Elite 1 is back this weekend

The penultimate Aude game regular season at Lezignan tomorrow. The game at Limoux was a classic with Maloney at his best winning it in over time with a drop goal .FCL now in 3rd place having held first place from the off - still though only one points seperates the three Aude clubs.They've lost their last two games at Carcassonne and St Esteve. Limoux go to Carcassonne in two weeks time. Everything to play for.

Edited by audois
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Well then the two sides came up again like last time - a cracker repeated at Stade Moulin yesterday. Conditions better time than Limoux helped. The Grizzlis where out for blood for sure. Robin and Santo superb and FCL couldn't rein them in first half. 0-0 at thirty minutes before this pair ran right. HT 0-16 for the visitors. FCL came back into it turning things round for half an hour with their forwards Tort and Tribillic showing up well. 14-18 with twenty minutes left. One thought the home side might turn it round. Wasn't to be as Robin claimed another try late on. Finished 14-24.

3500 attended the best Aude gate in 2022. All three sides have lost to each other this year.The finale at Domec in a fortnight with the Canaris-Grizzlis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

5 hours ago, barnyia said:

Toulouse beat Catalan in elite 1. 

Catalan play Carcassonne at Brutus on Saturday live on via Occitanie. 

Great that they can play it at Brutus. It appears some type of bug in the Catalan camp. Players like Cozza and Seguier didn't play at Toulouse Sunday.

11 hours ago, audois said:

Great that they can play it at Brutus. It appears some type of bug in the Catalan camp. Players like Cozza and Seguier didn't play at Toulouse Sunday.

Maybe an expected to win bug 😁. Villeneuve had a a couple of players with flu too. 

I saw in the Toulouse v St Esteve highlights Justin Sangare's younger brother was playing for TO, how is developing? The lad looks huge, bigger than Justin. 

Also noticed that Hugo Salabio was playing, a player that I think has big potential, surprised he hasn't at minimum in the 21 man Catalan squad. Saw him play a few games in the Championship on loan for Toulouse and was really impressed. 

France's weak spot in the past few years has been their pack, lack of size and top level players, these two lads are big units and I hope they can progress their careers to Super League sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

Carcassonne are giving Saint Esteve/Catalan a proper spanking.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Carcassonne have just passed the half-century mark, with about 2 minutes left.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Final score 16:54. Ouch!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

A few players missing for Catalan but you can only beat the team in front of you.  laguerre and rouge should have been playing but only arrived back from Huddersfield at 7am Saturday morning, le cam was suspended and played for the super League team, cozza, segieur and romano also played super League. 

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I actually heard that Montpellier Sharks were returning or wasn't going under as originally announced. Can anyone verify the current status of that outfit?

I’m talking about the Red Devils rather than Sharks, in case not clear. 

A few teams where made to stop their season after not being able to fulfill two  games, the two Montpellier teams had to stop their season because of this, the red devils played and won a friendly last Sunday, I was speaking to Keiran  Lewis after the game Carcassonne be st Gaudens and he played at Montpellier sharks earlier this year and he mentioned it's a club built on lies and false promises. The red devils have money etc to fulfill games but just can't find enough players 

Edited by barnyia
  • Thanks 1

The sharks have published a few things on social media but it looks a bit like they're trying to provoke a reaction more than actually making a comeback, too many bridges burnt for this almost phantom 3 man club. 

3 hours ago, barnyia said:

The sharks have published a few things on social media but it looks a bit like they're trying to provoke a reaction more than actually making a comeback, too many bridges burnt for this almost phantom 3 man club. 

Why? I don't understand 

Top Carcassonne bring down their regular season Sunday with neighbours Limoux coming to town. Should be another cracker as the Grizzlis can upset the hosts as they’re just one point behind. 24-18 for the aude valley side earlier. Nothing between them.

Lezignan looked top dog a month or so back. Injuries hurt them big time with Maloney, Lacans and Albert out. Will they find a way back in the play-offs I wonder ?

Elsewhere Elite 2 has top place sorted with unbeaten Pia with just two games to go, Will play Vinnie Anderson’s Villegailhenc side at Pia last game. Two other Catalan sides in the mix Ille and Baho. These four likely be in the semi-finals. Likely Pia to gain promtion I think,

Palau who dropped out of Elite 1 look likely to gain promotion into Elite 2 from the National comp, If so would keep three Elite 2 sides from Catalans in that division next year.

Edited by audois
  • Thanks 2

Saturday the 9th of April
19:00 - Albi v Saint-Gaudens (YouTube)

Sunday the 10th of April
15:00 - Villeneuve v St-Esteve Catalan (YouTube)
15:30 - Lezignan v Avignon (Facebook)
16:00 - Carcassonne v Limoux (Facebook)

• Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Vibrant weekend between Stade Brutus and Domec in Carcassonne with 12,000 attending in total. We  need more of them. Both the Dragons and the Canaris organisations with lots of stuff put on around the games. Uplifting

24 minutes ago, audois said:

Vibrant weekend between Stade Brutus and Domec in Carcassonne with 12,000 attending in total. We  need more of them. Both the Dragons and the Canaris organisations with lots of stuff put on around the games. Uplifting

Does that mean there were around 3,500 at the Carcassonne game? If so that’s tremendous isn’t it?