London Broncos resign Lewis Bienek - Off season news

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to be honest my last few posts have been nothing but doom for London, but for the first time for about 12 months, I am finally seeing some hope that we might actually be building a squad which will compete in the championship

Yes IIlnes and Lewis are not world beaters, they would not get into Leigh, Fax, Fev squads, but these are the sort of players that if we can get more of the same quality, might have us finishing in the 8-10 range with Sheffield, York etc, and not bottom 3-4

Two players do not make a side, but these signings at least show London might have enoough next season to get to mid table, and if they do that would be an achievement

Lewis Bienek is a project (or at least he was a few seasons ago). 
Pity a club with a genuine quality coach/coaches didn’t get hold of him. Not sure what type of player he is these days, but he had the tools to be pretty special.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

3 minutes ago, crashmon said:

I have to be honest my last few posts have been nothing but doom for London, but for the first time for about 12 months, I am finally seeing some hope that we might actually be building a squad which will compete in the championship

Yes IIlnes and Lewis are not world beaters, they would not get into Leigh, Fax, Fev squads, but these are the sort of players that if we can get more of the same quality, might have us finishing in the 8-10 range with Sheffield, York etc, and not bottom 3-4

Two players do not make a side, but these signings at least show London might have enoough next season to get to mid table, and if they do that would be an achievement

I hope you are right coz from what I can see we're still behind most teams in the Championship in regards to the lack of quality in our squad 

Macani had a season with us (Bulls) a few years back, and frankly he was awful. Maybe he’s improved… 

Also, the new coach signing his mates from London Skolars doesn’t suggest to me that the Broncos are exactly aiming high for 2022

Part time might suit Lewis.  I think moving away from home as a relatively young man (20)  might not have been right for him.  That and opportunity.

I don’t believe that Hull were convinced with him over Bowden, Green, Matongo or an ageing Micky Paea and after the RFL cancelled the Reserves comp he went out on loan.

Sometimes, despite him being an obviously strong man, confidence has a big part to play and being able to feel wanted.  If he gets settled and comfortable again I’m sure he’ll have a point to prove at the Broncos, who are getting a relatively fresh player as well.  

Daft as it might seem, if he starts to play to his potential, another SL club will come in for him but he has to recover some playing form first.  I don’t think we’ve heard the last of him.

Avoiding relegation is the aim for the Broncos next year nothing more.  On that front have experienced championship players will help, as just going in with acadamy kids will see us thrashed week on week.  We need some experience to help the kids through what will be a tough season with few wins and many thrashings, so seeing them at least start to get some experienced faces in will be good.

For me if we finished 11th or 10th next season that would be a success. Yes its aiming low, but that I am afraid is where the current mgmt of the Broncos have taken us

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Part time might suit Lewis.  I think moving away from home as a relatively young man (20)  might not have been right for him.  That and opportunity.

I don’t believe that Hull were convinced with him over Bowden, Green, Matongo or an ageing Micky Paea and after the RFL cancelled the Reserves comp he went out on loan.

Sometimes, despite him being an obviously strong man, confidence has a big part to play and being able to feel wanted.  If he gets settled and comfortable again I’m sure he’ll have a point to prove at the Broncos, who are getting a relatively fresh player as well.  

Daft as it might seem, if he starts to play to his potential, another SL club will come in for him but he has to recover some playing form first.  I don’t think we’ve heard the last of him.

What’s happened to Matongo mate? He always looked a good prospect but nowhere to be seen last year. He injured?

10 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Lewis Bienek is a project (or at least he was a few seasons ago). 
Pity a club with a genuine quality coach/coaches didn’t get hold of him. Not sure what type of player he is these days, but he had the tools to be pretty special.

I appreciated his play when he was at Leigh, was hoping they would have gone for him this season, I am sure he will do well for London.

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

What’s happened to Matongo mate? He always looked a good prospect but nowhere to be seen last year. He injured?

Came on loan to us (Bulls) and I think played one game before testing positive for COVID. Not seen after that, so not exactly sure where he is now.

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

No he’s been playing at Bradford.  Got a bad injury, recovered then got another in pre season and has been back around 6 weeks I think.  Still no update on a new contract for him at Hull FC.  

Jacob Jones who broke into the first team this last season has gone to rivals Leigh.

I would not be surprised if Jacob went on to bigger and better things in the very near future.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

You will find most of the Broncos fans who post on here have known something is seriously wrong before the 2021 season even started. For most of the remaining broncos fans, we feel its 50/50 if we even start in 2022, its not nailed on we will play at PL as 200K is too high rent for a PT team, we have a unknown part time coach who has 2 other jobs.

So when we say that avoiding relegation next year will be a huge success for us, we are not joking, Even finishing the 2022 season would probably count as some form of success

4 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Yes and both excellent young Southern based players. Bonkers what's going on at the moment 

Is it really bonkers? It's just what inevitably happens when a team goes part time. Anyone who wants to continue as a full time professional has to leave. Which means just about everyone. This was always going to happen. 

Archived