London Broncos resign Lewis Bienek - Off season news

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

It’s a very sad fall for the Broncos and RL in London overall. The club were still in reasonable shape by SL standards in the early days of Quins with Ian Lenegan around. Even the crowd numbers were usually closer to 10k than 5k. They had a very good GM by way of an Aussie guy by the name of Brown, very well linked to the London grass roots scene which had about 18 Full Time Community RL Coaches attached to the various junior clubs in the region.

Then new CEO Goose McKay and the club has been going backwards ever since. Funding for CRLCs dries up and a key driver to what was mass participation in London erodes as quickly as it grew. That’s like ten years ago now and still the club dwindles.

I really feel for any Broncos supporters that are still out there. They need major investment and I don’t think the club has any wealthy benefactors to assist, nor is SL an attractive investment for those looking to join the sport. Sadly, I see many more years of misery ahead.

It's currently a poorly run club without any real direction or plan. Sacking Danny Ward was a huge mistake, and the club continues to alienate fans. It's a real surprise that it was Danny Ward that got the chop rather than the CEO. It's a long way back from here. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, dead man inc said:

He was great at Coventry last season, outstanding in the 2 games i watched him play, although will be a massive loss for them  - will be interesting who Coventry can get to replace him if they are to continue their impressive upwards push next season 🤔

Yes a very good attitude as well, always wants to improve and a good guy to have in the squad. Good half backs are very hard to find but a replacement will be lined up no doubt

They thing everyone who has watched the club for years knows is the proof of the pudding is in the eating. We've heard all sorts of promises and witnessed numerous false dawns.

We need to know more about the squad - will we have 17 players and some kids or will we have a proper squad? We need to know what the plan is to attract new fans and to win back lost fans? 250 fans rattling around at Plough Lane won't pay the bills. Then we need to see how it goes on and off the pitch in the first half of next season.

The fact we are hailing a Broncos squad that looks like it might not be totally out of its depth in tier two shows just how desperate the position has become.

He's a good young player, Hodson. Got potential.

Looking at the players definitely leaving/re-signing, it could optimistically be described as a mixed start for the new regime.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

5 hours ago, POR said:

Out of curiosity  I've seen ex broncos named on championship forums as having been signed  so how many of last years squad have left the club

It's a fast moving affair, but from last years squad

Hankinson and Chamberlain loan ends

Miski off to Wigan

Davis and Ogden to York

Meadows and Hodson to Batley

Fozzard to Widnes

Adebiyi to Wakefield

Jones to Leigh

Richards to HKR

Aston and Gwaze to Halifax (rumoured)

I think that's it, but there are others like Walker, Dixon, Everett, Magrin

Of that lot (other than Hankinson and Miski) I would only rate Fozzard, Hodson and Richards.

A few have resigned but no word, as far as I am aware on Egodu, Walters, Boafa who are probably best of the rest.

42 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

It's a fast moving affair, but from last years squad

Hankinson and Chamberlain loan ends

Miski off to Wigan

Davis and Ogden to York

Meadows and Hodson to Batley

Fozzard to Widnes

Adebiyi to Wakefield

Jones to Leigh

Richards to HKR

Aston and Gwaze to Halifax (rumoured)

I think that's it, but there are others like Walker, Dixon, Everett, Magrin

Of that lot (other than Hankinson and Miski) I would only rate Fozzard, Hodson and Richards.

A few have resigned but no word, as far as I am aware on Egodu, Walters, Boafa who are probably best of the rest.

Sorry don't rate Egodo. He's promised much but delivered little 

Archived