Elite 1 is back this weekend

I though the game at Limoux against Lezignan  last Sunday one of the best in recent times. We're short of numbers with just 9 sides this year. The 6 Aude derbys one each month will for the time being keep up the interests. The Federation boss Lacoste wanted twelve teams but Montpellier, Lyon and Toulon weren't up for it. Everything now is all about Catalans Dragons and TO to drive the code forward. The renaissance is coming from there -top down. Leading in time to the national teams growth and competitiveness.

Edited by audois
  • Like 5

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 08/12/2021 at 14:22, Futtocks said:

Saturday the 11th of December
2pm Albi v Avignon (Via Occitanie)
6:30pm Villeneuve v Saint-Gaudens (YouTube)

Also, two streamed matches on Sunday.

1:55pm  facebook.com/assoto13
Toulouse Elite 1 v Limoux

2:55pm facebook.com/carcassonnexiii
Carcassonne v St Esteve Catalan

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 hours ago, barnyia said:

Being filmed facing the main stand, now you can see how many fans we get in France! That penalty try was a bit harsh! 

ViàOccitcanie doing a great job. Put up a hoist high up above the none seating stand. Several cameras too - behind the sticks. The female pitch side interviewer doing well too. She had a new micophone Saturday I noticed. But the quality across the board is at all clubs a revelation. St Gaudens started with a bloke on his mobile not long ago!

Edited by audois
  • Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

3 hours ago, barnyia said:

A bit of decent weather for the Carcassonne v Catalan game, 14/15 degrees and sunshine according to the forecast. 

Weirdly mild weather - it's 17 degrees here in my bit of London. I wish it had been like this last week, when my boiler needed replacing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good at last seeing some day light too up at St Gaudens. The two Aussies quickly gave them up but the last two weeks been  improvement. Got their first point - a bonus one at home to Avignon just going down 22-24. Yesterday up at Villeneuve/Lot ten points up early doors and just a converted try behind at the break. Their PNG lad Minga has really come up good at last. Wanderer in his early days but now seems really at home up in the mountains in a struggling out-fit.

Edited by audois
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, audois said:

ViàOccitcanie doing a great job. Put up a hoist high up above the none seating stand. Several cameras too - behind the sticks. The female interviewer doing well too. She had a new micophone Saturday I noticed. But the quality across the board is at all clubs a revelation. St Gaudens started with a bloke on his mobile not long ago!

Hi Gordon,

Totally agree refreshing (2nd half watched in the local pub by hooking up my computer) LOL:) all it really needs is the pitch side sponsorship presentation which we hope to introduce for the Qtr Finals.

Female interviewer very good and the players came across well also.

Not to sure about the commentator though would prefer Rudolph 🙂

Next season is going to be a cracker with my trips down to the office in Barcelona and the fact that my 16 year old will finish exams early June means according to my diary i can attained 10 Dragons and 8 Toulouse home SL matches in 2022.

Cant wait just means I have to get plenty of Cricket watching in during April/May:)

Paul

• Like 2

About 15 mins into Carcassonne v Catalans, a pass bounced off the chest of a Carcassonne player, straight into the arms of a Catalans player who was off into a bit of space in broken-field. At which point the ref blew the whistle and brought everything back for a scrum to Catalans - this is a cancer in the game at the moment everywhere in the world. Why do officials not want to play on? Why do they want to suppress variety?

Elsewhere there were a couple of penalties given for contact on a kicker, which yet again underlines the problems caused by deterring defenders from playing at the ball with the crass back-to-one rule.

These slow-motion PTBs after the ball crosses the touchline make my heart sink as well. Probably the worst and most pointless rule change in the history of RL. 

On 28/11/2021 at 21:55, The Daddy said:

I'm really impressed by Florian Valihen, love the way he plays the game. A prop that loves to throw the ball around, pass, offload and play with his head up. 

