NCL Finals 16/10/2021 (OurLeague)

I missed the start of the Shield final, but it is currently Kells 0:10 West Hull.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

West Hull were too strong, especially in defence, but at least Kells got on the scoreboard.

Result - Kells 6:32 West Hull

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Grand Final: Thatto Heath Crusaders v Wath Brow Hornets.

Just kicked off.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Flukey second try from Thatto Heath, as a DG attempt hits the post, and the kicker was first to the rebound.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Excellent entertainment! Congratulations to Thatto Heath.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

National Conference - Cup Final: Clock Face Miners v East Leeds

East Leeds are first on the scoreboard and it is 0:6 on 23 minutes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Clock Face Miners 0:10 East Leeds at HT. Not a lot between them on the field, but Clock Face may tire themselves chasing the game uphill in the second half.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great chase from Forber to get Clock Face on the scoreboard!

CFM 6:18 East Leeds

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Full Time, and the score is Clock Face Miners 12:25 East Leeds. Another entertaining match.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Flukey second try from Thatto Heath, as a DG attempt hits the post, and the kicker was first to the rebound.

Worse than flukey. The tryscorer wasn't the guy who tried to drop a goal . He was standing about 15 yards offside when it was kicked and had an easy job touching down. Ref missed this completely. Rather unfortunate for Wath Brow!!

1 minute ago, bromleybulldog said:

Worse than flukey. The tryscorer wasn't the guy who tried to drop a goal . He was standing about 15 yards offside when it was kicked and had an easy job touching down. Ref missed this completely. Rather unfortunate for Wath Brow!!

Yes, that became evident after the try was awarded. Not great, but I still think the better side won in the end, A closer finish might have undone them, though.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

Missed by the ref,linesman & in goal judge which was appalling given how offside the try scorer & about 10 other Thatto players were.

Its interesting that the RFL have showed every other try scored yesterday bar that one on their social media site.

Don't think brow were ever in it, offered little in attack, other than the hands wide very late on when they actually did break away and score,  looking for excuse, although the decision to allow that score was incredible and you wonder what the officials are looking at between them.

On 16/10/2021 at 21:47, Futtocks said:

Your eyes are as bad as the referee’s eyes 😂

Check again and tell me that’s a fair try.

Archived