Elite 1 is back this weekend

Just me or does anybody else have problem with feed, runs for about 20 seconds then stops?

• Like 2

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

8 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Took it off auto. On my phone it is dire but on PC seems stable. Can you pause it and run it a few seconds behind? 

Seems to have settled down thanks

10 minutes ago, Jim from Oz said:

I am in Spain and watching it on my phone without any problems 😇

Lucky you! Mine has gone back to stop/start and even trying to go via Facebook is giving same result!

Good footage when it works and decent crowd but remember being there for Villeneuve/St Esteve and stand shown was full.

46 minutes ago, BJW said:

Just me or does anybody else have problem with feed, runs for about 20 seconds then stops?

My picture goes grainy quite a bit of the time.  Still worth watching, though.  Bit stop-startish, but still not bad.  Good to see 'legal' PTBs, as is the norm in France!

1 hour ago, BJW said:

Same here. Even on the lowest quality, it is barely working. Such a pity, as the atmosphere sounds great, and the ViaOccitanie stream is usually much more robust than this.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Was that the crowd today? 

8000 today and 10000 over the weekend including the handisport and women's games, my son got the win and a good win for Carcassonne ! the party at stade domec tonight is going to be great! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As the French season draws to a close (though I know there are one or two games still to play!), it seems an appropriate time to express my thanks to those contributors to these fora in France who bring us the French RL news from a local perspective - Audois, Barnyia, FCL and Pecetto, to name but four, and I know there are others too.

It's always really refreshing and stimulating to get your geographically influenced perspective on things, whether we agree with you or not - many thanks, guys!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, barnyia said:

8000 today and 10000 over the weekend including the handisport and women's games, my son got the win and a good win for Carcassonne ! the party at stade domec tonight is going to be great! 

What will the celebratory tipple be?  Blanquette de Limoux?  Probably a good choice, even if a bit ironic!

37 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

As the French season draws to a close (though I know there are one or two games still to play!), it seems an appropriate time to express my thanks to those contributors to these fora in France who bring us the French RL news from a local perspective - Audois, Barnyia, FCL and Pecetto, to name but four, and I know there are others too.

It's always really refreshing and stimulating to get your geographically influenced perspective on things, whether we agree with you or not - many thanks, guys!

Agree fully mate, the info those chaps give us is superb. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As a Frenchman, I find it important that you can have realistic information to have a real overview of the situation. I remain convinced that France and the development of its solid national championship is the key to the development of the discipline in Europe much more than other wacky projects that the media tend to put forward. I hope a team will represent our country in the Challenge Cup, we have so many good memories with Lezignan whether in Rochdale, Widnes, Barrow, Whitehaven or Workington. I take this opportunity to congratulate on this forum Barnya who is champion of France Elite and one of his sons champion of France in the U15 category.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

The Federation and Luc Lacoste did a great job over the weekend. Taking it back to Narbonne was the right thing for sure. Two days of games never seen before. Saturday saw two wheel chair challenges Elite 1 with the Dragons Handi up against Montauban and Elite 2 between STO XIII and Vichy. Looks like that the Toulouse link-up is with the rugby union set-up at Ernest Wallon. Two womens' games Elite 1 Lescure from Albi up against the Catalan Deésses side and the Elite 2 between a side from Bordeaux-Bègles and Limoux.

On the Sunday 5 games covering games U15,U17,U19 and the Elite 1 Championship bringing it to a close. An excellent crowd bigger than it's been in some years. The Fed had lots of French jerseys and T-shirts for sale and two bands to keep everybody entertained.

Edited by audois
  • Like 6

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

I don't want to talk nonsense but I think that the bandas (the brass bands) were commissioned by the clubs of Limoux and Carcassonne

• Like 2

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

Noticed Catalans u19s beat Toulouse in there gf. Any of them players look like they could play sl in a few years.

Two horse race U19s undefeated 18-0. Only TO got near them . Sunday it was 22-8 with  try count only 3 to two

They played TO last week in the semi-final of the Cup going down 20-18.

Against Aude teams -Lezignan 70-0/Carcassonne 64-4/Limoux 76-12

• Like 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

On 24/05/2022 at 11:32, Charlie said:

Noticed Catalans u19s beat Toulouse in there gf. Any of them players look like they could play sl in a few years.

Highlights here

https://www.to13.com/actualites/u19-le-to-sincline-en-finale-du-championnat-de-france-u19-elite/

*It appears I think that both clubs have National U19s teams too. A final next weekend up at Albi

I remember years back TO came to Carcassonne with just nine lads u19s. Shows how much they've grown.

Edited by audois
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/05/2022 at 19:18, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

Is the wales international at albi on tv or online anywhere ?

Would expect. Toulouse based viàOccitaine did a decent job .for the Elite 1 Chamionship. Albi just up the road. France 2 free-to air public TV who did the St Helens Challenge Cup semi final in Perpignan recently could build on that.

• Thanks 1

On 23/05/2022 at 23:30, audois said:

The Federation and Luc Lacoste did a great job over the weekend. Taking it back to Narbonne was the right thing for sure. Two days of games never seen before. Saturday saw two wheel chair challenges Elite 1 with the Dragons Handi up against Montauban and Elite 2 between STO XIII and Vichy. Looks like that the Toulouse link-up is with the rugby union set-up at Ernest Wallon. Two womens' games Elite 1 Lescure from Albi up against the Catalan Deésses side and the Elite 2 between a side from Bordeaux-Bègles and Limoux.

On the Sunday 5 games covering games U15,U17,U19 and the Elite 1 Championship bringing it to a close. An excellent crowd bigger than it's been in some years. The Fed had lots of French jerseys and T-shirts for sale and two bands to keep everybody entertained.

100% agree. The videos of the games, the atmosphere and a good crowd were all plus points. It made me think back to days when Rugby XIII was stronger in France, although I admit much work is still to be done to get back to that. What I'd call a large stride in the right direction. 

• Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

10 hours ago, RayCee said:

100% agree. The videos of the games, the atmosphere and a good crowd were all plus points. It made me think back to days when Rugby XIII was stronger in France, although I admit much work is still to be done to get back to that. What I'd call a large stride in the right direction. 

To be fair the  Aude sides have domainated of late and just down the road too. Limoux put a womens' as well as Leizinan put out a U15s. The Catalans U19 like wise with TO there. Enjoyed their close battle.

Looks like  Pia could be back in Elite 1 next season. The Catalans lost Palau a few years back  but Pia offfer some thing different. When they were kicked out they were a top side.

It's a step forward and some thing to build on for sure

Edited by audois

• 1 month later...

Unsure where to put this but this seems as good a place as any - Albi young gun Baptiste Fabre has headed back to Australia to join the Easts Tigers who play in the QLD Cup as a feeder team for the Melbourne Storm.

Clement Boyer also headed to Australia following the Elite 1 season and is playing in the BRL (Brisbane RL) which is a level below QCUP, he's playing for Pine Rivers Bears who feed into Redcliffe Dolphins QCup side and looking at recent team lists there's quite a few players who have played regular QCup in the side. Probably not a bad club to get a start at given the Dolphins will be entering the NRL next year and no doubt will be looking for more talent to play in their Cup side next season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1