I think he only played one or two games in SL last year but should get more game time next season. He was my man of the match 

Noticed he’s now training with the first team. Maybe we will see him get a game this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Men among boys at Albert Domec yesterday. St Esteve just didn't have the size and power of the Canaris. Near perfect performance from the black and yellow. With players like Simon and the Fijian Drodrolagi on the bench the light weight pack opposite had no chance. Only Salabio in opposition could match the home sides pack and he would have missed the only other player of size in Vailhen - who is now training with the Dragons group.They will I think just have to ride it out for the moment. 

Stoic is the best thing you can say about TO Elite this term but they're improving. Two years back other clubs bosses where moaning about them. Their  U19s are going well and some of those will move up in 2022 I imagine.

Edited by audois
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, audois said:

Men among boys at Albert Domec yesterday. St Esteve just didn't have the size and power of the Canaris. Near perfect performance from the black and yellow. With players like Simon and the Fijian Drodrolagi on the bench the light weight pack opposite had no chance. Only Salabio in opposition could match the home sides pack and he would have missed the only other player of size in Vailhen - who is now training with the Dragons group.They will I think just have to ride it out for the moment. 

Stoic is the best thing you can say about TO Elite this term but they're improving. Two years back other clubs bosses where moaning about them. Their  U19s are going well and some of those will move up in 2022 I imagine.

Saint Esteve pack is sub-par. As you said only Salabio has size, all the others won't make it to the SL level at prop forward. Jobe isn't a physical centre and having him at second row is more a lack of players than anything else. Leo Laurent played second row as well and he's like 85kgs.

They will be better when the guys training with the Dracs come back down. Also the halfback pair isn't anything good.

This weekend just the two postponed  fixtures. Saturdat Albi v Limoux 5pm and Sunday Carcassonne v St Gaudens 4pm. Both games being ' streamed ' GMT an hour earlier. The two Aude sides will want to secure the points to start up in the new year on the podium with leaders Lezignan.

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, audois said:

This weekend just the two postponed  fixtures. Saturdat Albi v Limoux 5pm and Sunday Carcassonne v St Gaudens 4pm. Both games being ' streamed ' BST an hour earlier. The two Aude sides will want to secure the points to start up in the new year on the podium with leaders Lezignan.

Saturday 18/12/2021
4pm (UK Time) Albi v Limoux (YouTube)

Sunday 19/12/2021
3pm (UK Time) Carcassonne XIII v Saint-Gaudens (Facebook)

Edited by Futtocks
  • Thanks 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looking like the rearranged game Carcassonne v st Gaudens will be called off, St Gaudens can't raise a team dur to injuries and players being away on holiday! 

They've just announced a signing from New Zealand so they should be ok for the rest of the season. 

Just fired up the YouTube stream to make sure it's the right one, and found a u17 match. Currently Limouxin 4:6 Lezignan in the first half.

I have the wrong link for the Albi/Limoux game, but I'll watch this for now.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The correct link is currently showing the u19 game. Take your pick.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Full Time in the u19s game - Albi 36:26 Limoux. A flurry of second-half tries put the home side well out of sight, despite the visitors pressing hard towards the hooter.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Disappointing effort from Albi. Out of it by half-time. No defence at all. (12-44 finished) Saw them giving Carcassonne a tough game a few weeks back at Stade Domec (18-12). With St Gaudens pulling out too not the best weekend. The French dont go for sport over the Xmas  so a fortnights break.

Edited by audois

They've done a regional draw for the first time ever and didn't tell the clubs, also the round after is all set up too, match 10 v match 14 etc, the winner of Carcassonne v Lézignan plays the winner of Ille a Catalan to keep it local, the only problem is is that all the better teams in elite 1 and 2 are in the same area/side of the first draw, 

Madness! 

https://www.ffr13.fr/le-tirage-des-16es-de-finale-de-la-coupe-de-france-lord-derby/

Edited by barnyia