Elite 1 is back this weekend

Four unanswered tries in 30 minutes for Carcassonne suggests this isn't a full-strength Toulouse selection.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Four unanswered tries in 30 minutes for Carcassonne suggests this isn't a full-strength Toulouse selection.

I should still be able to find somewhere a list of who's playing. Also, the numbers on the backs of the Carcassonne players don't match what is listed on their team sheet. I've noticed this for a number of games thus season, making it difficult to know which players are playing. 

The French Federation and the clubs really have a lot to sort out. The presentation of the game really lacks quality 

22 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I should still be able to find somewhere a list of who's playing. Also, the numbers on the backs of the Carcassonne players don't match what is listed on their team sheet. I've noticed this for a number of games thus season, making it difficult to know which players are playing. 

The French Federation and the clubs really have a lot to sort out. The presentation of the game really lacks quality 

Rather them just popping up randomly on club sites I'd like to see links to all the streamed games in a single place, preferably the FFRXIII site. It's not difficult to do (rugbyleagueontv lists them easily enough), would surely make watching much simpler for the French viewer and build viewing habits.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim from Oz said:

Funny, my FlashScore app is giving the score as Toulouse 50, Carcassonne 10 !!

It's wrong, there was a score on the left wing by, I think, the centre or a second row pretty much on the hooter with a missed conversion. Quite sloppy really as he could have easily put the ball down nearer the posts and made it an easier conversion.

8 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

It's wrong, there was a score on the left wing by, I think, the centre or a second row pretty much on the hooter with a missed conversion. Quite sloppy really as he could have easily put the ball down nearer the posts and made it an easier conversion.

yes but it is telling me that TOULOUSE won 50-10 !!??

• Haha 1

Noticed hopeful  winger Depeyre was absent. Complete inverse for U19's game with TO winning 10- 64.Two impressive wingers especially the right one.Other stand outs there at full back and a very promising  half back at no 7.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=watch_permalink&v=441860650625379

Edited by audois
  • Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Just spotted this - the Under-19s match already streaming.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It seems as though Oliver Janzac is filling the Villeneuve Leopards team with mostly young players. Does anyone know the background around this, why so many youngsters? 

For a team that's full of youngsters they have been very competitive so far this season.

Certainly because of the financial context. The last two years Villeneuve had recruited very good foreign players like Godinet, Schaumkel, Pettybourne, etc. but also very very good French players like Thomas Lasvenes or Stan Robin. But their investment did nothing to gain anything. This season it seems that there is less money knowing that they are in uncertainty with the former coach David Ellis who are suing them and asking between 80,000 and 120,000 euros. It's a shame because the progress of this team was very interesting.

We can trust the current coach to help young players progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

On 21/11/2021 at 11:23, audois said:

Noticed hopeful  winger Depeyre was absent. Complete inverse for U19's game with TO winning 10- 64.Two impressive wingers especially the right one.Other stand outs there at full back and a very promising  half back at no 7.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=watch_permalink&v=441860650625379

The 13 and the 10 for Toulouse looked strong aswell

12 hours ago, The Daddy said:

It seems as though Oliver Janzac is filling the Villeneuve Leopards team with mostly young players. Does anyone know the background around this, why so many youngsters? 

For a team that's full of youngsters they have been very competitive so far this season.

Olivier does a great job bringing young players through. He did the same at Lézignan when he was coach there, it's understandable as he's part of the creps set up in Toulouse (high level rugby league centre) where the players study and train at the same time. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Olivier does a great job bringing young players through. He did the same at Lézignan when he was coach there, it's understandable as he's part of the creps set up in Toulouse (high level rugby league centre) where the players study and train at the same time. 

Are the Davies twins still heading over the Villeneuve?

At the moment more like an Aude comp with Lezignan, Limoux and Carcassonne well ahead. FCL with half a dozen former Dragons players and Maloney still awaited. The clubs on the periphery north of the Aude - Villeneuve/Lot, Albi and Avignon doing it hard presently. The  Aquitaine side lost Robin to Limoux and prop Tabu to Carcassonne - Canaris also taking Boyer from TO too. Limoux also picked up international centre Ader from TO also Avignon struggling after losing Gigot and Jouffret from last year as well as young winger Rey to St Esteve.

The game is very much centred around the Aude and the Super League professional clubs dominating. St Esteve will pick-up when young hopefulls made available after Dragons pre-season is over. Donkeys years ago remember Toulouse U19s coming to Carcassonne with just nine players. What a change they are now. It's a changing world.

Edited by audois
  • Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

https://treizemondial.fr/kevin-locke-devrait-signer-en-elite-1/

According to Stuff, Kevin Locke should land in France in early 2022 to play with Carcassonne XIII.

The former NRL star played in the Intrust Super Cup in 2021 after spending many years away from the high level. Back with the Logan Magpies Souths, he played 5 games this year, each time on the wing, for two tries scored. After 89 NRL games with the NZ Warriors between 2009 and 2014, he played two Super League seasons with Salford and one with Wakefield before taking a step back. Able to play back and winger, Kevin Locke is also a good scorer and will be able to bring his high-level experience if the operation is completed.

Note that at first, the name of the VARL came back to the New Zealand star but since the formation of Elite 2 is the reserve of Carcassonne XIII, one or the other should not change much.

He's going to villeghailanc, they're Carcassonne reserves but Locke won't play for Carcassonne. The reserve part as only been used so far by the villeghailanc reserve team (fourth division) playing some Carcassonne under 19s players as they where shorts of numbers. I can't see villeghailanc letting their star player (that they're paying,) risk injury playing for Carcassonne. 

Edited by barnyia

According to https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com although the Treize Mondial site doesn't mention it as a forthcoming live stream.

Saturday 27th November

France Elite 1 Championship

5:25pm Facebook Link: facebook.com/carcassonnexiii

5:30pm Carcassonne v St Gaudens

• Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

According to https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com although the Treize Mondial site doesn't mention it as a forthcoming live stream.

Saturday 27th November

France Elite 1 Championship

5:25pm Facebook Link: facebook.com/carcassonnexiii

5:30pm Carcassonne v St Gaudens

I read that today's games are both cancelled.  One due to COVID and the other because of bad weather. 

• Sad 1