Elite 1 is back this weekend

That's good to hear. The location between Perpignan and Toulouse is important I reckon. USC have in Pro 2 making head way. For the CXIII to relocate their operation at Domec was more than a good move. Can the clubs come together again as Aude Cathares just to enter the Challenge Cup. Rotate between the three grounds too.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Just now, audois said:

That's good to hear. The location between Perpignan and Toulouse is important I reckon. USC have in Pro 2 making head way. For the CXIII to relocate their operation at Domec was more than a good move. Can the clubs come together again as Aude Cathares just to enter the Challenge Cup. Rotate between the three grounds too.

I think they want more than just cup games Gordon, 

3 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I think they want more than just cup games Gordon, 

You think the merger and entering the English system is back on? If so, while that would be great for the English set up, where would it leave Elite 1? 

Three teams stay in elite and the best players go to the Cathares and if they don't play drop back to their club in elite maybe, it would make elite 1 a lot more competitive. Less top players but definitely more competitive. It would give an extra stepping stone for the talented young French kids. I'm just guessing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Three teams stay in elite and the best players go to the Cathares and if they don't play drop back to their club in elite maybe, it would make elite 1 a lot more competitive. Less top players but definitely more competitive. It would give an extra stepping stone for the talented young French kids. I'm just guessing. 

Anything that gives another pathway into the pro teams is good.  

It wasn’t uncommon, in fact far from it, for ex pro’s to drop into the national league in England but it’s really just shoving another hopeful out.

How is the young gentleman going at the pole espoirs by the way?

9 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Anything that gives another pathway into the pro teams is good.  

It wasn’t uncommon, in fact far from it, for ex pro’s to drop into the national league in England but it’s really just shoving another hopeful out.

How is the young gentleman going at the pole espoirs by the way?

He's doing very well, having the time of his life, top level coaching, enjoying school and stays there all week with his mates,  he has the second get together for the France u17s on Monday so fingers crossed. He still qualifies for the u17s next season so anything this year is a bonus and a good learning experience. 

It's amazing how much he's physically changed by training every day, skills wise also. 

Edited by barnyia
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, barnyia said:

He's doing very well, having the time of his life, top level coaching, enjoying school and stays there all week with his mates,  he has the second get together for the France u17s on Monday so fingers crossed. He still qualifies for the u17s next season so anything this year is a bonus and a good learning experience. 

It's amazing how much he's physically changed by training every day, skills wise also. 

Very good to hear!

• Like 1

USC and Narbonne (Pro 2) have had all the publicity all season long. Didn't help that Carcassonne treize hardly played. I think Carcassonne wanted to do go alone across the Channel which for me wasn't a good idea.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

Saturday the 12th
3:20pm St-Esteve Catalan v Villeneuve (YouTube)

Sunday the 13th
1:55pm Limoux v Carcassonne (YouTube)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Saturday the 12th
3:20pm St-Esteve Catalan v Villeneuve (YouTube)

Sunday the 13th
1:55pm Limoux v Carcassonne (YouTube)

I think the St Esteve game is being brought forward now KO local time is 3.30pm (GMT 2.30pm) . The U19s game is not taking in place.

St Esteve go with 9 Dragons players as last week against Limoux for the Villeneuve/Lot match and with two players  who travelled over to St Helens Laguerre and De Costa.

Edited by audois

16 hours ago, audois said:

St Esteve go with 9 Dragons players as last week against Limoux for the Villeneuve/Lot match and with two players  who travelled over to St Helens Laguerre and De Costa.

Toulouse really need to try and get a couple of these lads in. Super league quality players.

Cracking game at Limoux today. Third Aude derby under a clear blue sky with 2,000 crowd at least. The queue was 20 metres long to get in. Haven't seen that for a long time. Limoux haven't won any games in 2022. Carcassonne visitors had the better of the first half head at the break with their pack dominating. After the oranges the home side slowly but surely turner it round with full back Santo and half back Robin making the difference.

