Elite 1 is back this weekend

FCL game v St Esteve is being streamed 3 o'clock local time. Young Dragons v Old Dragons on view

• Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

See now Toulouse- Villeneuve/Lot is also being streamed too. Same time KO

From down town old ground - Stade Minimes. Interestingly Super League team are now using the ground as a training base. Last few years were at a ground near the raiway station.

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

I'm watching the Lezignan V St Esteve game and I've noticed a worrying trend in French rugby league in general, but I'm seeing it a lot in this game.

When a tackled player thinks he's being held down at the ruck and wants to win a penalty he just drops the ball on the ground deliberately without even trying to get up off the ground and play the ball. Very cynical play, the Elite One games I watch just seem to get slowed down by players trying to get penalties, either by rolling on the ground feigning injury or just dropping the ball on the ground to milk a penalty. 

This cynical play is really affecting the product and the intensity of the game because there are just too many stoppages.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I'm watching the Lezignan V St Esteve game and I've noticed a worrying trend in French rugby league in general, but I'm seeing it a lot in this game.

When a tackled player thinks he's being held down at the ruck and wants to win a penalty he just drops the ball on the ground deliberately without even trying to get up off the ground and play the ball. Very cynical play, the Elite One games I watch just seem to get slowed down by players trying to get penalties, either by rolling on the ground feigning injury or just dropping the ball on the ground to milk a penalty. 

This cynical play is really affecting the product and the intensity of the game because there are just too many stoppages.  

That's intriguing, TD.  I hadn't really noticed that.  I will look out for it in the second half, if I get the chance to, but have to get ready soon for a service at Salisbury Cathedral at 5pm in which I am involved.  

I was enjoying the generally much more clean PTBs (actually using feet!) and the attempt to create something from scrums.

This is a good ebb-and-flow game so far, with the score tied at twelve apiece at the break.  The visitors have scored two tries to FCL's three.  St Esteve had a man yellow-carded late in the 1st half and FCL took all of about 30 seconds of play to make the advantage count.  

In the second half, Lezigan will have the wind and sun behind them, and I fancy them to go on and win.  Here is the link to the live broadcast:
FCL XIII VS ST ESTEVE XIII CAT (facebook.com)

21 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Any links I have tried you tube and every  time I click on LIVE STREAM it takes me to an old match.

Internet though really bad here today just over the border massive wind:(

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

9 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Any links I have tried you tube and every  time I click on LIVE STREAM it takes me to an old match.

Internet though really bad here today just over the border massive wind:(

Paul

It's on Lezignan's Facebook page 

34 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Didn`t see the first half, so can`t comment with certainty.

However, in the French games I see, the officials are some of the worst anywhere for seeing phantom knock-ons, phantom forward passes, phantom obstructions. All these unnecessary interventions chop the game up, and send a message to the players that the ref and touch judges want to call things. Hence, the tackled player might well think it worth rolling the dice.

I just tuned into the second half and immediately M. Drizza came up with an obstruction penalty. There was no replay, but I didn`t see any clear obstruction.

If the officials had a "play on" attitude, stopped looking for reasons to blow the whistle, and just let the game flow, there`d be less incentive for players to milk penalties.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

It's on Lezignan's Facebook page 

Thanks found it wind is bad here today though so its like the internet 10 + years ago:(

Where have the species gone used to be a fair old few on the far terrance with the gypsies in the corner siting on the wall so they didn't have to pay to get in:)

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

9 minutes ago, barnyia said:

It's 4 degrees and windy in Lézignan. 

AHH horrible here just over the border in Peralada as well ,was nice this morning though i went for a cliff walk between 2 beaches near to Rosas 3 loons were actually swimming (I did last week for an hour seemed alright at the time when I got home I was shaking so much that I needed a hot bath LOL:)

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

Best performance of the season by far from Baby Dracs - after taking that walloping at Avignon. Super try late on from wing Parenti  from Marty's exquisite pass.  FCL to Limoux next weekend for the 2nd Aude derby. Should be close.

Edited by audois

25 minutes ago, audois said:

Best performance of the season by far from Baby Dracs - after taking that walloping at Avignon. Super try late on from wing Parenti  from Marty's exquisite pass.  FCL to Limoux next weekend for the 2nd Aude derby. Should be close.

And hopefully not so cold and windy:)

I'm really impressed by Florian Valihen, love the way he plays the game. A prop that loves to throw the ball around, pass, offload and play with his head up. 

I think he only played one or two games in SL last year but should get more game time next season. He was my man of the match 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

That's intriguing, TD.  I hadn't really noticed that.  I will look out for it in the second half, if I get the chance to, but have to get ready soon for a service at Salisbury Cathedral at 5pm in which I am involved.  

I was enjoying the generally much more clean PTBs (actually using feet!) and the attempt to create something from scrums.

This is a good ebb-and-flow game so far, with the score tied at twelve apiece at the break.  The visitors have scored two tries to FCL's three.  St Esteve had a man yellow-carded late in the 1st half and FCL took all of about 30 seconds of play to make the advantage count.  

In the second half, Lezigan will have the wind and sun behind them, and I fancy them to go on and win.  Here is the link to the live broadcast:

My RL viewing on Sundays is always limited by my involvement in Anglican choral music also. Nice to come across another fan of Howells, Stanford, etc!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Daddy said:

I'm really impressed by Florian Valihen, love the way he plays the game. A prop that loves to throw the ball around, pass, offload and play with his head up. 

I think he only played one or two games in SL last year but should get more game time next season. He was my man of the match 

Don't think Vailhen has played in Super League yet. Maybe him and Salabio have this year to show up. The latter went on to play twice though for TO last season along with Flovie who was a try scorer yesterday for FCL. This lad Jobe looks promising. I think he came from rugby union. Got a good try Sunday. Played centre last year but second row yesterday.

