Team with most nationalities

Sorry you can tell it’s the off season - which UK team has had most nationalities play for them? 
I don’t have the answer. No hard rules but I would expect the player to be born in the country or have represented a country as a heritage player. 
For my team (Saints) I can think of 15 — England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France, Fiji, USA, Italy, Tonga, Samoa, Cook Islands, South Africa, Holland, New Zealand and Australia. 
As far as I can recall we have never had a player from PNG! 😞

England, Tonga, New Zealand (including Maori), Australia, PNG, Cook Islands. Our Scottish, Tongan and Fijian contingent are leaving this year. Poland and Swaziland too for Oledski and Leeming. 

Much more English than in previous years.

London Broncos current squad is pretty diverse.

England, Nigeria, Ireland, Malta, Albania, France, Lebanon Jamaica, Ghana, Peru and Zimbabwe.

That's just for the one season!

new rise.jpg

On 15/10/2021 at 13:06, Waynebennettswinger said:

Not many can top Poland and Swaziland! 

FEV as well as all the usual suspects  including  SA tonga samoa cook islands we also have some  new boys malta poland italy  but more interesting India western samoa american samoa chatham islands and yugoslavia

15 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Bradford will be possibly the longest. I'd rather do born than heritage. England, Wales, France, NZ, Tonga, Samoa, Aussies, Congo, DR Congo, Albania. I'll keep researching

Agree with preferring born (due to it being more authentic) as you could have half a dozen Aussies playing for different heritage teams (so 1 becomes 6).

On 15/10/2021 at 08:14, Waynebennettswinger said:

Sorry you can tell it’s the off season - which UK team has had most nationalities play for them? 
I don’t have the answer. No hard rules but I would expect the player to be born in the country or have represented a country as a heritage player. 
For my team (Saints) I can think of 15 — England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France, Fiji, USA, Italy, Tonga, Samoa, Cook Islands, South Africa, Holland, New Zealand and Australia. 
As far as I can recall we have never had a player from PNG! 😞

How many are from different countries?

On a side note I wonder what the record is in RL.

Having just looked there are 16 players from different countries in the 27 man Liverpool FC squad. My brother (big Gaelic football follower) wonders how I can follow a team with so many nationalities as he’s used to teams being all from one place (in this case Ireland). The concept of global he’s yet to grasp.

6 hours ago, DC77 said:

Agree with preferring born (due to it being more authentic) as you could have half a dozen Aussies playing for different heritage teams (so 1 becomes 6).

How many are from different countries?

On a side note I wonder what the record is in RL.

Having just looked there are 16 players from different countries in the 27 man Liverpool FC squad. My brother (big Gaelic football follower) wonders how I can follow a team with so many nationalities as he’s used to teams being all from one place (in this case Ireland). The concept of global he’s yet to grasp.

Gaelic football teams being made of exclusively of Irish born players is, I am sure, the norm, but is not always the case.  The O hAilpin brothers, who I think played both football and hurling to a high (ie inter-county) standard were variously born in Fiji and Australia, I think.

Archived