3 Derbys still to come with the Canari hosting the other two and Limoux going to Lezignan. Carcassonne will have a chance to up their crowds to show they can also challenge the XV

St Esteve 22-16 Villeneuve/Lot

Avignon 14-18 Lezignan

Limoux 24-18 Carcassonne

The Aude sides still dominate the podium 1 FCL 2 CXIII 3 Grizzlys

Edited by audois
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, audois said:

Cracking game at Limoux today. Third Aude derby under a clear blue sky with 2,000 crowd at least. The queue was 20 metres long to get in. Haven't seen that for a long time. Limoux haven't won any games in 2022. Carcassonne visitors had the better of the first half head at the break with their pack dominating. After the oranges the home side slowly but surely turner it round with full back Santo and half back Robin making the difference.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 13/02/2022 at 18:51, audois said:

3 Derbys still to come with the Canari hosting the other two and Limoux gong to Lezignan. Carcasonne will have a chance to up their crowds to show they can also challenge the XV

St Esteve 22-16 Villeneuve/Lot

Avignon 14-18 Lezignan

Limoux 24-18 Carcassonne

The Aude sides still dominate the podium 1 FCL 2 CXIII 3 Grizzlys

I watched some of the game on YouTube, really enjoyed it and as you say there was a big noisy crowd, there was even a smoke bomb just before kick off. 

It's been a difficult start-up in 2022 for Elite 1. Limoux's first win Sunday after 3 loses but crowd turned out in numbers because they've been competitive all along. Villeneuve/Lot, Albi, Avignon and St Esteve have all showed up in recent weeks too. Promising.

8 hours ago, audois said:

It's been a difficult start-up in 2022 for Elite 1. Limoux's first win Sunday after 3 loses but crowd turned out in numbers because they've been competitive all along. Villeneuve/Lot, Albi, Avignon and St Esteve have all showed up in recent weeks too. Promising.

Looking forward to the Albi - ASC game this weekend Gordon. Albi did ok against TOxiii but they are a bit unpredictable at the moment.

• Thanks 1

On 16/02/2022 at 22:32, oiseau said:

Looking forward to the Albi - ASC game this weekend Gordon. Albi did ok against TOxiii but they are a bit unpredictable at the moment.

Peter - Think their turn round came at Lezignan. Like NRL recruit Peats along with flying winger Pedrero and young full back Fabre. Will follow the streaming Saturday evening with interest.

All four 4 Elite 1 games are being streamed. Good to see Toulouse channel viàOccitanie spreading it's wings covering the game up at Avignon. Next week big game at Domec with visitors Lezignan. Hope they can match Limoux's turn out of last week.

Edited by audois

On 15/10/2021 at 19:21, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Might pick a team to root for this year and buy some gear

Which is a mid range club with a possible chance of success but not nailed on ?

Give me some names and I'll pick the one with the best shirt (and if they sell it in my size)

I picked Limoux for exactly those reasons, and got the jersey. You’ll be fighting them off wearing this. 

https://www.oneills.com/uk_en/limoux-xiii-rugby-rugby-jersey-v4.html

On 22/01/2022 at 11:39, barnyia said:

https://neologikboutique.fr/clubs/fc-lezignan-corbieres/page/2/

Lézignan now have an online shop, I don't know if they deliver to the UK or not. 

Delivered to UK, took about 3 weeks but did have shirts personalised so 'bog standard' may take less.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Limoux v St Gaudens is streaming at the same time, but on YouTube.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 18/02/2022 at 14:05, audois said:

Peter - Think their turn round came at Lezignan. Like NRL recruit Peats along with flying winger Pedrero and young full back Fabre. Will follow the streaming Saturday evening with interest.

All four 4 Elite 1 games are being streamed. Good to see Toulouse channel viàOccitanie spreading it's wings covering the game up at Avignon. Next week big game at Domec with visitors Lezignan. Hope they can match Limoux's turn out of last week.

Well deserved victory for the home side. Good all round performance against a rather sterile ASC outfit. Yes, Pedrero is rapid.