audois
  • Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

On 28/10/2021 at 12:52, audois said:

Last season there was talk that the Vià Occitcanie television based group in Toulouse would cease coverage of the games. Maybe a take over being inacted. So it's great news to see they are back still on board. There streaming is of quality I think. FCL-Carcassonne first up week after next will get the competition firing.

What's the reach of the channel? What regions do they broadcast in?

3 hours ago, The Daddy said:

What's the reach of the channel? What regions do they broadcast in?

Think of made in Leeds channel on UK TV, you have to look and really want to find the channel to find it, it's hidden amongst the other hundreds of channels only people who are interested in the certain subject watch, it covers the Occitanie region on TV, it's also on the internet. 

• Thanks 1

Stan Robin joins Limoux from Villeneuve. Good shout for the Grizzlys.

https://treizemondial.fr/stan-robin-quitte-villeneuve-mais-reste-en-elite-1/

Edited by audois
  • Like 4