Decent effort from TO Elite against Villeneuve/Lot. Let a good lead disappear but fell away 26-29. Laguerre got two tries but late on gifted a try. Their U19s undefeated after five games with 250 points to their name. Be interesting to see how they go next weekend in Perpignan.

Edited by audois
  • Like 2

The club's Facebook page, or YouTube page depending on the club, Carcassonne, Lézignan, are usually Facebook, Villeneuve,Albi and limoux usually you tube,

2 games a month to be on via Occitanie and sport in France from next week or the week after. 

Edited by barnyia
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, audois said:

Don't think Vailhen has played in Super League yet. Maybe him and Salabio have this year to show up. The latter went on to play twice though for TO last season along with Flovie who was a try scorer yesterday for FCL. This lad Jobe looks promising. I think he came from rugby union. Got a good try Sunday. Played centre last year but second row yesterday.

Decent effort from TO Elite against Villeneuve/Lot. Let a good lead disappear but fell away 26-29. Laguerre got two tries but late on gifted a try. Their U19s undefeated after five games with 250 points to their name. Be interesting to see how they go next weekend in Perpignan.

Yeah Jobe looks real promising, he looks like he can be anything he wants to be. Another one I'd like to see get game time in 2022. I see him as a centre not a second rower.

Edited by The Daddy

On 28/11/2021 at 15:56, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Wasn't Ted Heath the conductor there back in the days.

I was brought up as a methodist you cannot beat an old Wesley sing along:)

On another note our local church in Kent (COE) has a brilliant vicar who also plays a mean game of cricket and as for the after match bar (In the church) you cannot beat it:)) A couple of years ago an Ex England RU International from Warrington forgot his name got married in the church and i nearly fell off my stool when I was sitting outside our local pub opposite and Ellery Hanley turned up :)))

Paul

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Wasn't Ted Heath the conductor there back in the days.

I was brought up as a methodist you cannot beat an old Wesley sing along:)

On another note our local church in Kent (COE) has a brilliant vicar who also plays a mean game of cricket and as for the after match bar (In the church) you cannot beat it:)) A couple of years ago an Ex England RU International from Warrington forgot his name got married in the church and i nearly fell off my stool when I was sitting outside our local pub opposite and Ellery Hanley turned up :)))

Paul

Hello, Paul.

No, Ted Heath wasn't the director of music there, but he did live at a large house in the cathedral close, called Arundells, which is now a museum.  Given his love of music, I have no doubt he would have often walked across to the cathedral to attend choral evensong or a concert; it would literally have been a two minute walk from his house to be seated in the quire.

When our daughter (now in her '30s) was about ten, we were shopping in Salisbury one Saturday and popped into WH Smith's.  Ted Heath was sat there, a rather forlorn, disheveled sight, waiting for people to buy his new book so he could sign it for them.  We whispered to our daughter, sotto voce, that the man nearby used to be the prime minister.  "What him?" she exclaimed incredulously.  "Shh!" we exhorted, but that only prompted her to ask again - definitely not sotto voce - "What him?"

I agree that the Wesleys gave English hymnody a real shot in the arm, and the tradition that developed - especially of fuguing tunes - has stood the test of time well.

Three months ago, John Woodcock, the esteemed cricket correspondent, was buried in the village church at Longparish, about twenty-five miles from here, in Hampshire.  Apparently, that day, the village was like a visual who's who of world cricket!  It must have been a bit like your Ellery Hanley experience.

I wasn't actually singing in a choir in the cathedral this weekend (though I have done that often in the past), but rather reading a lesson, on Saturday and Sunday evenings, in the annual Advent Procession, Darkness to Light.

Apologies, that has taken us completely off topic!

40 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Hello, Paul.

No, Ted Heath wasn't the director of music there, but he did live at a large house in the cathedral close, called Arundells, which is now a museum.  Given his love of music, I have no doubt he would have often walked across to the cathedral to attend choral evensong or a concert; it would literally have been a two minute walk from his house to be seated in the quire.

When our daughter (now in her '30s) was about ten, we were shopping in Salisbury one Saturday and popped into WH Smith's.  Ted Heath was sat there, a rather forlorn, disheveled sight, waiting for people to buy his new book so he could sign it for them.  We whispered to our daughter, sotto voce, that the man nearby used to be the prime minister.  "What him?" she exclaimed incredulously.  "Shh!" we exhorted, but that only prompted her to ask again - definitely not sotto voce - "What him?"

I agree that the Wesleys gave English hymnody a real shot in the arm, and the tradition that developed - especially of fuguing tunes - has stood the test of time well.

Three months ago, John Woodcock, the esteemed cricket correspondent, was buried in the village church at Longparish, about twenty-five miles from here, in Hampshire.  Apparently, that day, the village was like a visual who's who of world cricket!  It must have been a bit like your Ellery Hanley experience.

I wasn't actually singing in a choir in the cathedral this weekend (though I have done that often in the past), but rather reading a lesson, on Saturday and Sunday evenings, in the annual Advent Procession, Darkness to Light.

Apologies, that has taken us completely off topic!

Thank you for correcting me WW and very interesting  its posts like this which makes this forum the best:)

Paul

• Thanks 2

On 28/11/2021 at 13:23, audois said:

See now Toulouse- Villeneuve/Lot is also being streamed too. Same time KO

From down town old ground - Stade Minimes. Interestingly Super League team are now using the ground as a training base. Last few years were at a ground near the raiway station.

I remember that ground from 2010. What's changed? Has the old clubhouse been demolished?